Mozilla Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.2

Cloud Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mozilla in March 2015.

Interview

I had two skype interviews.
    One lasted 30 minutes where he had asked detailed questions about my resume and asked a simple code on javascript . The other one lasted about 15 minutes where he again digged into my resume and asked about my projects.

The interviewers seemed very happy and satisfied with my response ,however I did not get selected for further rounds

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my project and resume and write an email validation function in javascript.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mozilla.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within 2 weeks. There were three rounds of interview. The first round was to test programming proficiency, questions in the second round were related to OOPS concepts, C++ and my projects. During the third round I had to come up with an algorithm to render html objects.

Interview Questions

• The question was to come up with an algorithm to render html objects   Answer Question

Student Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mozilla in January 2015.

Interview

The first round was a coding interview via phone and an online editor. First few questions were fairly simple, the last one was a little bit more challenging where I got stuck. The interviewer was very nice and guided me to a solution.

The second round was all based on my resume, my previous experience, and course projects etc.. Then I was required to explain some technical details I learnt from the course, where I got really nervous and stuck for a while. But it was OK in total.

The interviewer were all excellent engineers and very kind and friendly. In all I quite enjoyed the whole process.

Firefox Mobile Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla in December 2014.

Interview

I had three interviews total and the whole process went very smoothly and promptly for me. The first interview was a skype interview with someone who talked to me about my general interests in software engineering and gave me a simple coding question. The next round was someone on the mobile team who was more behavioral in style and also asked me high level questions about mobile development and asked me how I would implement solutions to specific situations (e.g. how to change a link color, live, and based on database info). The last round was a technical interview in the form of a problem that would be similar to what I would face during the internship. I really liked everyone and I look forward to working at Mozilla this summer!

Interview Questions

• Given a Person class with a last and first name class variable, and a chat room with their names, edit their names such that if someone has the same first name as someone else, add their last name initial, if their last name initials are the same, then add their full name, otherwise, just print their first name.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla.

Interview

After applying online for a position that i got to know about through glassdoor, i got a call for a phone call interview which is followed by some more number of technical interviews with actual prospective team members.

Interview Questions

• was asked a questions regarding real life scenarios for which i had to tell what kind of testing could be done on them. Was also asked about some questions regarding linked list implementation in c and some of the very basic questions based on the resume.   Answer Question

Interview

1 recruiter call, 3 calls with hiring managers/directors. about an hour long with each person spread out within a month. the interview was pretty quick and efficient process. recruiter called after finding my profile on linkedin, then the manager calls were scheduled in the following two weeks. i had enough time during each call to ask the managers questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• how have your previous experiences prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla in October 2014.

Interview

I had an excellent interview experience. My recruiting coordinator did a very great job at follow-up, and made sure I was very well informed. I was asked to come in for an on-site interview, and had a great time speaking with the whole team. The only part of my interview experience that did not go as well was when I interviewed with one of their senior recruiters. At the end of the interview, they had mentioned that they will move forth with me. The next day, I received a rejection email. I don't mind not receiving the job, but it was a little disheartening thinking that I had received the job, when in fact I was still in the selection process.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a 2.5 hour face to face interview. I was asked to meet with a separate team as there were two available roles. Although I felt the interviews went well as I was well prepared, I could tell one of the managers did not like one of my answers and thought it too 'recruiter-y'. The role description was vague and the team was also a big vague on what they were looking for. All interviewers were very friendly albeit a bit unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult, but the technical recruiter did ask if web architecture was understood.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mozilla (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was recruited through an agency. The HR department is very friendly and professional. You need to be polished and think on your toes and have at least 7 years as an EA, you really need to know what you're doing and how the industry is supposed to be run.

Interview Questions

• Questions about what you would do in situations, be ready to answer anything and be honest. They are pretty scrappy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Done through agency.

Research Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mozilla.

Interview

I got contacted by an HR and then scheduled a phone interviews with a group member. The first one mainly talked about what I did and how was it fit their requirement. It was smooth and easy. After passing this interview, I was scheduled another one with another group member, which I failed.

Interview Questions

• The project was to design a new image compression standard that can avoid existing patents, like the 8 by 8 block-wise DCT transform in JPEG standard. One question was asked during the interview: Why do you think that we use DCT based compression instead of wavelet based compression?   1 Answer