Motricity

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Motricity.

Interview Details – Initial contact was fine.
Contacted by HR, and hiring manager.
Called for in person interview - three people interviewed me (including the hiring manager)

Interview Question – There were no real difficult questions, nothing like a book answer will not have satisfied the interviewers. No brain teaser (which seems to be the norm these days).   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motricity in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted within a few days of applying which was great. Had a phone interview and was brought in person to meet with hiring manager within a day or two. Interview was about 2 hours, very thorough and ran through my full resume. Offer came about a week later. I'm glad I accepted. I have really enjoyed working at Motricity so far, the people are great, very open and collaborative.

Interview Question – How did you turn a work challenge into an opportunity for success?   Answer Question

User Experience Interview

User Experience
Bellevue, WA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Motricity in June 2011.

Interview Details – 1 initial phone interview with hiring manager
4 1-on-1 on site interviews
2 follow-up phone interviews

Whole process was smoother and quicker than other interviews I've been on. Everyone was professional, prepared, and polite. Questions seemed to focus on describing my past experience than "what if" scenarios which was appreciated.

Interview Question – What have you done over the last year which you are most proud of.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support
Bellevue, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motricity in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on-line through the company website, was called less than a week later. I was schedule to interview with 2 managers 30mins each. I interviewed with one manager for 1:45 min. The manager I interview with was a very nice, I never heard what happened to the second person I was schedule to interview with.

My interviewer hardly asked me any questions he did tell me flat out "You don't want this job" He told me they would be asking me back in for a second interview in person or by phone if his boss is still out of town. I never heard from him again, two weeks later I contacted HR via email to get the status on the position and was told they hired someone else.

I let HR know that the position was still listed on the company website, it is 7 weeks later and the position is still listed on the company website. My advice: if I’m not the right person for the job say that, no need to lie, it makes the company look bad.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director
Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Motricity in July 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of Interviews, line manager, HOD & HR

Interview Question – how do you add value?
what do u think is the future outlook
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very reasonable

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Motricity in March 2010.

Interview Details – Great interview process. Extremely professional

Interview Question – What will you bring to Motricity?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motricity in June 2011.

Interview Details – It began with a phone screening with another technical writer on the team. It went well. I then was scheduled to have an on-site interview. I was asked a programming related question that was completed beyond the given job description. I had just started learning programming, so I botched it completed. Aside from that, all the other questions were reasonable. On the way out, when the interviewer asked me if I understood the receptionist's explanation on how to get my parking ticket validated, I knew I wasn't getting the job.

Interview Questions

• I will present a programming problem, present it back to me using easy-to-understand language.   Answer Question
  • What is something that an editor can do but not a writer?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Communications

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Motricity in March 2011.

Interview Details – This was a phone interview/screening with a top HR person. His tone was rude and condescending from the beginning, and he clearly was not paying attention to what I was saying, so in the first five minutes I decided I was no longer interested in the company. A friend had a similar experience with the same person at about the same time. I knew the name of the hiring manager so I was tempted to contact her directly, but I did not.

Interview Question – Have you applied to any other companies in the area?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Motricity in August 2008.

Interview Details – phone interview
4 individual person interviews
hr interview
hiring manager interview

Sales Interview

Sales
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Motricity in July 2010.

Interview Details – Was good.. like any other sr level recruitment process. since the interviewer was based out of the country...the interview happend over a call.

nothing much relealed during the process abt the company...was given to understand..its a start up in new markets of APAC

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Motricity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motricity interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Motricity employees and interview candidates.