Mount Royal University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2014
Updated Apr 29, 2014

Junior Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mount Royal University.

Ask about the technical knowledge, usually very basic ones such as MS Office, video editing, Windows and/or Mac OS, etc. It is important that you appear to be polite and helpful

Technology Support Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Mount Royal University.

Interview was a group interview with HR present. Questions where detailed in regards to the job posting. Questions ranged from team work to self-driven projects. Very relaxed interview.

No negotiation

Data Processing Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mount Royal University in October 2012.

Interviewed with the Coordinators.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your organization skills. They also wanted other skills related to customer service, why I want the position, how do my skills relate to the job.   View Answer
    They gave me a grid level, and step 1. I did not realize that I could negotiate the step level since I have several years experience. She used that as a verbal acceptance.

Program Coordinator Interview

Call with short notice (the next day) for a simple 40 min. face to face interview. Was told just looking for the right fit. I walked into a boardroom with 4 people who proceeded to ask behavioural questions for 1.5 hours. Every person took turns asking questions from all angles.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do in your spare time? I thought this could be quite misleading. It was really all about being a good fit to a certain co-worker who was the one whom asked this question.   Answer Question

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mount Royal University in August 2009.

It was the third time I had applied and interviewed for the same position. One prior occasion I declined the job offer as the wage was considerably lower than what I was making. For the second prior occasion I was a runner-up choice.

Interview Questions
    • What is the reason for leaving your current employer.   View Answer
    It was very clear what my wage expectations were before going into my role. I was offered the highest possible wage closest to my expectation. I also improved my 'perks' by selecting a flexible work schedule.

Worked for Mount Royal University? Contribute to the Community!