Mott MacDonald Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mott MacDonald in March 2013.

First interview on phone was to check the suitability for the position.Then there were two personal interviews.Very pointed towards work experience and selection was done within 3-4 days ie decision process was very quick.

Interview Questions
    • During interview I told that I prepared Electrical Drawings.I carried file of my work.Looking at some drawing the Manager asked that your name is not there as preparer so I had to explain that it was prepared by me but as per company policy the prepared by is senior employees name is put.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.I was offered my expected salary on full time employee.

Graduate Transport Planner Interview

Was on the list and they just emailed me. Two interviewer based on a sheet of HR questions, last 1 hour. Technical questions: 1 oral and 1 verbal. The interview seems tired but friendly. It must be a busy day

Interview Questions
    • If you're enrolled in a project team. How do you add value to the project. Please make statements. (Written)   View Answer

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Croydon, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Mott MacDonald in February 2014.

I applied through the online portal, I then got called for an onsite interview 3 weeks later for an assessment day, I had to prepare a presentation and do an online test before hand,
    The assessment day consisted of (online testings, presentation and interview).
    Online testings (verbal, numerical, psychometric) were quite easy, just remember to practice
     them before hand and you will be fine.
    Interview was relatively straight forward (difference between AC and DC transmission, resilience
    in power systems, considerations in railway infrastructure).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the biggest challenge faced in the Railway industry   Answer Question

Had another offer, wasn't convinced by the work culture.

Graduate RAMS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mott MacDonald in April 2014.

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks -
    Interview Details – The application process seems very relaxed.

The application begins with an on-line form to submit. This covers the usual competency questions and will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete if done properly.

Unlike a majority of large companies today, Mott MacDonald avoid the use of dreaded assessment centres. Instead, the process involves only one interview with 2 staff members from RAMs dept to discuss your experiences and aspirations and the usual competencies. A 10 minute verbal presentation without computer on a project / experience was also required.

I did answer an online questionnaire of about 200 questions that makes it very boring.

Interview Question – What made you apply for a graduate role with Mott MacDonald? what are the problems facing the division i.e rail safety division based on your experience and understanding, where do you see your self in the next five years, what is your understanding of FTA and ETA.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a fault tree of a system presented to me, very complex system though. describe an assessment process to describe the changes to use in justifying the cost of making risk reduction process.   View Answer

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mott MacDonald in June 2012.

There were three rounds.First a telephonic conversation that was to know about your interest areas, followed by a written candidate assessment sheet.then came two rounds of interview.Questions were general in nature.related to cv .

Interview Questions
    • some questions on sectoral contribution to gdp   View Answer

Graduate Transport Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Applied online through the careers website where there were various questions testing your interests and competencies which are vital to the role. Interviews are then arranged by telephone if the relevant job opportunities are found to match you skills and interests. I found that the recruitment team and managers did a very thorough job of this and they only see the few people who they truly believe will fit into the company and enjoy the role being offered. This was evident during the interview where managers were well prepared and knew what topics to talk about without having to shuffle through piles of paper.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about creating a model to analyse the feasibility of a new transport scheme   Answer Question

Industrial Placement (Civil Engineering) Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mott MacDonald in September 2013.

Application form/CV > Confirmation of interview by phone > Informal interview with engineering principles questions and questions to assess character. Generally quite laid back and I felt as though my interviewers were trying to get to know me to see if I would fit into the current team. Do your research and be clear and confident.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions relating to the field - although it was fairly basic, with a good general civil engineering knowledge and adequate research I found it easy to answer.   Answer Question
    Brief - not applicable for a undergraduate position

Senior Engineer - Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mott MacDonald in November 2013.

2 rounds interview one is technical & the next round is with their senior management.

Interview Questions
    • It always depends on the person who is interviewing. so no comments   Answer Question
    You have to negotiate hard. Their policies & terms & conditions are very open.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Altrincham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altrincham, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Mott MacDonald in April 2013.

An online application, followed by a short interview.

Interview Questions
    • To draw a shear force and moment diagram   View Answer

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Mott MacDonald in April 2009.

Was called via an agency working for Motts about post there - attended for interview within two weeks. Standard interview - met Director of Cardiff office - good interview - company seemed professional and friendly. Took 3 to 4 months to get job offer after giving 3 references for position.

Interview Questions
    having started the job at Cardiff , I was interrogated by my boss about my personal life, friends, relationships etc. I was spoken to like dirt as my boss was not involved in the recruitment process at all and made sure I was aware of this. I was made to feel that I was not welcome in the office by my boss and was bullied and excluded from staff get togethers. I resigned eventually after further bullying and harassement by my boss at Cardiff office.

Worked for Mott MacDonald? Contribute to the Community!