Mozilla Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mozilla in April 2015.

Interview

Negative experience indeed. I applied online and received an email a couple of days later asking me to schedule a 30 minute Skype interview with the person I would be working for. Interview was fairly standard. Two weeks later I sent a follow up note and was then asked to complete a lengthy skill evaluation and was given 24 hours to do so. The amount of work in the evaluation was not insignificant and I put in a great deal of effort, using most of the allotted 24 hours. I never heard from this person again. I sent three follow up emails in the next 5 weeks - all upbeat, undemanding and polite. No response whatsoever. I know people are busy but this would have necessitated a three sentence email. You’re not that busy. You’re rude. Especially coming from an organization that prides itself on transparency.

Interview Questions

• General fundraising and community management experience questions.   Answer Question

Cloud Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mozilla in March 2015.

Interview

I had two skype interviews. One lasted 30 minutes where he had asked detailed questions about my resume and asked a simple code on javascript . The other one lasted about 15 minutes where he again digged into my resume and asked about my projects. The interviewers seemed very happy and satisfied with my response ,however I did not get selected for further rounds

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my project and resume and write an email validation function in javascript.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mozilla.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within 2 weeks. There were three rounds of interview. The first round was to test programming proficiency, questions in the second round were related to OOPS concepts, C++ and my projects. During the third round I had to come up with an algorithm to render html objects.

Interview Questions

• The question was to come up with an algorithm to render html objects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me with a position he said I was well qualified for. I responded showing interest in the opportunity. We had an initial phone screen and he said he would have someone from the team call me in the next few days. After two and a half weeks without any contact, I followed up with the recruiter who apologized and said someone would call me the next day. No one called. After another week and a half the recruiter emailed me saying the position had been filled. Despite them sounding extremely interested in me (and reaching out to me, not vice versa) I never once even spoke to anyone on the team. Definitely one of the worst application experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

• They never asked me anything because no one ever bothered to follow through on contacting me.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very streamlined and the overall time-period was less than a month. I got my interview call on Jan 26, followed by a Phone screen on Feb 4, and finally two back-to-back interviews on Feb 18. I got my offer on Feb 22. All of the interviews were on Skype. The interviews weren't of much difficulty, but were more a discussion of motivation and what sort of projects I would like to work on rather than "write code for X specification". I was asked only a couple of technical questions, but a lot of questions about the projects I had done in school. Mozilla is one of the best ever places to intern and I am glad about accepting their offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Student Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mozilla in January 2015.

Interview

The first round was a coding interview via phone and an online editor. First few questions were fairly simple, the last one was a little bit more challenging where I got stuck. The interviewer was very nice and guided me to a solution. The second round was all based on my resume, my previous experience, and course projects etc.. Then I was required to explain some technical details I learnt from the course, where I got really nervous and stuck for a while. But it was OK in total. The interviewer were all excellent engineers and very kind and friendly. In all I quite enjoyed the whole process.

Firefox Mobile Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla in December 2014.

Interview

I had three interviews total and the whole process went very smoothly and promptly for me. The first interview was a skype interview with someone who talked to me about my general interests in software engineering and gave me a simple coding question. The next round was someone on the mobile team who was more behavioral in style and also asked me high level questions about mobile development and asked me how I would implement solutions to specific situations (e.g. how to change a link color, live, and based on database info). The last round was a technical interview in the form of a problem that would be similar to what I would face during the internship. I really liked everyone and I look forward to working at Mozilla this summer!

Interview Questions

• Given a Person class with a last and first name class variable, and a chat room with their names, edit their names such that if someone has the same first name as someone else, add their last name initial, if their last name initials are the same, then add their full name, otherwise, just print their first name.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla.

Interview

After applying online for a position that i got to know about through glassdoor, i got a call for a phone call interview which is followed by some more number of technical interviews with actual prospective team members.

Interview Questions

• was asked a questions regarding real life scenarios for which i had to tell what kind of testing could be done on them. Was also asked about some questions regarding linked list implementation in c and some of the very basic questions based on the resume.   Answer Question

Interview

1 recruiter call, 3 calls with hiring managers/directors. about an hour long with each person spread out within a month. the interview was pretty quick and efficient process. recruiter called after finding my profile on linkedin, then the manager calls were scheduled in the following two weeks. i had enough time during each call to ask the managers questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• how have your previous experiences prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla in October 2014.

Interview

I had an excellent interview experience. My recruiting coordinator did a very great job at follow-up, and made sure I was very well informed. I was asked to come in for an on-site interview, and had a great time speaking with the whole team. The only part of my interview experience that did not go as well was when I interviewed with one of their senior recruiters. At the end of the interview, they had mentioned that they will move forth with me. The next day, I received a rejection email. I don't mind not receiving the job, but it was a little disheartening thinking that I had received the job, when in fact I was still in the selection process.