Mu Sigma

Average Difficulty
400 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mu Sigma in January 2014.

Interview Details – There were two phone interviews with a case interview in between. The case interview was like a take-home project which I had 24 hours to complete. The case interview was comprised of a few questions to be answered, and a video that I was to watch and then synthesize into three main points. After passing through to the official telephonic interview, HR provided me with three time slots throughout the next week to schedule the interview.

Interview Question – (answer I gave) In what situation would a company want to keep selling a product or service with low profit margins?   View Answer

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview Details – I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted in a matter of weeks. I had a short phone interview with a hiring manager. I'm sure that the interviewer calls a lot of people, but I got a great feeling that they really didn't care what I had to say and were just reading questions off of a list.

After the phone interiview I was invited to take an online assessment which asked web marketing data analysis questions.

I got a follow up response from Mu Sigma, but decided not to continue the application process.

Interview Question – Canned questions like "where do you see yourself in 5 years" always seem useless to me. Have a good answer for questions like these as it's likely most will ask.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by phone and had two phone interviews over the course of two weeks. I was given an additional assignment to complete between each interview. Questions asked during each interview had some standard interview questions with some critical thinking questions.

Interview Question – One of the more difficult questions was during the second interview. I was asked how to manage a limited budget for marketing and how I would target specific groups of people.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview Details – Applied online through the university. Took about a week to hear back from them. Interview consisted of behavioral questions, a puzzle test and 2 other tests similar to the GRE and LSAT. Took a couple of days to hear back from them.

Interview Question – The two tests were unexpected and difficult to answer in the amount of time given.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult to communicate, but all questions answered.

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview Details – Job posted on school career site for on-campus recruiting. Initial screening of resumes was followed by on-campus info session talking about what the company did and touting its successes. Interview was a week later--30 min behavioral session followed by two tests (not one), one of which was computer code and the other of which was a combination of the annoying math problems (i.e. 2 trains at different speeds), ratio/percentage questions based on a table of information, and logical reasoning questions that they took straight off of the LSAT.

Only had one interview, got an offer about 10 days later--everything was communicated over email.

Interview Question – Quizzes were hard. I go to a top 25 school and their "aptitude test" was probably one of the hardest tests I've taken in the last four years.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They can't tell you where you will be stationed until after training. They give you 2 weeks of per diem allowance to figure out housing and the logistics associated with the new city you're moving to, but I was not excited about not having any knowledge (and only minimal levels of input) in where I was going.

West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mu Sigma in March 2013.

Interview Details – