Mount Sinai Hospital (New York)

www.mountsinai.org

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Administrative Assistant II
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed 3 different times and with 6 different people. After last interview took almost a month to be hired. HR process another 2 weeks with background and medical screening.

Interview Question – Questions were typical, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate salary.

Very Easy Interview

Nurse Clinical Coordinator Interview

Nurse Clinical Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in April 2012.

Interview Details – Recruited by head hunter who took care of all details. On site interview was very casual and welcoming. Director was very informative and hands on. Staff was welcoming process was very laid as I was familiar with the physicians.

Negotiation Details – Done by recruiting company

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and via email directly to the PI. I prefer direct email as it seems to get the best results. The emails were very good and we had a phone interview for about an hour, then I was flown out for an in-person interview, met some other groups, and was given a tour. In general I liked the PI but I was told to expect to hear from them within 2 weeks (never a good sign) and I felt the interview was kind of a wash (not good or bad) which is also not great. The biggest issue I had was that I offered to cover my own expenses and they insisted they would do so. However, my attempts to get reimbursement have been ignored, so just keep that in mind. Not too worried overall though, luckily my prospects were pretty full and things have turned out nicely regardless.

Interview Question – It was a little different of an interview, I'm used to hard technical questions but this felt a lot more like them interviewing for me than me for them. It was as if I was trying to be sold on the job, not the other way around. I have no doubt it's very different from person to person though.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York).

Interview Details – I applied in November and didn't hear back until April! Interview included an initial Skype screen, then a 3 hour in-person interview.

Interview Question – Asked a lot about my skills, asked tricky questions   Answer Question

Doctor Interview

Doctor
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in January 2014.

Interview Details – asked about experience, patient care, volume, compensation, long term plans, previous history, educational background,

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in February 2010.

Interview Details – I received one call from HR and had one interview.

Negotiation Details – I was nemployed so when I requested a better salary and was refused, I was not in a position to push back.

Radiation Therapist Interview

Radiation Therapist
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in January 2011.

Interview Details – apply online and directly to the supervisor. went through two phone calls and two in person one on one interviews. waited to hear back.

Interview Question – What would your next step be if a senior therapist disagreed with your judgement when analyzing films?   View Answer

Clinical Nurse Interview

Clinical Nurse

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York) in November 2013.

Interview Details – Thorough interview about why I became a nurse and what else I do to contribute to the community. More about a good fit for the organization versus experience. Will take new graduates if you possess the willingness to learn and work hard. Talks about continuing education.

Interview Question – How do you work under pressure and give an example.   Answer Question

Materials Coordinator Interview

Materials Coordinator

Interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York)

Interview Details – Interesting in the sense that you do most of the talking and the interviee more or less takes into consideration your tone, voice and mannerisms. It seems like a straight forward environment that is professional and trustworthy to those that want to accept the challenge.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Fundraiser Interview

Fundraiser

I applied online and interviewed at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York).

Interview Details – The manager that interviewed me skipped the initial interview with HR because HR is so very slow there. About six interviews occured in one day (because I was from out of town) and this is something that is very useful for the applicant - it gives you a chance to see many aspects of the department. I also interviewed with the people that I would be supervising/working with. This did not happen in a subsequent position and that fact alone was a red flag.

Interview Question – A question that basically required that I convince them that I was not just taking any job that would relocate me to New York City.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everything was very fast, due entirely to the hiring style of the manager.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York)

Worked for Mount Sinai Hospital (New York)? Contribute to the Community!