Mountain State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Student Services Coordinator
Beckley, WV

I applied online - interviewed at Mountain State University in December 2008.

Interview Details – Found the job application on the company website and submitted the completed form via the company website to their human resources department. I was contacted to come in and meet with the supervisor in the office I would be working. The interview process was typical of all other job interviews.

Interview Question – I was asked mostly general interview questions such as what is my greatest weakness and such but the one that I thought might negate my chances was if I had any experience using a specific software that the company utilized.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Marketing Interview

Beckley, WV

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mountain State University in August 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview was a screen to verify my previous work and experience. After I apparently passed their screen, I met with 3 people in marketing and they asked questions about my previous experience focusing on what I enjoyed doing and what I didn't enjoy doing. In addition, they asked me about the flexibility of my work schedule and how I handled deadlines. Very low key and I never felt like it was a super formal style interview. They did ask one scenario interview for a copy assingment.

I ended up working there for a while and really enjoyed it. I quit after they hired some city slickers and the entire landscape changed from "good works" to "quick and cheap" with LOTS of red tape to get something done. It just wasn't fun and creative anymore. People were afraid to make their own decisions.

Interview Question – What are some of the more creative jobs you were involved in while with previous employers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was no room for negotiation and this was disappointing. They told me this is what they offer and that was it. I think that is part and parcel for life in Beckley, WV, however. If you don't want it and or try to negotiate, that will shoot the job prospect down. There are lots more people willing to work for peanuts in this small town.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mountain State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mountain State University interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Mountain State University employees and interview candidates.