Movie Gallery Interview Questions

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hattiesburg, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Movie Gallery.

One interview pretty standard

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancleave, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancleave, MS

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Movie Gallery in January 2009.

They called me in and it was a surprise considering I applied a year prior. There was no real interview. Just asked if I've ever worked in retail and told me what the job would be.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Movie Gallery in August 2008.

Sat down for an hour and talked. Got the job.

None

Regional Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Movie Gallery in April 2010.

Sent resume online, about four weeks later was contacted by HR recruiter for a phone interview later that week. Prepared for phone interview by presenting background from resume to wife. Thought interview went well. Was contacted a week later and set a 1 on 1 interview with the Director of LP. Met him in hotel lobby and had two hour face to face interview covering a variety of subjects. He was late for the interview by 15 minutes, dressed in casual clothing, not business casual, seemed to overally relaxed for an interview. It was not a typical interview, he actually talked about himself for 1/2 hour telling war stories, then described company, then started his interview questions. All questions were in general and typical. He made a special point to tell me that I would be contacted by either him or the HR Mgr either way to be advised regarding the job, however that did not happen, was never contacted. I did have a recruiter call me a month later about the same job, saying that it was posted on an open recruiter website, so the job was still open. I contacted the Director by email, he forwarded that email to HR and the HR Manager copied me on the reply she sent to the recruiter. She said the independant recruiter did not work for that company and told the recuriter to not act like he was representing the company. Again never heard another word from them. Another collegue got hired for the job another month later.

Interview Questions
    • Actually were some statements made by the interviewer regarding his obvious racism, although right after that statement, he said he was only kidding. Not the type of statement to make to anyone in a hiring situation, should have kept his opinions to himself   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bath, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Movie Gallery in August 2009.

Very quick and efficient interview process. Interview occured like two friends talking. They knew me as a customer as a gamer so I was told that they needed one. I was told that I did good on my first interview. I have a second interview tomorrow with the district manager tomorrow, but thus far everything is going quite well.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Movie Gallery in November 2008.

very simple. questions, answers, overviews...

Interview Questions
    very simple, they met me halfway...

Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Movie Gallery in December 2008.

I went in and filled out an application....later I recieved a phone call. I was asked questions in a phone interview... next I waited till they decided to call me in for the second interview. I came in, was asked many many questions, pertaining to sales and movies and games. then I got hired.

SCSA and Management Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Movie Gallery in January 2009.

After you put the app in you have to call back agin and agin for an interview. When you get it they bring you in and give you some things to reed. When the interview starts they ask you a series of questions to see if you can work in this enviorment. After your in store interview you get a phone interview from the district manager and they ask you almost the same questions as you were asked before then if you get the job they tell you when you will start.

Interview Questions

Worked for Movie Gallery? Contribute to the Community!