Mozilla Interview Questions

3.3

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mozilla in June 2014.

I was recruited through an agency. The HR department is very friendly and professional. You need to be polished and think on your toes and have at least 7 years as an EA, you really need to know what you're doing and how the industry is supposed to be run.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about what you would do in situations, be ready to answer anything and be honest. They are pretty scrappy.   Answer Question
    Done through agency.

Research Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Mozilla.

I got contacted by an HR and then scheduled a phone interviews with a group member. The first one mainly talked about what I did and how was it fit their requirement. It was smooth and easy. After passing this interview, I was scheduled another one with another group member, which I failed.

Interview Questions
    • The project was to design a new image compression standard that can avoid existing patents, like the 8 by 8 block-wise DCT transform in JPEG standard. One question was asked during the interview: Why do you think that we use DCT based compression instead of wavelet based compression?   View Answer

Editorial Manager Interview

Long interviews and very detail oriented. Asked for ideas several times during interview so be prepared. Digs deep into your past positions and seeks to see how they relate to the job at hand. Sometimes questions about other hobbies or interests may come up. Some of the team is based internationally so you may need to schedule phone interviews early in the morning or later in the evening. Pleasant interview experience.

Web Developer Internship Interview

I applied online, then emailed a recruiter who's email I got from a friend. They responded within a week, then scheduled me for an interview via Skype. This interview was mostly just basic web questions, with a bit on my personal projects and why I made the decisions I did. After that, I was asked back for a second interview, which was much more focused around my projects, which decisions I made, and why I made them. The last part of that interview were technical questions regarding the programming language I would be using there. Finally, I talked with the team lead, which was very laid back, and I got to ask a bunch of questions about the company. A few days later I received an email with offer information.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions I had were related to why I made certain design decisions in my projects, and what I'd do to improve them.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Mozilla.

Just let me write code online and ask two basic concept question.

Platform Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mozilla in February 2014.

Applied for platform engineer intern. Had a phone interview which was focussed on C++. Also involved a coding question

Platform Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mozilla in February 2014.

The process for me took around 3 weeks from when I put my applicaiton in and when I finished my interview. I heard from them in two weeks and then had the interview a week following that. My interviewer was great. When I was stuck on a problem, he pointed me in the right direction. I heard back shortly therafter with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Find the maximum sum of a subsequence in the array.   View Answer

Firefox Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Mozilla in February 2014.

One first interview with an engineer. No technical questions asked as I mentioned a bugfix into Firefox for Android.
    With his positive feedback I got two other interviews. The first was more technical with javascript questions. The second one was more overall knowledge.
    They all gave me positive feedback but due to the large amount of candidates this year (and given the fact I applied late, in january), they finally rejected my application after 2 weeks without news.

Front-end Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Mozilla.

Applied online, recruiter was nice. Was given a 40 min phone screening, during which I coded answers to questions via collabedit, which, of course is tormenting.

Out of about 50 interviews I've been on, both over and well under my paygrade, this was by far the most negative experience. Interviewer acted very annoyed that he had to interview me. Would literally laugh AT me if I coded a syntax error due to trying to crank out an answer quickly.

Questions asked were the typical complex JS questions, with me writing examples explaining each - scope, context (this, call, apply, bind), closures, prototypal inheritance.

No questions concerning engineering mindset, experience or the like.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mozilla in October 2013.

I gave my resume at a career fair and was later contacted for a skype interview. I was then asked about my past experiences and skills, no heavy technical questions. Later called back for a second interview, asked some vague high level questions. Called back for a third interview, no heavy technical questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Mozilla? Contribute to the Community!