Motricity Interview Questions

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motricity.

Initial contact was fine.
    Contacted by HR, and hiring manager.
    Called for in person interview - three people interviewed me (including the hiring manager)

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions, nothing like a book answer will not have satisfied the interviewers. No brain teaser (which seems to be the norm these days).   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motricity in February 2012.

I was contacted within a few days of applying which was great. Had a phone interview and was brought in person to meet with hiring manager within a day or two. Interview was about 2 hours, very thorough and ran through my full resume. Offer came about a week later. I'm glad I accepted. I have really enjoyed working at Motricity so far, the people are great, very open and collaborative.

Interview Questions
    • How did you turn a work challenge into an opportunity for success?   Answer Question

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Motricity in June 2011.

1 initial phone interview with hiring manager
    4 1-on-1 on site interviews
    2 follow-up phone interviews

Whole process was smoother and quicker than other interviews I've been on. Everyone was professional, prepared, and polite. Questions seemed to focus on describing my past experience than "what if" scenarios which was appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done over the last year which you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motricity in February 2011.

I applied on-line through the company website, was called less than a week later. I was schedule to interview with 2 managers 30mins each. I interviewed with one manager for 1:45 min. The manager I interview with was a very nice, I never heard what happened to the second person I was schedule to interview with.

My interviewer hardly asked me any questions he did tell me flat out "You don't want this job" He told me they would be asking me back in for a second interview in person or by phone if his boss is still out of town. I never heard from him again, two weeks later I contacted HR via email to get the status on the position and was told they hired someone else.

I let HR know that the position was still listed on the company website, it is 7 weeks later and the position is still listed on the company website. My advice: if I’m not the right person for the job say that, no need to lie, it makes the company look bad.

Technical Writer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

interviewed at Motricity in August 2010.

Phone recruiter followed by in-person interviews (4). Interviewers came from QA, software development, corporate marketing, and project management. Questions ranged from domain knowledge, tools, knowledge elicitation, and project management. Interviewers were friendly, open, and shared knowledge about the company. Sufficient time was allowed for me to ask questions so I could evaluate the position and company.

Interview Questions
    • What work have you done creating a doc department from scratch   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motricity in June 2011.

It began with a phone screening with another technical writer on the team. It went well. I then was scheduled to have an on-site interview. I was asked a programming related question that was completed beyond the given job description. I had just started learning programming, so I botched it completed. Aside from that, all the other questions were reasonable. On the way out, when the interviewer asked me if I understood the receptionist's explanation on how to get my parking ticket validated, I knew I wasn't getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • I will present a programming problem, present it back to me using easy-to-understand language.   Answer Question
    • What is something that an editor can do but not a writer?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motricity in March 2011.

This was a phone interview/screening with a top HR person. His tone was rude and condescending from the beginning, and he clearly was not paying attention to what I was saying, so in the first five minutes I decided I was no longer interested in the company. A friend had a similar experience with the same person at about the same time. I knew the name of the hiring manager so I was tempted to contact her directly, but I did not.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Motricity in July 2010.

3 rounds of Interviews, line manager, HOD & HR

Interview Questions
    • how do you add value?
      what do u think is the future outlook

Answer Question
    very reasonable

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motricity in July 2010.

Was good.. like any other sr level recruitment process. since the interviewer was based out of the country...the interview happend over a call.

nothing much relealed during the process abt the company...was given to understand..its a start up in new markets of APAC

Administrative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Motricity in March 2010.

Great interview process. Extremely professional