Mott MacDonald Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Carbon/Climate Change Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mott MacDonald (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial application done and received a telephone interview. Didn't hear anything back for about two months. Entire interview process took 3 months. Was declined after 2 week waiting time via standard rejection email. No individual feedback given Face to face interview. Pretty relaxed environment. They ask for a presentation and sent the details a day before. They want to see how well you prepare under pressure. Panel went through numerous HR policies and procedures and gave a handout booklet about the company.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about Mott McDonald Q: How do you plan your work Q: What do you think Fossil Fuel and Power Stations   Answer Question

Apprentice Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Mott MacDonald (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Started off by applying online, was then invited in with 9 others to complete a numeracy and literacy test. Was then invited back again for interview and to complete a presentation. Very very friendly interviewers, first ever interview but they made it easy for me. Explained the company and the job on offer to me well.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Mott MacDonald?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

First filled in the questionnaire, then was invited to complete numerical and verbal tests. Received a phone call a couple of weeks later arranging a face to face interview. this consisted of a panel interview with a couple of the managers from the team. Both were very friendly and were wanting to get to know me and if I would fit in, compared with other interviews where I felt they were too busy taking notes. Part of my interview was to compete a 10 minute presentation however the interviewers made me feel very at ease. The interview was a mixture of competency based q, along with a couple of technical to see how I thought about tackling safety problems. I then had to complete more numerical, verbal, and abstract tests before having another meeting to discuss my personality test which I had to complete before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think companies pay so much for reliability analysis?   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mott MacDonald (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1 face to face interview. Had to do a presentation & written exercise as well as the interview where I met with 2 Mott Mac employees. They asked a variety of scenario based questions as well as discussing my previous experience. I was well informed throughout and given clear timescale and in depth details on the process and interview format.

Interview Questions

• Various questions about my previous experience. Some scenario questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

On-line application which is pretty easy not many questions that need answered compared to some companies. Followed ten minutes later by an invitation to complete 3 psychometric tests! Did not complete the tests as I was too busy.

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

Well managed interview process. A telephone interview was conducted first then a face to face interview. No structure as such but qualified people were involved in the interview process to challenge your know-how.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple and straight forward

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mott MacDonald (Leeds, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Face to face interview. Interview was on a Friday .... Dress Down Friday. I was in a suit and tie. Interviewers were in ripped jeans, t-shirts and trainers. Got the impression that it was not very professional. Found out a week after that I had been turned out and gave with a reason that I did not have any experience of X. There was not one question about X in the interview but it was mentioned in my CV and the covering letter and I actually have over 15 years experience of X. They did send an interview followup questionnaire about the process where the above concerns were raised.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with various software problems?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about travelling on public transport when you have to visit remote sites?   1 Answer

Interview

Was on the list and they just emailed me. Two interviewer based on a sheet of HR questions, last 1 hour. Technical questions: 1 oral and 1 verbal. The interview seems tired but friendly. It must be a busy day

Interview Questions

• If you're enrolled in a project team. How do you add value to the project. Please make statements. (Written)   1 Answer

Graduate Transport Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online through the careers website where there were various questions testing your interests and competencies which are vital to the role. Interviews are then arranged by telephone if the relevant job opportunities are found to match you skills and interests. I found that the recruitment team and managers did a very thorough job of this and they only see the few people who they truly believe will fit into the company and enjoy the role being offered. This was evident during the interview where managers were well prepared and knew what topics to talk about without having to shuffle through piles of paper.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about creating a model to analyse the feasibility of a new transport scheme   Answer Question

Graduate RAMS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mott MacDonald (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - Interview Details – The application process seems very relaxed. The application begins with an on-line form to submit. This covers the usual competency questions and will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete if done properly. Unlike a majority of large companies today, Mott MacDonald avoid the use of dreaded assessment centres. Instead, the process involves only one interview with 2 staff members from RAMs dept to discuss your experiences and aspirations and the usual competencies. A 10 minute verbal presentation without computer on a project / experience was also required. I did answer an online questionnaire of about 200 questions that makes it very boring. Interview Question – What made you apply for a graduate role with Mott MacDonald? what are the problems facing the division i.e rail safety division based on your experience and understanding, where do you see your self in the next five years, what is your understanding of FTA and ETA.

Interview Questions

• Draw a fault tree of a system presented to me, very complex system though. describe an assessment process to describe the changes to use in justifying the cost of making risk reduction process.   1 Answer