Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.9

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in March 2015.

Firstly, Icahn is a MAZE. I could not find any receptionists to guide me to the correct area.

The interview process was set up backwards. I met with the department administrator before I met with Mount Sinai HR. I was told my interview would be approx. two hours long because I would be meeting with other department staff members. When I arrived, I found out that all the staff members were busy that day so my interview was just a screening (approx. thirty minutes). I was FURIOUS because I commuted over an hour just for a screening interview which could have been done on the phone.

During my interview, I was asked TWO questions then given an "activity". Once the activity was completed, I was told I would hear back from the interviewer within a few days. I did not get the chance to highlight my qualifications. The interviewer did not even explain basic job description such as job hours, salary, benefits, "typical day" etc.

I was very excited to hear about this opening in this department but the interviewer's lack of training made this experience unpleasant. I felt that the interviewer did not give me an efficient interview despite meeting all required qualifications. My interviewer clearly was not trained to interview prospective staff. I should have listened to the reviews on Mount Sinai before I wasted my time and money.

Also, Mount Sinai hiring administrators please review your requirements before posting a job description online. The job description stated one qualification that was required and my interviewer insisted that qualification was preferred not required. It is misleading!

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in March 2015.

The interview was fast. I met with nurse manager and nursing coordinator. I was asked only one situational question. After meeting with them I was informally interviewed by members of the nursing staff. The staff overall was welcoming. I was asked questions that analyzed my punctuality, work ethic, and team work. Currently waiting to hear back from the nurse manager.

Interview Questions
    • Which patient would you see first and why?... a patient experiencing chest, another with a pain scale of 10 or a third who colostomy bag has leaked open.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York).

It's hard to get an interview, but once you get an interview you are treated well. It helps if you know someone in the institution to get an interview. The nurse manager was very nice and accommodating. In the end someone else got an internal transfer for the position. It is hard to get into sinai.

Security Officer Interview

Just one interview...they want to fill up a series of security related questions and then interviewed. It was almost like half an hour. Went good still wondering why they didn't select me ����

Interview Questions
    • When I told them that as an immigrant I am hard working honest and they won't be disappointed if they hired me as I also have experience in security field...he asked me back that do I think Americans are Lazy and laughed !!   View Answer

Resident Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed at around 10 hospitals for residency. I ranked Mount Sinai as my top choice in New York and ended up matching there. I felt the program director was very "pro-resident," and highly motivated to teach. Overall, I'm happy with my decision. I finish residency this year, and I feel well prepared to enter the job market.

Interview Questions
    • The program director asked me what my favorite song was and why. I guess he was trying to lighten the mood, and to get a hint of the applicant's personality.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York).

I had several interviews with various personnel from the department I was being hired for. The interviewing process took about 2 months(!) and it was somewhat frustrating as I needed to commute back and forth from New Jersey.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your last job at the ___ medical office after only 1 year?   View Answer

Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in July 2014.

I applied online, and was called back a month later , had an initial interview with the nurse manager , and then an interview with human resources. The process took about a month with background checks, and reference reviews, along with physical and drug test.

no negotiation

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York).

I applied in November and didn't hear back until April! Interview included an initial Skype screen, then a 3 hour in-person interview.

Residency Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in April 2014.

I was called in for an in person interview, and was offered the position the next day. The hiring process took a little over 2 weeks. During the interview, they told me that this department has a big turn over rate because the boss is difficult to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working for a very demanding, difficult boss?   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in March 2014.

Applied online and via email directly to the PI. I prefer direct email as it seems to get the best results. The emails were very good and we had a phone interview for about an hour, then I was flown out for an in-person interview, met some other groups, and was given a tour. In general I liked the PI but I was told to expect to hear from them within 2 weeks (never a good sign) and I felt the interview was kind of a wash (not good or bad) which is also not great. The biggest issue I had was that I offered to cover my own expenses and they insisted they would do so. However, my attempts to get reimbursement have been ignored, so just keep that in mind. Not too worried overall though, luckily my prospects were pretty full and things have turned out nicely regardless.

Interview Questions
    • It was a little different of an interview, I'm used to hard technical questions but this felt a lot more like them interviewing for me than me for them. It was as if I was trying to be sold on the job, not the other way around. I have no doubt it's very different from person to person though.   Answer Question