Mozilla Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.7

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mozilla (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very long. Interviewed with about 8 people. Took about 3 months. Slow decisions. Long periods of radio silence then all of a sudden someone would get back to me and say that another person wanted to speak with me. Not everyone agreed on what the role was about, so the lack of agreement between the interviewees on what they were hiring for caused the process to be dragged out. Ironically, all the people who interviewed me are now gone.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the questions. It was more like a series of chats. Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Platform Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mozilla (Mountain View, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The process for me took around 3 weeks from when I put my applicaiton in and when I finished my interview. I heard from them in two weeks and then had the interview a week following that. My interviewer was great. When I was stuck on a problem, he pointed me in the right direction. I heard back shortly therafter with their decision.

Interview Questions

• Find the maximum sum of a subsequence in the array.   1 Answer

Firefox Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mozilla (Mountain View, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

One first interview with an engineer. No technical questions asked as I mentioned a bugfix into Firefox for Android. With his positive feedback I got two other interviews. The first was more technical with javascript questions. The second one was more overall knowledge. They all gave me positive feedback but due to the large amount of candidates this year (and given the fact I applied late, in january), they finally rejected my application after 2 weeks without news.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite ES6 feature ?   1 Answer

Platform Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mozilla (Mountain View, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted approximately two weeks after applying online by a recruiter, who then scheduled me for a technical interview the following week. The whole process consisted of three technical interviews, and even though I did not pass the last round, I was assured by my recruiter that it was only three interviews.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me how you would implement a garbage collection algorithm.   Answer Question

Information Architect and Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mozilla (Mountain View, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

30 minute screening call by a 'recruiter' followed by a generic rejection email that didn't indicate that a conversation ever took place. So in essence, even if you talk to them, they'll never stick their necks out far enough to even acknowledge ever speaking with a candidate in the first place.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Mozilla (Mountain View, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was long and painful, hr was completely unhelpful and employees have no ability to help in the process so they don't bother trying. At first an employee asked me for my resume, then it took hr about 3 months to contact me, then I was invited to visit the office during a work week and spoke to a director in person, so asked me to email him about it. So I emailed him and never got a response, so I figured they didn't want me. A few months later I started a new job and a week after starting the job I got a call from hr again, so I told them that I wanted to get at least one project done at the new job before leaving them and starting a new job. They told me to contact them when I was ready again. So about 4 months later I did that and didn't hear back. After a year or so someone else at the company asked me for my resume, and then I waited another 3 months for a phone call from hr, then I did 3 phone calls over the span of a couple of weeks. After this I was flown down to Mountain View for 5 1:1 interviews. About 3 weeks later I found out that I got the job. The whole process was over 2 years long, and I spent the entire time contributing code and reviewing add-ons on AMO in my free time for 10-30hrs a week on top of my full time job.

Interview Questions

• What do I think is wrong with the projects that I would be working on, and how would I fix it.   Answer Question

Evangelist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mozilla (Mountain View, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process at Mozilla is refreshingly different. Instead of being asked a lot of technical details the interviewers did know what you do and instead ask you about what you can bring and what you want. Instead of just going through your CV I felt people really tried to understand you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple, I got an offer and it was good enough :)

Web Development Interm Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mozilla (Mountain View, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Three phone screens. Two with web developers, one with director of web development. A college recruiter helped set up all of my interviews after I talked to her at a barcamp and emailed a resume. My first interview went really well. I talked a lot about my projects, was asked a few simple questions about web development basics, and asked about their workflow. Mozilla has a very open and free culture and the people are very nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given a stack of papers and filled it out. Got to choose from a list of laptops. This is a good enough opportunity that I wouldn't bother to negotiate anything.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mozilla (Mountain View, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had three phone interviews, the interviewers were very nice to me and they seemed really interested in what I did, in what I said in my CV. It did not feel like it was a template interview.

Interview Questions

• Frequency of characters in a string.   2 Answers
    • How would I handle some problems with students if I were mentoring them.   1 Answer
    • How did I implement some of the stuff written in my CV.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mozilla (Mountain View, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews.....4 if I remember correctly. Each of them went extremely well and the interviewers were very cordial. Some of the engineers grilled me a bit technically, but I expected that. After doing well on all phone interviews I was flown to Mountain View for several face-to-face interviews with different team members. Some of the interviews were with folks who had already interviewed me over the phone, but I also had a few with individuals from other groups. All interviews seemed to go very well. I was asked several technical questions dealing with different scenarios. I did very well technically. The engineering team took me to lunch and it was pleasant. After lunch it seemed that they rushed me through the rest of the process and got me back on my way home quickly. I received an email a few days later informing me that everyone thought highly of my experience and technical skill level but ultimately did not believe I was a fit for the team. They told me that was all the information they could give me. I am guessing it was because I was too conservative and too old for them. I even emailed one of the engineers a few days later asking him to give me some feedback on the interview so that I could work on any weaknesses. He did not even respond to me......very strange.

Interview Questions

• Several scenario questions relating to BGP   1 Answer