Mozilla

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

3.2

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla.

After applying online for a position that i got to know about through glassdoor, i got a call for a phone call interview which is followed by some more number of technical interviews with actual prospective team members.

Interview Questions
    • was asked a questions regarding real life scenarios for which i had to tell what kind of testing could be done on them. Was also asked about some questions regarding linked list implementation in c and some of the very basic questions based on the resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

1 recruiter call, 3 calls with hiring managers/directors. about an hour long with each person spread out within a month. the interview was pretty quick and efficient process. recruiter called after finding my profile on linkedin, then the manager calls were scheduled in the following two weeks. i had enough time during each call to ask the managers questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • how have your previous experiences prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla in October 2014.

I had an excellent interview experience. My recruiting coordinator did a very great job at follow-up, and made sure I was very well informed. I was asked to come in for an on-site interview, and had a great time speaking with the whole team. The only part of my interview experience that did not go as well was when I interviewed with one of their senior recruiters. At the end of the interview, they had mentioned that they will move forth with me. The next day, I received a rejection email. I don't mind not receiving the job, but it was a little disheartening thinking that I had received the job, when in fact I was still in the selection process.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla in September 2014.

A phone interview followed by a 2.5 hour face to face interview. I was asked to meet with a separate team as there were two available roles. Although I felt the interviews went well as I was well prepared, I could tell one of the managers did not like one of my answers and thought it too 'recruiter-y'. The role description was vague and the team was also a big vague on what they were looking for. All interviewers were very friendly albeit a bit unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult, but the technical recruiter did ask if web architecture was understood.   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla in June 2014.

I was recruited through an agency. The HR department is very friendly and professional. You need to be polished and think on your toes and have at least 7 years as an EA, you really need to know what you're doing and how the industry is supposed to be run.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about what you would do in situations, be ready to answer anything and be honest. They are pretty scrappy.   Answer Question
    Done through agency.

Research Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mozilla.

I got contacted by an HR and then scheduled a phone interviews with a group member. The first one mainly talked about what I did and how was it fit their requirement. It was smooth and easy. After passing this interview, I was scheduled another one with another group member, which I failed.

Interview Questions
    • The project was to design a new image compression standard that can avoid existing patents, like the 8 by 8 block-wise DCT transform in JPEG standard. One question was asked during the interview: Why do you think that we use DCT based compression instead of wavelet based compression?   View Answer

Editorial Manager Interview

Long interviews and very detail oriented. Asked for ideas several times during interview so be prepared. Digs deep into your past positions and seeks to see how they relate to the job at hand. Sometimes questions about other hobbies or interests may come up. Some of the team is based internationally so you may need to schedule phone interviews early in the morning or later in the evening. Pleasant interview experience.

Web Developer Internship Interview

I applied online, then emailed a recruiter who's email I got from a friend. They responded within a week, then scheduled me for an interview via Skype. This interview was mostly just basic web questions, with a bit on my personal projects and why I made the decisions I did. After that, I was asked back for a second interview, which was much more focused around my projects, which decisions I made, and why I made them. The last part of that interview were technical questions regarding the programming language I would be using there. Finally, I talked with the team lead, which was very laid back, and I got to ask a bunch of questions about the company. A few days later I received an email with offer information.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions I had were related to why I made certain design decisions in my projects, and what I'd do to improve them.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mozilla.

Just let me write code online and ask two basic concept question.

Platform Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla in February 2014.

Applied for platform engineer intern. Had a phone interview which was focussed on C++. Also involved a coding question