Motorola Solutions

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and it led to the hiring manager writing me an email asking when we could talk. He called and we had a very casual phone interview where he asked about my resume and some experience. A week or two later I was emailed about going up and doing an in person interview. They flew me out, paid for everything and the interview was extremely laid back. Questions weren't technical at all, more personal which was surprising. A week after the in person interview I was contacted one last time where it was implied I had gotten the position. Sent offer over and I accepted.

Interview Question – What problem that you solved while working made you proudest?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, take it or leave it offer.

Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview Details – Number of interview was just 1. I was interviewed for the intern position. Didn't ask any of the technical questions. Focus was on the communications skills and the personality. Met with all the team members and their input matters.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in November 2011.

Interview Details – presentation, then technical questions

Interview Question – TCP flow control   Answer Question

Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in February 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through 3p online recruitment site.
Got e-mail from local HR confirming couple of details. scheduled phone interview with tech leader and Local HR.
Had a conf call with them (1 hour long) - very friendly and nice people.
Hand another phone interview with future team leader.
very nice international team distributed over EMEA contries.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual here, just plain tech and HR interview very positive and professional.
There were questions about most dificult tech issue I have faced during las couple of month and approach to solving it.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Local HR offered me a slary 3 times higher comparing to one I had in my previous job :-) after sucsessfull 1.5 hour long phone Interview with my future team leader

Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview Details – Applied through my college career website. Was interviewed in school then called to a second interview in the office and met other engineers. Later found out that happened so that the other engineers could access me. Makes sense since I'll be working closely with them.

Interview Question – Why motorola?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview Details – Direct manager interview, then human resource interview

Interview Question – No such thing   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Motorola Solutions

Worked for Motorola Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Motorola Solutions Videos

Motorola Solutions – Why Work for Us?

For more than 80 years, Motorola has helped the world be its best. From introducing one of the first commercially successful car radios that delivered vital news right to us no matter how far from home, to developing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Solutions Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Motorola Solutions employees and interview candidates.