Mount Royal University

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Technician Interview

Junior Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mount Royal University.

Interview Details – Ask about the technical knowledge, usually very basic ones such as MS Office, video editing, Windows and/or Mac OS, etc. It is important that you appear to be polite and helpful

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Technology Support Analyst III Interview

Technology Support Analyst III
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Mount Royal University.

Interview Details – Interview was a group interview with HR present. Questions where detailed in regards to the job posting. Questions ranged from team work to self-driven projects. Very relaxed interview.

Interview Question – None that I can recall. Very technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Data Processing Administrator Interview

Data Processing Administrator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mount Royal University in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the Coordinators.

Interview Question – Please describe your organization skills. They also wanted other skills related to customer service, why I want the position, how do my skills relate to the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me a grid level, and step 1. I did not realize that I could negotiate the step level since I have several years experience. She used that as a verbal acceptance.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

Interviewed at Mount Royal University

Interview Details – Call with short notice (the next day) for a simple 40 min. face to face interview. Was told just looking for the right fit. I walked into a boardroom with 4 people who proceeded to ask behavioural questions for 1.5 hours. Every person took turns asking questions from all angles.

Interview Question – What do you do in your spare time? I thought this could be quite misleading. It was really all about being a good fit to a certain co-worker who was the one whom asked this question.   Answer Question

Payroll Administrator Interview

Payroll Administrator
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mount Royal University in August 2009.

Interview Details – It was the third time I had applied and interviewed for the same position. One prior occasion I declined the job offer as the wage was considerably lower than what I was making. For the second prior occasion I was a runner-up choice.

Interview Question – What is the reason for leaving your current employer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was very clear what my wage expectations were before going into my role. I was offered the highest possible wage closest to my expectation. I also improved my 'perks' by selecting a flexible work schedule.

Worked for Mount Royal University? Contribute to the Community!