Mount Carmel Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Laboratory Interview

Laboratory
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mount Carmel Health.

Interview Details – I waited about 3 weeks after i turned in my resume to get a call for an interview. I felt like the interview went well. I guess I was wrong bcuz I never got a call back. Kind of unprofessional in the since that I was 30 min early and they were late by 15 min. They almost didn't find my paper work for my interview...... Kind of like they almost forgot I had an interview for that day.

Interview Question – What would you do if you seen someone pouring blood from one tube to another. I think I answered this question wrong,   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Medigold Interview

Medigold
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mount Carmel Health in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward interview, they promise you the world to get you in. Once you are in they introduce you to everyone who eventually will back stab you later. The training is a joke, orientation about the same. I cannot emphasize how bad the benefits package is. If you are flipping burgers at Mcdonalds, stay there..TRUST ME.

Interview Question – Do you really want to work for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate,but heard you could and would advise you to do so.

Maintenance Tech Interview

Maintenance Tech
Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Mount Carmel Health in December 2011.

Interview Details – Group interview with peers and HR present, then group interview with supervisors and director with HR present. Job offer a few days later, no real pay negotation

Interview Question – trade specific questions about electrical systems, plumbing systems, where do you expect to be in 5 tears   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no real negotiation, this is the pay and schedule, take it or leave it

Staff RN Interview

Staff RN

I applied online and interviewed at Mount Carmel Health.

Interview Details – Long Process, had to apply multiple times before even had an interview, had attended job fairs where the company was present- with no results.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work HERE??   Answer Question

Pca Interview

Pca

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mount Carmel Health.

Interview Details – This was one of the most difficult interviews I've even had. Notated how I answered her questions she pointed out things I forgot or should I said. When I ask question she seemed inconvienced by what I was asking.

Interview Question – How do you deal with more difficult family/patients?
When have you went above and beyond the call of duty?
What do you think customer service is?
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Laboratory Interview

Laboratory
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mount Carmel Health in August 2009.

Interview Details – Easy and laid back

Interview Question – There was none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First offer I declined and second offer I accepted but not much more in pay

Resident Physician Interview

Resident Physician
Columbus, OH

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Mount Carmel Health in December 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my application through the ERAS application system, was offered an interview by phone, I accepted the interview, and I learned that I matched at Mount Carmel Health

Interview Question – Why do you want to come to Columbus, OH   Answer Question

Organizational Learning & Development Interview

Organizational Learning & Development
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mount Carmel Health in January 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from an HR representative who appeared excited to speak with me given my specialized educational background. Met initially with the HR generalist and department manager. Went on to meet with the rest of the group in a panel-type interview. All were quite knowledgable and seemed friendly and non-confrontational. Was disappointed when I didn't hear back from anyone, including the HR generalist. Discovered that they "went with other more qualified candidates" when I checked the status of the position online (although the position was still being advertised). Felt that was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you advocated for change. How did you go about it? What was the result?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Digital Marketing Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Mount Carmel Health in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on the website for the position. I totally forgot about it when I received the call from the hiring manager when she wanted me to come in for the interview. I was not contacted by HR for screening. After the interview was set up by her, I received an email from HR with a link to taste a survey that was a requirement for all applicants for diversity or something. It lasted about 15 minutes and was by a 3rd party and included questions on race, location, veteran, etc as well as personality-type and behavioral based questions. I was not informed I would be receiving this survey or what would happen next.

When I went to the interview, I waited about 15 minutes for the hiring manager. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. The meeting was pleasant, informal and took place in the manager's office. They had a small staff and the other person or "resource" as why the position was being replaced did not work out. So they wanted to evolve the position with some very special and more skills to the position. I had all the skills they indicated. The process was interviewing candidates that week and on Friday she would call the ones that got 2nd interviews the next week. So if you didn't hear from them on Friday you didn't get a second interview.

The meeting was pleasant and it seemed interesting. I wasn't sure it was a fit. Being unemployed I would probably have gone to a second interview if extended. I never heard that Friday. So I guess I won't be going back!

Interview Questions

• Can you do print marketing as well as digital marketing? what has your experience been?   Answer Question
  • We are not looking for technical people. that was a problem with our "other resource." But we need someone who can do site maps with a marketing sense. Can you do that or have you done that?   Answer Question
  • How do you think you would like working in healthcare?   Answer Question

RN Interview

RN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mount Carmel Health in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for many positions over the months with Mount Carmel until finally getting an interview. The application includes a personality/work habits test which takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to complete depending on your test-taking speed. Human resources contacted me for an interview within a few days of sending in the application. Human resources and nursing management as well as RN's and PCA's on the floor were all very kind and encouraging. Job shadowing was offered for the position, which I thought was very nice. As far as the interview, there were the typical interview questions. First interviewed with the nurse manager, then had a group interview with staff nurses and PCA's from the floor. The group interview was actually very comfortable, rather than intimidating, as we all sat at a round table, so it became more of a roundtable discussion. I think that is a good method to determine best fit for a candidate and gives the applicant an idea of the team environment on the floor. The whole process was very positive, however, I have not yet been contacted either way about the job, even though it's been months after the interview and job shadowing. A notice that I had not been chosen would have been nice so that I could make further career decisions rather than waiting around.

Interview Question – A question concerning a patient from another culture who's husband was making healthcare decisions for her, as was common in that culture. The question was what would I do in that situation.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mount Carmel Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mount Carmel Health interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mount Carmel Health employees and interview candidates.