Moxie

Moxie Interview Questions

2.4

Ad Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Moxie.

met with director of dept, casual setting, traditional questions and answer style meeting, met the team I'd be joining, took tour of company, offered position by HR directly, started three weeks later

QA Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moxie.

My interview process was very normal. I was contacted by a internal recruiter about the position. Then later went in for a face to face interview with the QA manager.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was really easy. I didn't receive any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Non Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Moxie.

You will meet very few if any people on the team that you will be working on - and the few you meet will be cherry picked to prevent any risk of real life in the day coming through in the interview

There wasn't one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Moxie.

After applying I went through a pretty brief 'quiz' and phone interview. Mostly making sure I understood what the job was and confirming my interest. For the second, in-person interview I was brought in to the office and taken to a small conference. I was told I would be meeting with different people that I would potentially be working with. The first 'round' were a couple of people currently in the position, they almost seemed more nervous than me (maybe not used to doing interviews yet!). All-in-all it was 4 'rounds', and each person asked almost the same questions each time. Mostly gauging my knowledge, interest in Moxie and personality.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot about my experience with Excel Pivot Tables, be sure you know how to use those. Also, was asked a lot about what I knew about Moxie, definitely study their websites and follow news about them.   Answer Question

The salary/location combination didn't work out for me in this case.

Ad Operations Interview

Applied and got a call in about two weeks. Very laid back interview, person dropped a few F bombs without provocation. Lasted about thirty minutes. Got an offer a couple weeks later. Con: Moxie wasn't able to have me start for a month from my accepted offer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Moxie in April 2013.

I was initially contacted via email to set up a Skype interview with two employees (one who would be my boss, one who works in the same department). The tone was very friendly and casual but still professional. It was my first ever Skype interview and I would not recommend them... it was difficult to see one another, the sound would cut out, there was a delay, etc. The interview was fairly straightforward, mostly information about the company and the role and then questions about me personally and based on what was listed on my resume. After Skyping, I received another email asking me to come in for a second interview which would include the head of the department. Moxie has an incredibly creative vibe, very young, very laid back and very inviting- I loved it! There were dogs in the office and each person spent a lot of time 'individualizing' their space. I was very glad to have not worn my traditional stuffy interview skirt suit (my outfit was business casual with muted make-up and a more formal up-do, but with a hint of personal style). The second interview was very laid back, it was more of a collaborative conversation than an interview, and each person made me feel incredibly comfortable there. Afterwards there was a tour of the company's space. I heard back from them the next day.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what communication tools I would utilize to help plan a company-wide chili cook-off and what ideas I had for said cook-off.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Moxie.

I was interviewed by the team members (planners and assistant planners). Then the Media Director asked me maybe 3 questions and explained how important it was we didn't screw anything up. They offered me the job and negotiating salary was clearly out the window. $32k/year no overtime. We work 9-7:30 most days. Now when we hire, interviews are done by the AMD and MD.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They asked me to start 3 weeks later, I agreed. Then they called back to push my start date back a whole 1.5 months. Thank goodness I hadn't told my current employer I was out between those two phone calls. Could have really screwed me.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moxie in May 2012.

Multiple 1:1 interviews with key staff who consistently ran late to their appointments and then felt the need to end on time. Most interviews lasted fewer than 15 minutes. None seemed to get to the meat of the interview and wasted their time and mine doing an historical journey through a resume' that they could have read ahead of time.

Interview Questions
    • The didn't ask me any difficult questions.   View Answer

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moxie in January 2012.

After reading so many negative reviews, I had no idea what to expect of the interview. I was told I would be having two 1-hour interviews with a total of 5 people (senior management). When I got there I was informed that it had changed to just be two 30 minute interviews with a total of 4 people (two in one group, two in the second).
    I was asked to provide my portfolio a few days before hand so they could have it ready and be familiar with my work. I brought my physical portfolio anyway, just in case. The interviews were surprisingly casual and my nerves faded quickly. The people were incredibly nice and I felt almost instantly at home. I was expecting to go through my portfolio in its entirety, but they basically said they had looked at my work and didn't need to see any more. We spoke briefly about a few different campaigns in my book, but other than that they asked me a lot about what sort of direction I saw my career going and how I felt about interactive work. I was showed around the agency and introduced to a few different employees. Over all I left feeling that even if I wasn't offered the job, the interview went really well and that there were a bunch of really awesome people working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Moxie in May 2011.

Thought it went well, I met the entire team and never heard back from them.