Mouser Electronics

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mouser Electronics.

The interview was over the phone, and was very typical. "Explain a time you overcame a hardship", "What adversity have you gone through", "Tell me a little about yourself", and "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" were all asked. The interviewers were very motivated and helpful, and didn't seem to be worried by any of my stereotypical answers.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Mouser Electronics in August 2013.

Its been 3 months since called for an interview. 1st intv. HR, asked a lot of questions and about the survey, then told me that its better for me to work as a stock clerk (warehouse job) to know the company better (duh!). 2nd interview was the earehouse manager..basic questions about myself and what do i expect from a manager.. Toured me around the warehouse. 3rd intv. Told me that i need to retake the counting test..i flunked. Got 75%, they need 80%. Was told to go back after 30 days to retake it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Mouser Electronics.

Submitted application. I was called for an interview. I had 2 managers interview me. I was called in for a second interview and took a typing test and had to type 40 wpm. I also had a math and general english/spellin/grammar or sales type test. I was then offered the job.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mouser Electronics in February 2013.

I had the first round of onsite interview. No phone interview at all.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mouser Electronics in February 2013.

Got a call to come to On-site for an interview.
    HR interacted initially , and asked some basic question - Y Mouser , Projects done , Subjects you liked/dis liked..

Den interacted with Technical Person . No technical questions . Just described project they hiring for.

In the end , told to inform if selected for next round of technical interview by coming week.

Waited for 2 weeks , Send multiple follow up email , but no reply .. Finally got reply of an email after 4 weeks , Not selected

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mouser Electronics in June 2012.

3 interviews total, they weren't sure where they were going to place me at first so it took a bit longer then I wanted. The testing phase was a bit difficult with a 97' Excel test.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked fairly normal interview questions. Nothing really outside of the box.   Answer Question
    I was able to get the salary I asked for.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mouser Electronics in January 2012.

Rediculous process for such a low paying job! Interviewers need help.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mouser Electronics in January 2012.

A representative called me and did a phone interview. It was fairly brief, which I felt was appropriate, and then they set-up an in-person interview. When I arrived at Mouser, I was impressed with the facility, and happy about how large it was. I first took a personality test (took about 30 minutes). Then I met with the HR manager and I thought he was very well spoken. He asked a number of behavioral questions, but also specific questions related to the position. He talked about the strong growth and success that Mouser is having. I was very interested. Then I did a group interview with several members of their IT team. They were very nice, but I knew after the interview that I was not strong enough to get the job. Some of their questions were "over my head".....my fault, not theirs. Overall, it was a very good experience and I would definitely like to work at Mouser and suggest them to others often.

Interview Questions
    • What specific Project Management methodologies have I used?   View Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mouser Electronics in October 2011.

Very Lousy Interview.

HR person was just show off. No idea how to manage people.

QA Leads have no idea what to ask. They behaved as if they just joined.

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mouser Electronics in September 2011.

Typically, there will be a phone interview first. Then a one on one interview is next. They have you take a personality profile and then meet with an HR Manager and then meet with the Manager over whichever the departement the position is in.

After that first one on one meeting, there is often a second interview and then if everything goes well, they make you the offer of employment. I found it an easy process.

Interview Questions
    I didn't try to negotiate much. I wanted the job that badly.