Mount Sinai Hospital (New York)

www.mountsinai.org

Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2015
Updated Jan 2, 2015

2.9

Security Officer Interview

Just one interview...they want to fill up a series of security related questions and then interviewed. It was almost like half an hour. Went good still wondering why they didn't select me ����

Interview Questions
    • When I told them that as an immigrant I am hard working honest and they won't be disappointed if they hired me as I also have experience in security field...he asked me back that do I think Americans are Lazy and laughed !!   View Answer

Resident Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed at around 10 hospitals for residency. I ranked Mount Sinai as my top choice in New York and ended up matching there. I felt the program director was very "pro-resident," and highly motivated to teach. Overall, I'm happy with my decision. I finish residency this year, and I feel well prepared to enter the job market.

Interview Questions
    • The program director asked me what my favorite song was and why. I guess he was trying to lighten the mood, and to get a hint of the applicant's personality.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York).

I had several interviews with various personnel from the department I was being hired for. The interviewing process took about 2 months(!) and it was somewhat frustrating as I needed to commute back and forth from New Jersey.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your last job at the ___ medical office after only 1 year?   View Answer

Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in July 2014.

I applied online, and was called back a month later , had an initial interview with the nurse manager , and then an interview with human resources. The process took about a month with background checks, and reference reviews, along with physical and drug test.

no negotiation

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York).

I applied in November and didn't hear back until April! Interview included an initial Skype screen, then a 3 hour in-person interview.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in March 2014.

Applied online and via email directly to the PI. I prefer direct email as it seems to get the best results. The emails were very good and we had a phone interview for about an hour, then I was flown out for an in-person interview, met some other groups, and was given a tour. In general I liked the PI but I was told to expect to hear from them within 2 weeks (never a good sign) and I felt the interview was kind of a wash (not good or bad) which is also not great. The biggest issue I had was that I offered to cover my own expenses and they insisted they would do so. However, my attempts to get reimbursement have been ignored, so just keep that in mind. Not too worried overall though, luckily my prospects were pretty full and things have turned out nicely regardless.

Interview Questions
    • It was a little different of an interview, I'm used to hard technical questions but this felt a lot more like them interviewing for me than me for them. It was as if I was trying to be sold on the job, not the other way around. I have no doubt it's very different from person to person though.   Answer Question

Doctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in January 2014.

asked about experience, patient care, volume, compensation, long term plans, previous history, educational background,

Materials Coordinator Interview

Interesting in the sense that you do most of the talking and the interviee more or less takes into consideration your tone, voice and mannerisms. It seems like a straight forward environment that is professional and trustworthy to those that want to accept the challenge.

Fundraiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York).

The manager that interviewed me skipped the initial interview with HR because HR is so very slow there. About six interviews occured in one day (because I was from out of town) and this is something that is very useful for the applicant - it gives you a chance to see many aspects of the department. I also interviewed with the people that I would be supervising/working with. This did not happen in a subsequent position and that fact alone was a red flag.

Interview Questions
    • A question that basically required that I convince them that I was not just taking any job that would relocate me to New York City.   Answer Question
    Everything was very fast, due entirely to the hiring style of the manager.

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York).

My first interview asked me to elaborate on things I had mentioned on my resume and how my experiences apply to the position. Right after, I met with the office manager who asked more personable and asked more generic questions about my future goals, who I am as a person, etc.