Motorola Solutions Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

28 interviews

2.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

one telephonic interview for 45 mins discusses simple oops concepts. THen an onsite interview call. had 3 back to back interviews, 2 technical and one with the hiring manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Solutions

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

4 rounds, about one hour each. They where mostly technical with object oriented programming general questions and a few specific questions, but each round asked similar questions. It was required to write some pseudocode to solve problems

Interview Questions
    • They asked to choose a language between a few options and write the code to solve a written problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in March 2013.

First interview took place at the campus. After couple of weeks the recruiters organized a telephonic interview. The interview was completely technical full of C questions.

Interview Questions
    • Q1. What is the difference between Interrupt and Polling?
      Q2. What is static identifier? Where is it used?
      Q3. Questions on pointer concept. They explained a small piece of code over the phone and asked questions based on it. Like incrementing pointer value.
      Q4. Difference between Array and linked list. When and how is array preferred over Linux?
        View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in April 2013.

Started with a phone interview which only consisted of me talking about my resume and projects. There was no coding questions.

The onsite interview consisted of speaking with 3 engineers and 1 hiring manager. Everybody was very friendly. Spent a lot of time with each engineer talking about my projects. There was some basic coding questions, object-oriented questions, multi-threading questions, etc. One of the engineers really liked me and I got an offer in less than 24 hours.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in March 2013.

45 minute interview which included your standard behavioral questions. Team of engineers make fun of you during interview and set you up for opportunities to be disrespectful. You'll be hired or not based on one technical question: "have you ever built your own computer before?" All they want to know is if you have any experience with systems and software. They might ask if you have familiarity with various computer systems, windows, unix, linux... Don't bother even writing a thank you note, nobody in the whole company has business cards. If you have a reasonable GPA, and any experience with computers you'll probably get the job. They also want to know that you know what the responsibilities of the position you're applying for are.

Interview Questions
    • "have you ever built your own computer before?"   View Answer

No job security everyone starts out at the same salary and the engineers there are rude.

Software Engineer Interview

It was an easy process with two interviews. First one was for about 1 hour full technical with questions on C/C++. Data structures and Digital design.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in August 2008.

I contacted a hiring recruiter via a friend who got in before me from master's school. The interview was a event that was hiring in bulk during the end of the dot-com bubble. Multiple interviews/teams interviewed all candidates at that time and each received multiple offers.. that was the dot-com time.. easy interview

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, but there is only a little room, coz software engineer are treated as commodities by this company, especially engineer needing sponsorship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in April 2010.

Good HR staff,,Very helpful and changed the dates around for me. Very simple interview followed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us one personal experience where you demonstrated leadership skills?   Answer Question
    • How to find the three biggest numbers in a list?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in April 2011.

I applied online on the website and got an interview call after 2 months from applying. My manager sent me an email and scheduled a phone interview with me. Then after 2 days I got a call from the HR telling me that I have been hired.

Interview Questions
    • What are SYSCALLS and Subroutines in Assembly?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kraków (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in November 2010.

Phone call asking about previous activities, then technical panel (nothing unusual there - C++/C, some general issue finding, some real live issues, no 'funny stuff' and 'bracket counting' etc.), then HR pannel where you can 'discuss' about your requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Development Management related questions were unclear.
      Unexpected was discussion about bit / byte order with no reference to the CPU - in fact important issue but could be more like 'what is the byte order in CPU xyz'.
        Answer Question
    Stiff offer, no discussion in fact.

Worked for Motorola Solutions? Contribute to the Community!