Mountain States Health Interview Questions in Johnson City, TN

Updated May 17, 2015

2.6

Financial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was enjoyable. I really like the interviewers, the director of finance at Johnson City Medical Center and the Vice President of finance. I really connected with them and their questions seemed directly about the position, not just general interview questions. The instructional video is a drag and just repeats itself but it was informational...at first.

IS Service Desk Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview began by the interviewer showing the facility and talking about the job and the various other departments within the facility. The interview was relaxed and straightforward. The Interviewer did not ask any kind of trick questions and just really wanted to get to know me and see what level I was at within the IT field. The questions that were asked were basic questions one should know if you have spent any time working on computers or just in daily computer usage. The interview took about an hour to complete.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about the Internet not working and about file access.   Answer Question

Work Hours

IS Project Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

What an adventure! Two phone interviews...relatively innocuous. However, when they flew me from Orlando to Johnson City, that's when the fun started. I met the director to whom I'd be reporting. The interview consisted of him giving me a recitation of his resume from his years as a consultant, including for Mountain States Health Alliance (MSHA). After that, he escorted me around the IS department, frantically looking for someone in leadership to introduce me to. Yes, one might think that this could have been coordinated in advance but, well, that's didn't seem to be the MSHA way. After unsuccessfully wandering the building for about 15 minutes, we passed a conference room. He said, "Oh...I'm supposed to be in that meeting," and walked away, leaving me alone in the middle of the reception area. No "goodbye," no "we'll be in touch." Just walked away. About three hours later, he called me to apologize and let me know that HR would be in touch. Sure enough, I was offered the position, including a nice sign-on bonus. Again, then things got weird. About three weeks later, I called him to let him know the timing of me leaving my (then) current position and start date with MSHA. He replied, "That's great but they let me go this morning." At this point, I'd given notice, listed my house, and begun the relocation process. I contacted HR and the AVP to whom the department reported. She said they would fly me back up so I could meet her and some of the others and that the position was still mine. Without going into the rest of the dysfunctional process (which would take another 1,000 words or so), suffice it to say that these initial contacts were the GOOD ones. I remained with the organization for just over a year. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. FYI, there were seven people in the department when I arrived. Two weeks after I left, they were down to four with one of these scrambling to get out the door, not to mention at least three directors frantically trying to disembark the sinking ship. Another 20 or so folks I spoke with said they were in a position where they couldn't leave the area and were, for all intents and purposes, hostages to the salaries and employment. Just a train-wreck of an organization.

Interview Questions

• Maybe the most challenging question was "Why do you want to come to work here?" asked incredulously by the director I ended up reporting to. Why, oh, why, did I not heed his subtle warning?!?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary range was lower than what I was after but they worked with me to get close.

Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN).

Interview

After filing an application, one meets with a two - three person panel to interview in person. The interview included sharing my life history and beliefs with the panel and how that could effect my interactions with patients, families, and staff. Additionally, I was given several scenarios and asked how I would respond to those cases. Upon being accepted, one signs a contract with the hospital, completed team member training, and agrees to all vaccinations, etc. required for hospital employment.

Interview Questions

• How would you best minister to someone who has no belief systems?   Answer Question

Support Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview was a smooth process. Employer asked basic knowledge questions, no 'trick' questions were ever asked. Interview was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem that you recently used your troubleshooting skills to solve.   Answer Question

Medical Staff Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in July 2011.

Interview

All msha interview are done professionaly. Professional steps are taken and feed back is given. All applicants apply on line. They have a wonderful process in place. All aspect of job is reviewed as well as an in depth orientation which explains benefits and facilities.

Interview Questions

• Fair and normal. Nothing outside of the area of expertise.knowlege of position, years of experience, education, after interview you should refer online to keep up to date on position. Recruiter will call if position is offered to you with salary quote and further information which will follow.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer is made. If not up to your expectations ask for more.

IS Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process was a single interview followed by a group interview with my entire team. The questions were fairly straight forward and what one would expect during any interview, however I was asked some very experience oriented questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a situation where you disagreed with your supervisor in a previous position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is negotiable do not take the first offer because they will seriously low ball it.

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in February 2010.

Interview

Set at a table of about 10 people asked random questions and then they each tried to capture you in their department. Atmosphere was tense for a low paying position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offered the position, only took because other position at the same company was cut to part time and I had to have benefits.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in September 2008.

Interview

They used situational interviewing and I had to meet with senior leadership, coworkers, and managers. Met with teams and individuals. Asked about the most difficult work situation I had ever had and how I dealt with it. Lots of questions about dealing with difficult people and my passion for work.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult work situation you ever had?   1 Answer

Outreach Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mountain States Health (Johnson City, TN) in August 2008.

Interview

Very typical, interview, got an offer, took drug test

Negotiation

there is no negotiation