Mu Sigma

Average Difficulty
216 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mu Sigma in January 2014.

Interview Details – There were two phone interviews with a case interview in between. The case interview was like a take-home project which I had 24 hours to complete. The case interview was comprised of a few questions to be answered, and a video that I was to watch and then synthesize into three main points. After passing through to the official telephonic interview, HR provided me with three time slots throughout the next week to schedule the interview.

Interview Question – (answer I gave) In what situation would a company want to keep selling a product or service with low profit margins?   View Answer

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by phone and had two phone interviews over the course of two weeks. I was given an additional assignment to complete between each interview. Questions asked during each interview had some standard interview questions with some critical thinking questions.

Interview Question – One of the more difficult questions was during the second interview. I was asked how to manage a limited budget for marketing and how I would target specific groups of people.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview Details – I was given a point of contact, who asked me to create a powerpoint presentation on a business case and synthesize the information in a video. Following that I was interviewed thrice on the telephone and then had an in person interview. All the interviews were relaxed and had a lot of discussions, 2 interviews had a case question. The interviewers were very friendly and open.

Interview Question – They asked you to "Tell me more" after every case answer.   View Answer

Interviewed at Mu Sigma

Interview Details – Requires a test and an interview.

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview Details – Went to their info session where they gave us an overview of the company and answered our questions. There was a video synthesis test during the session where they showed us a 3-5 minute video and asked us to synthesize in bullet point what we got out from the video. At the end of the session there was a 20-question aptitude test on basic reasoning and calculations. They emailed me about the result 2-3 hours and told me that I was not selected for their interview on the next day.

Interview Question – Case based   Answer Question

Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mu Sigma in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview with Mu Sigma in Dec 2012. The interview was scheduled in my college campus. The process was simple, I applied on their job posting on the career services site and got an on capmus interview call.
I feel the interview scheduling could have easily been done without university enrollment by just dropping them a mail on their careers section. This is a good thing if you are a lateral or an experienced candidate.
The interview was almist 45 mins long. The interviewers were senior managers. The first question they asked even before I could settle down was to sell them a bottle of mineral water.
It was an interesting interview where they asked me some business case questions and some generic behavioral questions.
What really disappointed me was their unprofessional attitude after the interview where they did not get back to me after the interview and the coordinator did not even respond to my calls or emails.

Interview Question – while there was no difficult or unexpected question as such, I was surprised by the "sell this bottle to me" approach while interviewing for an analyst role.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Mu Sigma

Interview Details – 3rounds

Interview Question – give you a video and ask you summerise the video with 6 sentences.   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mu Sigma in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for this job through campus interview. They first gave us a brief introduction about their company with the help of presentation.
The process consisted 5 rounds :
1) Aptitude ( Very easy, 15 questions in 15 Minutes )
2) Video Synthesis ( 9 line description of shown video, easy )
3) Problem Solving ( Pseudo code is given, we have to give output and answers to a few questions, very easy)
4) Group Case Study ( A bit difficult )
5) Personal Interview

Interview Question – For me, group case study topic was a bit difficult, and I got out of the process because of that only...
The topic was..
'Imagine that you have to sell Merchandise of RC Bangalore team in a city other than Bangalore. Where would you sell ?'
We had to discuss the strategy for selling the merchandise, which was quite difficult for me, as I'm not a fan of cricket. :P
  Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mu Sigma in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1st round : Online test for 35 mins. Divided into four sections. Multiple choice questions. Aptitude for 3 sections. Computer programming - 4th section. Section wise cutt-off present, so one needs to answer questions from every section.
2nd round : Video synthesis. A movie clip is played for 5 mins. Need to 'synthesize' the video in crisp and clear sentences - in 10 mins.
3rd round : Case study. 20 mins.
4th round : Group discussion. Make sure you don't monopolize or dominate. Be clear and crisp. Agree/disagree/second/add to the conversation. If you couldn't speak due to lack of space for speaking - you would be asked to speak by the panel.
5th round : HR.

Very Difficult Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Mu Sigma in February 2010.

Interview Details – It was an excellent interview process, better than any other interview I have ever faced in any Analytics organization. They asked one and only one very difficult case study, and focused on the steps rather than the final solution itself. There were no silly questions like where are you from (no regional bias), and no personal questions. A simple honest, rational interview process. Mu Sigma has some gems like Gautam Ekollu in the middle management.

Interview Question – The one (and only) case study that was asked was extremely difficult one, it was a very difficult guessestimate question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is significant scope for negotiations in terms of salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mu Sigma

Worked for Mu Sigma? Contribute to the Community!

Mu Sigma Videos

Mu Sigma – Why Work for Us?

Analytics and data-driven decision making have been well recognized as a distinctive competitive advantage in a world of Big Data and increasing business complexity. Organizations are challenged with scaling the use of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mu Sigma Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 216 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mu Sigma employees and interview candidates.