Moxa Inc.

Updated Aug 5, 2014
Updated Aug 5, 2014

4.0

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Moxa Inc..

I went through 5 interviews, starting off with two initial phone interviews finishing with a product presentation to the senior management team. HR and the hiring manager were present throughout, and the process went relatively smoothly without significant gaps in communication. I can't comment that this process matched other interviews, but I believe the general consensus from employees is that my process was common.

Interview Questions
    • the product presentation was the most challenging as I was given one day to prepare and I was not familiar with the product line.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Moxa Inc. in August 2013.

I was initially quite excited about this company based on my first impressions and the reviews on Glassdoor. The process turned into something I've never experienced before and hope never to again. The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen plus 3 pretty repetitive, panel style interviews - 1 of which, I was asked to give a presentation. The entire interview process took 2 months and follow up at the end was slow.

I wasn't offered that job but was called back a few weeks later for a different position at the hiring manager's request. HR did a great job of "keeping me warm" until he was able to speak with me again several weeks later. I will also mention that instead of scheduling a time to speak with me, I was simply told that he would contact me "sometime this week" which he never did. My attempts at follow up with HR regarding that fact were ignored and I was finally contacted the following week by the hiring manager. During that conversation, I was told that he thought I was a good fit for the role and if I was interested, they'd like to include me in the process. I agreed and was told that I'd essentially bypass the initial rounds of interviews and would come in during the final phase. I have never heard from them again. My attempts to follow up with both the hiring manager and HR have been ignored.

I would have walked away from the company back in early October having not gotten the initial job but with good feelings about the experience, and the people. The fact that I was then called back and have wasted another 2 months with back and forth emails only to have them completely disappear has left a bad taste in my mouth about the place.

Interview Questions
    • I felt the types of interview questions I was asked were pretty standard. Over the course of 3 interviews, they became pretty repetitive. This could be by design so make sure your answers remain consistent.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Moxa Inc. in August 2013.

Did a phone interview followed by an in person interview at HQ. We went through my experience in great detail before the in person interview - then followed by nearly a two hour interview at their HQ, they said they needed someone with more industrial experience - which they knew from the beginning I did not have much of.

From reading glassdoor they seemed to be an overall excellent company - but I feel they were lacking serious common sense during my interview process.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Moxa Inc. in May 2013.

Moxa is committed to hiring the right people who have the right background but also will fit with the company culture. Because of this, the interview process can be a little longer than industry norms. They challenge you to do your best during the interview process and motivate you about the company.

Interview Questions
    • They'll ask you what your weakness' are. Be ready to explain in detail. Canned answers won't work.   Answer Question
    I felt like I could negotiate any portion of the offer. Start dates, compensation, benefits. The offer was very good and I didn't feel compelled to negotiate very many topics at all.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Moxa Inc. in November 2012.

Initial communication was a brief call from a retained executive recruiter. This led to a longer exploratory call. Very soon after I was invited to meet the leadership team in the Sales and marketing HQ, Brea, California. Several interviews and presentations followed over a period of 2 months. The interview process was exceedingly thorough and included two board level presentations, several written papers with situational questions and a personality profile survey. Moxa is very employee focused and is careful to hire the right people who will be a good fit with the company culture and invest in their successful career development.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly deep probing into early career years. Questions about position details and decisions made.   View Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

first interview: met with direct supervisor, having a talk and lot of open questions. In the end of first interview maintion about the second interview.
    second interview: gave a topic to presentation, it's about the technical relate to Moxa, and give the topic one week before the second interview. The presentation is around 40 mins

Key Account Manager Power and Energy Sector Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Moxa Inc. in November 2012.

Professional and in depth

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Moxa Inc. in July 2012.

Group interview and at least 2 times or more.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moxa Inc. in December 2009.

Need to interviw at least 3 times and need to have at least one times presentation.

Interview Questions
    • You need to talk about yourself including your disadvatages.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moxa Inc. in November 2009.

I applied through referral myself and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Moxa Inc. in Nov 2009.
    First interview :HR ,
    Then:Sales manager,
    Last interview: CEO
    My interview at MOXA‘s office. they receive me all with sincere smiling like family. because “相互尊重” is MOXA ’s culture. i like it through my first intervew.