Motorola Solutions Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.9

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Plantation, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application online and got a email request to speak with me over the phone. We weren't able to rearrange the time because of tight schedules, but finally had the phone interview (the interviewer was maybe 1 hour late in calling me). Thought it went decently, but I haven't heard back from them since, and the interviewer doesn't respond to emails. Overall, good experience in seeing what kind of technical questions they would ask but horrible interviewer/interviewee communication on the part of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Stack vs. Queue
    2. How do you count the elements of the list without using a for-loop

1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Solutions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

one telephonic interview for 45 mins discusses simple oops concepts. THen an onsite interview call. had 3 back to back interviews, 2 technical and one with the hiring manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

4 rounds, about one hour each. They where mostly technical with object oriented programming general questions and a few specific questions, but each round asked similar questions. It was required to write some pseudocode to solve problems

Interview Questions

• They asked to choose a language between a few options and write the code to solve a written problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone interview which only consisted of me talking about my resume and projects. There was no coding questions.

The onsite interview consisted of speaking with 3 engineers and 1 hiring manager. Everybody was very friendly. Spent a lot of time with each engineer talking about my projects. There was some basic coding questions, object-oriented questions, multi-threading questions, etc. One of the engineers really liked me and I got an offer in less than 24 hours.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

45 minute interview which included your standard behavioral questions. Team of engineers make fun of you during interview and set you up for opportunities to be disrespectful. You'll be hired or not based on one technical question: "have you ever built your own computer before?" All they want to know is if you have any experience with systems and software. They might ask if you have familiarity with various computer systems, windows, unix, linux... Don't bother even writing a thank you note, nobody in the whole company has business cards. If you have a reasonable GPA, and any experience with computers you'll probably get the job. They also want to know that you know what the responsibilities of the position you're applying for are.

Interview Questions

• "have you ever built your own computer before?"   1 Answer

No job security everyone starts out at the same salary and the engineers there are rude.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First interview took place at the campus. After couple of weeks the recruiters organized a telephonic interview. The interview was completely technical full of C questions.

Interview Questions

• Q1. What is the difference between Interrupt and Polling?
      Q2. What is static identifier? Where is it used?
      Q3. Questions on pointer concept. They explained a small piece of code over the phone and asked questions based on it. Like incrementing pointer value.
      Q4. Difference between Array and linked list. When and how is array preferred over Linux?

1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was an easy process with two interviews. First one was for about 1 hour full technical with questions on C/C++. Data structures and Digital design.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online on the website and got an interview call after 2 months from applying. My manager sent me an email and scheduled a phone interview with me. Then after 2 days I got a call from the HR telling me that I have been hired.

Interview Questions

• What are SYSCALLS and Subroutines in Assembly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Good HR staff,,Very helpful and changed the dates around for me. Very simple interview followed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one personal experience where you demonstrated leadership skills?   Answer Question
    • How to find the three biggest numbers in a list?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

I contacted a hiring recruiter via a friend who got in before me from master's school. The interview was a event that was hiring in bulk during the end of the dot-com bubble. Multiple interviews/teams interviewed all candidates at that time and each received multiple offers.. that was the dot-com time.. easy interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but there is only a little room, coz software engineer are treated as commodities by this company, especially engineer needing sponsorship.