Move

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Move in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via LinkedIn & online. Received a call from the job poster to set up an interview. She emailed me info and the name of the manager I was to be interviewing with. On interview day, I never got to interview with that manager. It was 2 employees. They ran through a list of questions and before I knew it, it was over. Very quick. Not personable to say the least. I would say they struggled to sell the workplace & company to me.

Interview Question – "sell me something, anything"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It just came down to the professionalism and un-personable individuals I met.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Move in June 2014.

Interview Details – Had a phgone interview with the director of Program management, it was a really strange experience, the company had advertised for a Snr Program Manager, however the director of PMO looked reallt bored through the interview process and was acting like she was just going through the forced motion of interview.

Interview Question – I wish there was one, the most difficult question she asked was have you any experience in AGILE methodology.   Answer Question

Operations Sales Analyst Interview

Operations Sales Analyst
Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Move in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for a different position but was contacted by an HR person about this one. We spoke briefly and then she passed my information onto the hiring manager. A few days later the HR person called me back to set up an in person interview. I was impressed by how quickly they were moving. The in person interview was between myself, the hiring manager and her technical lead. Without giving me much background information the technical lead started grilling me about my SQL/reporting experience. Once that was over with then I was given some details about what the job was about, daily duties, working environment etc. The hiring manager asked me if I was "sociable", not sure what that was about. Also I was dressed in business attire with tie the interviewers were dressed extremely casual (jeans and a t-shirt).

Interview Question – "Did you call in sick to attend this interview?"   View Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Move in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via an online job board and got an email asking for a phone call the next day- it got scheduled 2 days later. A day after the phone call, I was asked when I could have a phone call with the hiring manager. It got scheduled for a few days later and later that evening, I was told that they wanted me to come in for an interview. Three business days after giving my availability, I was scheduled to come into their office for a 4-5 hour process to meet with 5 people. They gave me the titles and names of all the people I was scheduled to meet with, asked for my lunch/meal preference, and asked me to fill more information out regarding my job history on their jobs site through Taleo. There were a lot of people to prepare questions for, but the most annoying part was using Taleo, all job sites I've seen with that s/w is awful and horrendous.

All the people I met with were very nice and friendly. There was a sw developer, information architect, 2 PMs, and an editor (the role was content-related). No hard questions, mostly just asked about my background and to give examples of scenarios and give examples of the usual scenarios- when would I have done something differently, what were examples of a time I succeeded and also failed with something, how I worked with certain people/departments, etc.

I thought things went well and on my way out was told by the recruiter what the process was (allow 2 business days for review/feedback from the team and then she'd let me know next steps). After those 2 days passed, I didn't hear from her so I emailed and then called a day after that when I still had no response. Five businesses days later I still hadn't heard back, so I tried calling again and did get a hold of her. She said people were traveling/out of the office and she hadn't been able to get everyone's feedback yet but she would have the process complete in 6 business days (11 business days after the in person interview). When that date rolled around, it was the same deal, I called and emailed to follow up, but there was no response. Two days later she emailed me saying "Due to recent changes, we’ve placed this position on hold till we figure out role, scope and level. We will reach out to you as/when things settle down." A week after that, I saw the job posted online again, so reached out to ask what the status was. I got a canned response from Taleo that said thanks for applying, but given changes to role/scope, I was no longer being considered.

All in all, process went well in the beginning, but really deteriorated after the in person interviews. The recruiter was very slow to get back to me and I waited almost a month after going in for interviews to know if I was even being considered or not (and no feedback as to why I was no longer in the running).

Interview Question – Understanding questions from an interviewer with somewhat of an accent- he repeated his question 3 times because I did not hear his question correctly.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Westlake Village, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Move.

Interview Details – Meeting two idiots who has no clue how to hire the right talent or ask the right question.

Reason for Declining – My self esteem is worth more than $35,000/year working for people who degrades your 15+ years of experience

Inside Sales - Account Executive Interview

Inside Sales - Account Executive
Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Move in April 2012.

