Mozilla

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Firefox Engineering Intern Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Mozilla in February 2014.

Interview Details – One first interview with an engineer. No technical questions asked as I mentioned a bugfix into Firefox for Android.
With his positive feedback I got two other interviews. The first was more technical with javascript questions. The second one was more overall knowledge.
They all gave me positive feedback but due to the large amount of candidates this year (and given the fact I applied late, in january), they finally rejected my application after 2 weeks without news.

Interview Question – What's your favorite ES6 feature ?   View Answer

Platform Engineering Intern Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mozilla in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process for me took around 3 weeks from when I put my applicaiton in and when I finished my interview. I heard from them in two weeks and then had the interview a week following that. My interviewer was great. When I was stuck on a problem, he pointed me in the right direction. I heard back shortly therafter with their decision.

Interview Question – Find the maximum sum of a subsequence in the array.   View Answer

Evangelist Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mozilla in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process at Mozilla is refreshingly different. Instead of being asked a lot of technical details the interviewers did know what you do and instead ask you about what you can bring and what you want. Instead of just going through your CV I felt people really tried to understand you.

Interview Question – When would you not fix a bug?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple, I got an offer and it was good enough :)

Platform Engineering Intern Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mozilla in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted approximately two weeks after applying online by a recruiter, who then scheduled me for a technical interview the following week. The whole process consisted of three technical interviews, and even though I did not pass the last round, I was assured by my recruiter that it was only three interviews.

Interview Question – Please tell me how you would implement a garbage collection algorithm.   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mozilla in May 2008.

Interview Details – In for an interview, then follow up interview... Then Hired

Interview Question – What Calendar application would I use.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Graphic Designer, Mozilla Labs Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Mozilla in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of 4 rounds with different employees/department heads, some easier to converse with than others. Overall, I left with a fairly positive feeling. The report I received later, after the panel convened to discuss the day's interviews, was that some of the interviewers were concerned because I could not adequately explain—to their satisfaction at least—my creative process. That said, I don't think it would be possible to explain the creative process to an engineer to any level of their satisfaction.

Interview Question – Explain your creative process.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mozilla in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had three phone interviews, the interviewers were very nice to me and they seemed really interested in what I did, in what I said in my CV. It did not feel like it was a template interview.

Interview Questions

Information Architect and Designer Interview

Mountain View, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Mozilla in April 2012.

Interview Details – 30 minute screening call by a 'recruiter' followed by a generic rejection email that didn't indicate that a conversation ever took place. So in essence, even if you talk to them, they'll never stick their necks out far enough to even acknowledge ever speaking with a candidate in the first place.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work here   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mozilla in July 2011.

Interview Details – Overall, the interview process went very smoothly. 4 phone interviews, 7 45 minute on-site interviews, and 1 lunch interview. Every single person I talked to friendly and highly open to questions I had. My interview process is summarized below.

Upon initially submitting my resume to Mozilla Careers Website, I was contacted within a few days to setup an initial phone screening with the recruiter. This interview focused on no technical details, just questions about my interests in Software Quality Assurance. Next, the recruiter was interested in having me conduct a technical phone interview with one of the QA Engineers. This interview focused on questions on testing basics, manual testing vs. test automation, and some questions about my resume. I then had another phone interview with a QA manager, who targeted similar areas to the past interviewer along with asking a few software process questions. Then, I had a fourth phone interview with a QA Engineer who was a recent graduate of college. He focused on questions in open source community area. Next, I was flown out to Mountain View, CA with my flight, hotel, and transportation, and miscellaneous expenses covered. At this interview, I had 7 45 minute interviews and a lunch interview with some QA Engineers/Leads, QA Director, and a software development engineer. Questions in these interviews touched on a vast variety of topics, including quality assurance, my resume, technological knowledge, debugging, testing on desktop vs. mobile, etc. Upon finishing this on-site interview, I was contacted two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – What are the major parts of the xUnit architecture?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't have negotiate, as I thought the offer given was excellent.

Web Development Interm Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mozilla in October 2011.

Interview Details – Three phone screens. Two with web developers, one with director of web development. A college recruiter helped set up all of my interviews after I talked to her at a barcamp and emailed a resume. My first interview went really well. I talked a lot about my projects, was asked a few simple questions about web development basics, and asked about their workflow. Mozilla has a very open and free culture and the people are very nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was given a stack of papers and filled it out. Got to choose from a list of laptops. This is a good enough opportunity that I wouldn't bother to negotiate anything.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mozilla? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mozilla interview questions and advice in Mountain View, CA. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mozilla employees and interview candidates.