Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York).

Interview

The process was very unorganized. After applying for the position I received a phone interview about two weeks later. To finalize the interview date and time was very unprofessional. I didn't get a finalized date until 3 days before the interview. The actual interview went well and was very easy going. I have not heard back from them yet even though they said I would know within the week.

Senior Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by the program manager telling me that she would like to bring me in for an interview. I met with her the next day for about an hour. She spent about 10 minutes describing the position and I spent the rest of the describing my past experience, answering her questions and asking her questions. She told me that I would be brought back in to meet with the director if I made it through the initial rounds of interviews.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later, I was contacted by a research coordinator through email asking me to come in for an interview. The interview (Wednesday) lasted maybe an hour or almost an hour and I was just asked thorough questions about my experiences, why I wanted to work for them in that specific research area, and given an "activity," although she stressed that it wasn't a test. She mentioned that normally, I'd have to come back in to meet a doctor in the research program, but there was one who was already free at the time, so I met him on the same day. Then, she said she'd email me in about a week to let me know if I'd advanced to the next stage. I ended up getting an email from her the next day (Thursday) asking when would be a good time to meet the director. Then, I met the director the next day (Friday), and on Monday, I was notified that I'd gotten the job and that HR would be in contact with me regarding details.

Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

They were very timely and considerate. Open about the details of the position, willing to answer any questions that you had about them. In fact, they encouraged questions. They called me right away to let me know that I made it to the following round of interviews. Also gave me their information to follow up with them if I wanted to .

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a position working with adults, given your lack of experience in this area.   Answer Question

Radiation Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by three people, who were very friendly. They asked all the basic questions during the interview. After interview on of the interviewers showed me around the whole department. They liked the fact that I had a diverse background as that is what they said they were looking for due to the fact they are located on the border of a very rich neighborhood and a very poor neighborhood.

Interview Questions

• If your superior set up a patient incorrectly what would you do?   1 Answer

M A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Call then face interview. Asked about skills, myself, future plans. Past employment. After I recieved a phone call about references. After I then recieved offer letter. That took about 1-2 weeks. Then Drug testing which was about another 2 weeks.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Got an Email to schedule phone interview,then the following week was personal ,meeting, process was not bad,It was more like a friendly meeting rather than personal interview,met Professors and few other post docotral fellows.Got selected, but pay was too low according to New York's Cost of living,so I had to let it go.May be the pay scale was decided by NIH but it was too low according to New yorks Expenses.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to the research   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the securityour customer service skillsfor an interview,The interview went very well. I was told that if i was choosen i would be contacted by human in about two week. I was contacted and is still going threw the hiring process. All i got say the process is very long but it okay because it worth its one of the best hospital in New York City

Interview Questions

• How good is your customer service??   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was fast. I met with nurse manager and nursing coordinator. I was asked only one situational question. After meeting with them I was informally interviewed by members of the nursing staff. The staff overall was welcoming. I was asked questions that analyzed my punctuality, work ethic, and team work. Currently waiting to hear back from the nurse manager.

Interview Questions

• Which patient would you see first and why?... a patient experiencing chest, another with a pain scale of 10 or a third who colostomy bag has leaked open.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Firstly, Icahn is a MAZE. I could not find any receptionists to guide me to the correct area. The interview process was set up backwards. I met with the department administrator before I met with Mount Sinai HR. I was told my interview would be approx. two hours long because I would be meeting with other department staff members. When I arrived, I found out that all the staff members were busy that day so my interview was just a screening (approx. thirty minutes). I was FURIOUS because I commuted over an hour just for a screening interview which could have been done on the phone. During my interview, I was asked TWO questions then given an "activity". Once the activity was completed, I was told I would hear back from the interviewer within a few days. I did not get the chance to highlight my qualifications. The interviewer did not even explain basic job description such as job hours, salary, benefits, "typical day" etc. I was very excited to hear about this opening in this department but the interviewer's lack of training made this experience unpleasant. I felt that the interviewer did not give me an efficient interview despite meeting all required qualifications. My interviewer clearly was not trained to interview prospective staff. I should have listened to the reviews on Mount Sinai before I wasted my time and money. Also, Mount Sinai hiring administrators please review your requirements before posting a job description online. The job description stated one qualification that was required and my interviewer insisted that qualification was preferred not required. It is misleading!