Mu Sigma Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

3.2

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mu Sigma.

I interviewed at my university career center. It was a two part interview with the first part being analytical and the second part behavioral. They asked mostly about personality types and the type of role you would play on a team. I received an offer notice without the actual offer about 4 days later and attended a call conference. I received an actual offer three days after the conference and it told me that I had two days to sign it.

Interview Questions
    • There are four jars of coins that each have different weights per coin. One of the jars is not quite the weight listed. Find which jar has the incorrect weight by using the least amount of attempts at weighing the coins as possible   Answer Question

I couldn't accept the offer given the small amount of time they gave me.

Analyst Interview

Some people had aptitude test before the interview and some others had small case studies. Might be interviewed by someone fairly high up in the company and difficulty of interviews vary. Can apply through universities and find out quickly after the interview whether or not you get an offer. Not a long process.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mu Sigma in October 2014.

Introduce myself (something outside the resume) -why Mu Sigma-what do you know about the company- what do you think we do-case study:What kind of questions will Nordstrom ask Mu sigma.-education program introduction-question and answer-

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mu Sigma.

The interview was in 2 stages. The first one was more of an analytical round which involved more of puzzles and case studies. THe second round then was a stress interview by a senior executive. It was a nice experience and other than bagging the job, I came out of the room with more confidence and as a stronger person.

Interview Questions
    No scope for any negotiation

Trainee Decision Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mu Sigma in September 2014.

The whole process was just for the sake of it. Nothing technical at all was asked in the interview. Questions about personal life, family, girlfriends, etc. were alone asked. They have absolutely no criteria for selection of candidates and make random decisions. Their level is so low that even a class 10-12 student can crack the interview.

Interview Questions

The package is very low, with just Rs.10,000 of in hand salary per month, you will not be even able to have food everyday. Also, 14 hrs of workload everyday? Even a servant who washes dishes makes better income by working for lesser hours.

Junior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mu Sigma in September 2014.

Pre-interview activities include watching a video and synthesizing it, and then a math quiz. At the pre-interview event, they did a company presentation, and then broke the news that training would not be in Austin, Texas, but in Bangalore, India. At the interview, I was given two puzzles to solve, and then asked to talk about which statistical method I would use to help a company project sales. The interviewer was definitely looking for a specific answer for the puzzle, and seemed disappointed when I couldn't think of the answer (until I figured it out after the interview, as it goes). I was then interviewed by a second employee who asked me to go through pseudo code (I had no previous experience in this so it was a little difficult.) He seemed to be hypercritical of everything I said. Not much was asked about why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions
    • You have 4 jars A, B, C, and D, each with 100 coins. The coins in jar A weigh 1g, in B weigh 2g, 3g in jar C, and 4g in jar D. You have an electronic scale. One of the jars' coins are all off by 0.1g, how can you determine which jar in the least amount of steps?   View Answers (3)

Trainee Decision Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mu Sigma in September 2014.

Through college -2 days process- written round followed by a case study with pseudo coding-this was the second elimination round.. GD with video synthesis- combined was 3rd elimination round
    Personal interview- final round

Trainee Decision Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mu Sigma in August 2014.

first there was an aptitude test which was followed by a combined video synthesis,pseudo coding test. after clearing it students were give a real analytics problem in which we had to discuss the client problem and to find a solution known as group case study round.in the end there was PI.

Interview Questions
    • what is the most fascinating thing about mu-sigma   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mu Sigma in May 2014.

5 step process that lasted 2.5 months

-résumé submission at college career fair and conversation w/ representatives
    - first round phone call with recruiter
    - online test (math, reasoning, basic coding)
    - video synthesis
    - on-site interview (fit/résumé, brainteasers, case study); very relaxed and conversational

Interview Questions
    • you are given 4 glasses of your favourite drink. 1 of them contains poison, which you can taste. There is no other way to differentiate the 4 glasses (weight, density, volume etc. are all the same). How would you pick one to drink?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mu Sigma in May 2014.

I applied through my university career website and received an email within a week asking that I complete an online assessment that was pretty difficult given that I had no time to prepare for it and that I was allotted 35 min. to complete it. Next, was a face-to-face interview in which the interviewer, an employee presented a case study and posed hypothetical situations and asked what I would do. Given that I have no business background, I answered to the best of my ability, but it appears that she was looking for really really specific responses to her questions, and I did not give them to her.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the Mayor of Chicago and the next Olympic games were to he held here, what factors would you consider in preparing for the event?   Answer Question