Interview Details – Flashback to April 2012…

While looking for new job a headhunter I know emailed me about an opportunity that he said I would "Crush." It was an inside sales position at realtor.com, and as a current (but not successful or established) realtor I actually knew the company and some of their services. So I go to the interview, which turned out to be an open house-type scenario, where large groups of us (fresh out of high school hopefuls, seasoned sales pros and everyone in between) were ushered into The Cellar (seriously this room is named that but it's not in the basement and doesn't resemble a dungeon, cave or place you'd store wine - but it was/is quite cold in that room for some reason).

We watched a powerpoint and maybe a quick video, kind of a pre-orientation orientation. They sized us up, test our basic skills and then those of us where were well versed in the 3 R's got to actually interview 1 to 1 with senior management.

That lasted all of 3 minutes; but with the volume of people vying for the job it's no wonder they had to keep us moving. I was told that I probably wasn't the right fit for the job. Seriously? I drove 30 miles, sat around, jumped through hoops and now I don't even have a chance to state my case?

I asked the interviewer what made them think this and I proved them otherwise with my response. I was then told I was going to meet another interviewer which actually turned out to be two of them. They asked me 2 questions and 15 minutes later I was filling out my new hire paperwork. No I'm not going to tell you the questions or the answers. If you are not afraid of hard work and you think you have what it takes, then apply. We are always looking for great talent.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. There is a structure in place. You must earn the right to get a book of business and you must prospect and build your own until you do. I had to go through two levels before I eventually got to the senior sales team. I think the avg take home on our team last year was well over $100k and many made over $200k.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Move in November 2013.

Interview Details – Their corporate recruiter emailed me to setup a phone interview. The phone interview went very well. I told her about my past inside sales roles and experience with previous companies. Other topics of conversation was: were my quotas met, prospecting strategies, company cultures, daily routines in sales roles, etc. If you pass the phone interview you will then be scheduled for an in person interview. There were three people listed for me to meet, but I only met with one sales manager who trains the new hires. My first impression of her was that she didn't look like a salesperson at all. She had a list of questions and wrote down several notes on how you answered the questions. Questions asked: Tell me what you know about the company? Tell me what you know about the products and services? What do you know about the industry? How did you hit your quotas? Tell me the 5 step selling process? How did your past company evaluate those who do not hit their quotas? How many calls did you make a day? How do you take rejection? Also asked about a couple other inside sales strategies, if I knew them.

She then was rude and told me how I was never in "real" sales. Her version of sales is to be in a boiler room making 125 phone calls a day. Their department has a write up policy. So you will be terminated after 3 write ups for any reasons. If you make 124 phone calls, you will get written up. If you don't make quota for the month, you will get written up. Come back a minute after the 30 minute lunch, written up! She also made is seem that "real" sales is when you have dragons breathing down your neck to make all those calls or else you will get burned. I made 50 to 100 calls a day, closed at 80-90% to quota, made over two million a year in revenue, and have over 4 years of experience does not mean you have the right to tell I was never in "real" sales. So the whole 3 strikes and your out and her putting my sales experience down gave a distaste in my mouth.

So I passed the first round of the in person interview and went to the second round, The Role Play. I was given a cheat sheet of a realtor's problem scenario. Mine was a realtor from Texas who had 3 listings and different prices. It takes her 90 days to sell a home when it normally takes 60 days to sell a home in the area. The information gives a breakdown of how much her commission would be, house listings, addresses, and an explanation of the realtors problems. There was also a script at the bottom of the page of what an inside sales representative from realtor.com or move.com would say. I was given 10 minutes to prepare. Then she will turn around and then conduct the role play. Be prepared to close and use the selling techniques she discussed.

Interview Question – How many golf balls does it take to fill up a school bus?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I don't recommend working for this company if you want to have a stable career in sales. I got a job at CBS Radio as an Outside Sales Representative and love my job because CBS knows how to treat their sales employees right and don't give write ups for small things to get fired.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Move in February 2013.

Interview Details – In Person interview is half-day, interviewed by 5 different people

Interview Question – What's your failure and how does it affect the process? What would you have done different?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Coach Interview

Regional Sales Coach

Interviewed at Move

Interview Details – The interview was professional and informative.

Interview Question – Questions focused on specific experience.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Move.

Interview Details – I had a interviewed with HR over the phone. Next was the hiring manager. Week later I interviewed with the department heads.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take or leave it.

Worked for Move? Contribute to the Community!