Move

Updated Oct 20, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Move in September 2014.

The hiring and interview process was fast-paced and flawless. The executives at Move, Inc. are consummate professionals. The interviews were challenging, but engaging. The HR team I had the pleasure of working with were second to none. They promptly returned all emails/calls and sent confirmation emails so I was never left in the dark. They took extra care to continually follow up with me at every step of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   View Answer
    Move met my salary requirements; no negotiating required.

Operations Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Move in May 2014.

I applied online for a different position but was contacted by an HR person about this one. We spoke briefly and then she passed my information onto the hiring manager. A few days later the HR person called me back to set up an in person interview. I was impressed by how quickly they were moving. The in person interview was between myself, the hiring manager and her technical lead. Without giving me much background information the technical lead started grilling me about my SQL/reporting experience. Once that was over with then I was given some details about what the job was about, daily duties, working environment etc. The hiring manager asked me if I was "sociable", not sure what that was about. Also I was dressed in business attire with tie the interviewers were dressed extremely casual (jeans and a t-shirt).

Interview Questions
    • "Did you call in sick to attend this interview?"   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Move.

Meeting two idiots who has no clue how to hire the right talent or ask the right question.

My self esteem is worth more than $35,000/year working for people who degrades your 15+ years of experience

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Move in November 2013.

Their corporate recruiter emailed me to setup a phone interview. The phone interview went very well. I told her about my past inside sales roles and experience with previous companies. Other topics of conversation was: were my quotas met, prospecting strategies, company cultures, daily routines in sales roles, etc. If you pass the phone interview you will then be scheduled for an in person interview. There were three people listed for me to meet, but I only met with one sales manager who trains the new hires. My first impression of her was that she didn't look like a salesperson at all. She had a list of questions and wrote down several notes on how you answered the questions. Questions asked: Tell me what you know about the company? Tell me what you know about the products and services? What do you know about the industry? How did you hit your quotas? Tell me the 5 step selling process? How did your past company evaluate those who do not hit their quotas? How many calls did you make a day? How do you take rejection? Also asked about a couple other inside sales strategies, if I knew them.

She then was rude and told me how I was never in "real" sales. Her version of sales is to be in a boiler room making 125 phone calls a day. Their department has a write up policy. So you will be terminated after 3 write ups for any reasons. If you make 124 phone calls, you will get written up. If you don't make quota for the month, you will get written up. Come back a minute after the 30 minute lunch, written up! She also made is seem that "real" sales is when you have dragons breathing down your neck to make all those calls or else you will get burned. I made 50 to 100 calls a day, closed at 80-90% to quota, made over two million a year in revenue, and have over 4 years of experience does not mean you have the right to tell I was never in "real" sales. So the whole 3 strikes and your out and her putting my sales experience down gave a distaste in my mouth.

So I passed the first round of the in person interview and went to the second round, The Role Play. I was given a cheat sheet of a realtor's problem scenario. Mine was a realtor from Texas who had 3 listings and different prices. It takes her 90 days to sell a home when it normally takes 60 days to sell a home in the area. The information gives a breakdown of how much her commission would be, house listings, addresses, and an explanation of the realtors problems. There was also a script at the bottom of the page of what an inside sales representative from realtor.com or move.com would say. I was given 10 minutes to prepare. Then she will turn around and then conduct the role play. Be prepared to close and use the selling techniques she discussed.

Interview Questions
    • How many golf balls does it take to fill up a school bus?   View Answer

I don't recommend working for this company if you want to have a stable career in sales. I got a job at CBS Radio as an Outside Sales Representative and love my job because CBS knows how to treat their sales employees right and don't give write ups for small things to get fired.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Move in September 2012.

I recently had an interview with Move.com. It was more of a open process with approximately 40 people there. They made you feel as comfortable as can be. They were very vague on money which I can understand at that point. I had to interview with 2 people at the same time and then take 2 computer tests.

Inside Sales - Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Move in April 2012.

Flashback to April 2012…

While looking for new job a headhunter I know emailed me about an opportunity that he said I would "Crush." It was an inside sales position at realtor.com, and as a current (but not successful or established) realtor I actually knew the company and some of their services. So I go to the interview, which turned out to be an open house-type scenario, where large groups of us (fresh out of high school hopefuls, seasoned sales pros and everyone in between) were ushered into The Cellar (seriously this room is named that but it's not in the basement and doesn't resemble a dungeon, cave or place you'd store wine - but it was/is quite cold in that room for some reason).

We watched a powerpoint and maybe a quick video, kind of a pre-orientation orientation. They sized us up, test our basic skills and then those of us where were well versed in the 3 R's got to actually interview 1 to 1 with senior management.

That lasted all of 3 minutes; but with the volume of people vying for the job it's no wonder they had to keep us moving. I was told that I probably wasn't the right fit for the job. Seriously? I drove 30 miles, sat around, jumped through hoops and now I don't even have a chance to state my case?

I asked the interviewer what made them think this and I proved them otherwise with my response. I was then told I was going to meet another interviewer which actually turned out to be two of them. They asked me 2 questions and 15 minutes later I was filling out my new hire paperwork. No I'm not going to tell you the questions or the answers. If you are not afraid of hard work and you think you have what it takes, then apply. We are always looking for great talent.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. There is a structure in place. You must earn the right to get a book of business and you must prospect and build your own until you do. I had to go through two levels before I eventually got to the senior sales team. I think the avg take home on our team last year was well over $100k and many made over $200k.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Move in June 2010.

Kelley Newhouse recruiter did a phone interview and katherine Armstrong interviewed me one on one.
    Both were nice and made me feel wanted. I like the fact that they wanted me to join the move.com team.
    The issue that I had is that there was a big difference in what they quoted on the commission, Kelly was much higher in her numbers then Katherine ( 30-40k of a difference)I felt Katherine's numbers were more realistic.

Interview Questions

I figure tat internet marketing is the way that sales are heading and i may as well get in now. Also they seemed easy to work with in terms of scheduling my start date and i like ghat.