Motorola Solutions Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2014

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview process was very casual at first and the included a formal interview process afterwards. There were also introductions to the engineering team, which probably was testing how much of a match a candidate was. With this position, they tested more for analytical skills, communication/personality skills, and if your interest was in RF at all. Also, make sure that you know that Motorola Solutions does not make phones anymore!! That is Motorola Mobility and it will help that they won't have to explain that.

Interview Questions
  • How have you resolved conflicts with members on a project? What is the biggest technical problem you have faced?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Solutions

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

I applied for the position online and it led to the hiring manager writing me an email asking when we could talk. He called and we had a very casual phone interview where he asked about my resume and some experience. A week or two later I was emailed about going up and doing an in person interview. They flew me out, paid for everything and the interview was extremely laid back. Questions weren't technical at all, more personal which was surprising. A week after the in person interview I was contacted one last time where it was implied I had gotten the position. Sent offer over and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What problem that you solved while working made you proudest?   Answer Question
    No negotiations, take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Number of interview was just 1. I was interviewed for the intern position. Didn't ask any of the technical questions. Focus was on the communications skills and the personality. Met with all the team members and their input matters.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Motorola Solutions in November 2011.

presentation, then technical questions

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Applied through my college career website. Was interviewed in school then called to a second interview in the office and met other engineers. Later found out that happened so that the other engineers could access me. Makes sense since I'll be working closely with them.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Direct manager interview, then human resource interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions in February 2009.

Applied through 3p online recruitment site.
    Got e-mail from local HR confirming couple of details. scheduled phone interview with tech leader and Local HR.
    Had a conf call with them (1 hour long) - very friendly and nice people.
    Hand another phone interview with future team leader.
    very nice international team distributed over EMEA contries.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual here, just plain tech and HR interview very positive and professional.
      There were questions about most dificult tech issue I have faced during las couple of month and approach to solving it.
        View Answer
    Local HR offered me a slary 3 times higher comparing to one I had in my previous job :-) after sucsessfull 1.5 hour long phone Interview with my future team leader