Moxies Classic Grill

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Moxies Classic Grill

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Moxies Classic Grill in October 2014.

I attended a job fair in the Pickering Town Centre. It was not the greatest set up, they were interviewing some people in the food court and and others in a room, and there were only men doing the interviewing.

When I first arrived I was asked to fill out the application, then hand it back in. I was unsure what the word bondable meant, so I went to ask. As I walked away from one of the men I asked, he snickered to one of his colleagues about me asking a stupid question. I didn't appreciate being made-fun by such older professionals within ear shot. The same made who made fun of me, was the one who ended up interviewing me for all of five minutes. This ended up being probably one worst and shortest interviews to ever be conducted.

It was one of my worst experiences ever, the owner that interviewed me, sat with me for all of five minutes. In those five minutes he did not introduce himself, or tell me what he did for the company. I only found out his name because I asked him what his name was at the very end.

Throughout our short, unprofessional interview, he was rude, intimidated me, made fun of me, as well as interrupt me when I was attempting to answer questions.

I am only 16 years old, and he gave me a hard time for writing on my application that I would only be available until 9 p.m. at night during the weekdays. He asked me why I couldn't be available until close every night, which was 2 a.m. in the morning.

There was no interview guide, he was just asking me random questions out thin air, and was not taking any notes either. After five minutes, I guess he determined he had gathered enough information about myself to make a decision later on. I wonder how he is going to remember me later on when they are deciding to do call backs, since he didn't take any notes.

In the end, I feel that because I did not fit a specific look they are looking for (white, tall, thin, blue-eyed girl) they didn't feel they needed to give me a fair opportunity in the interview. I don't think you can get a good sense of someone if you only sit with them for 5 minutes. He didn't even ask me to tell him a little about myself, or ask about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • 1.What do I know about Moxie's, other than eating there?
      2. What do I know about hospitality industry?
        View Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Moxies Classic Grill.

First of all the head manager would give you a call to check through your application that you have submitted online, then they would ask you your availability to come down to the restaurant for an in person interview that consist of the head manager as well as the head chef.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moxies Classic Grill.

Went for an open interview to fill out an app and hand in my resume to a manager, set up an interview with the Front of the House manager, then got another interview with the General manager. The 2 interviews lasted about half an hour (over 20 mins is a good sign), basic interview questions like why moxies, why should we hire you, how do you deal with coworker conflicts, talk me through your resume, etc.

Interview Questions
    • A bit thrown off by the "3 words your old manager would use to describe you" and "3 words your best friend would use to describe you"   Answer Question