Mott MacDonald Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Senior Social Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mott MacDonald (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the line manager over the phone and one which was a combination of in person and over Skype. They were very good, the second one lasted 3 hours and I had to do a 30min presentation. The flow was good, there was a constant back and forth and there was good exchange.

Interview Questions

• How would I resolve a situation with a difficult team member? Specific thematic questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

The interview consisted of discussing my engineering background. They asked about my engineering design experience. I contacted them to follow up on the status of my interview and never heard back from them for several weeks. Not a peep. They kept advertising for engineers on LinkedIn. When I complained about it on LinkedIn, they filed a complaint on LinkedIn and took my profile offline. If this is how they take feedback from prospective employees, I can only imagine how they treat their clients.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing to happen was when I discussed their interviews on LinkedIn. They had me banned so I have no LinkedIn account.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mott MacDonald (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

First interview on phone was to check the suitability for the position.Then there were two personal interviews.Very pointed towards work experience and selection was done within 3-4 days ie decision process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• During interview I told that I prepared Electrical Drawings.I carried file of my work.Looking at some drawing the Manager asked that your name is not there as preparer so I had to explain that it was prepared by me but as per company policy the prepared by is senior employees name is put.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.I was offered my expected salary on full time employee.

Carbon/Climate Change Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mott MacDonald (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial application done and received a telephone interview. Didn't hear anything back for about two months. Entire interview process took 3 months. Was declined after 2 week waiting time via standard rejection email. No individual feedback given

Face to face interview. Pretty relaxed environment. They ask for a presentation and sent the details a day before. They want to see how well you prepare under pressure. Panel went through numerous HR policies and procedures and gave a handout booklet about the company.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about Mott McDonald
      Q: How do you plan your work
      Q: What do you think Fossil Fuel and Power Stations

Answer Question

Apprentice Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Mott MacDonald (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Started off by applying online, was then invited in with 9 others to complete a numeracy and literacy test.

Was then invited back again for interview and to complete a presentation. Very very friendly interviewers, first ever interview but they made it easy for me. Explained the company and the job on offer to me well.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Mott MacDonald?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

First filled in the questionnaire, then was invited to complete numerical and verbal tests. Received a phone call a couple of weeks later arranging a face to face interview. this consisted of a panel interview with a couple of the managers from the team. Both were very friendly and were wanting to get to know me and if I would fit in, compared with other interviews where I felt they were too busy taking notes. Part of my interview was to compete a 10 minute presentation however the interviewers made me feel very at ease. The interview was a mixture of competency based q, along with a couple of technical to see how I thought about tackling safety problems. I then had to complete more numerical, verbal, and abstract tests before having another meeting to discuss my personality test which I had to complete before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think companies pay so much for reliability analysis?   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mott MacDonald (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1 face to face interview. Had to do a presentation & written exercise as well as the interview where I met with 2 Mott Mac employees. They asked a variety of scenario based questions as well as discussing my previous experience. I was well informed throughout and given clear timescale and in depth details on the process and interview format.

Interview Questions

• Various questions about my previous experience. Some scenario questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

On-line application which is pretty easy not many questions that need answered compared to some companies. Followed ten minutes later by an invitation to complete 3 psychometric tests! Did not complete the tests as I was too busy.

Engineering Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mott MacDonald (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

My CV was sent to the Technical Director through a contact from my last job. They really liked my CV and asked me to come in for a chat. They had basically made up their mind from my CV but were unable to offer me a job then and there because Motts were not actively looking for another Engineering Geologist. Luckily the board agreed to taking me on.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

Well managed interview process. A telephone interview was conducted first then a face to face interview. No structure as such but qualified people were involved in the interview process to challenge your know-how.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple and straight forward