Moxie Software Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Moxie Software

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moxie Software (Bellevue, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was emailed when I would be available to come directly on-site. It was scheduled and I went off. I had three interviews all web based questions about variables, sql, ASP (though I tried to explain it in java terms instead), javascript (specifically jquery), coding html and one coding question.

Interview Questions

• The last interviewer asked me if I knew how to remove a node from a binary tree.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moxie Software (Bellevue, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview Process consisted of first Phone Interview with HR with some basic questions. Then I was called for onsite interview. First round was 1:1 interview with a developer. He was very nice. Asked mainly c++ /java questions. I was asked to code for a calculator basic opertaions. Second question was to reverse a linked list. Over all nice experience. He gave me a very positive feedback and told me that he liked my coding skills. Second interview with a Test Lead. This guys seems arrogant. He asked tons of questions like Smoke/sanity testing, test a simple log-in screen, differnece between severity/priority etc. the thing which I noticed was whatever I was able to answer, he would just keep it aside and where ever I would pause to think, he would just keep grilling there. He interviewed me for more than an hour. Many of the questions I answered, some I was did not. After that I was scheduled for two more rounds. He went to call the next Interviewer and came back after 5 minutes to give me a lame excuse that the other two persons have an expected meeting and would not be available.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moxie Software (Redmond, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from the hiring manger for a face to face interview since i live in redmond area. The interview was scheduled from 1pm-5pm. I got a cab around 12 and reached around 12:40pm. Had a smoke and gum and went to the receptionist and asked for the guy I was to have my interivew. A guy (developer) in his upper 35's came and introduced himself and then took me to the conference room and started the converstation and said he was surprised by my accent and said it was perfect for an indian guy. Joked that i could do an English accent too! and then he starts asking me questions about my previous jobs and asked me if i did something entirely on my own in college. I gave him a couple of projects one of which is in my resume. He wanted me to explain everything about the project. It was a OOP project and I started to recollect all the classes i used and he would interrupt me and ask why i chose that class or why is that an abstarct class. And then he said the design was poor and asked me if i can see where it is? I gave him a couple of soultions which he wasn't excited about. Moral: Know what you have done previously as thoroughly as possible. I mean very thorough So, he then asked me a programming question (Find the Kth element from the end in a linked list). I gave him a solution which he liked and asked me to code it. He then asked me another question (How to print the Last K lines from an input file). The reason he asked me this if I can relate this to the previous problem The second interview was with a developer turned tester, her sole purpose was to test my testing skills, a lot of general questions, how to you deal? what should you do when you have p1 bug before the release date? and then a couple of programming questions simple and straight---aced them and then two brain teasers ( I haven't prepared any). Both of them are simple, but i took a long time to get them right... I think she was impressed overall Because the next one was a dev lead. She asked me to code binary search, which I did and asked me some testing questions and low level system questions (memory management...) The next one was my manger, asked only for about 10 min about my availability and some behavioral questions like pay.... with that i thought I had a job in bag, but it turns out that i didn't impress the first guy. i believe he had the veto power but I sure do not know that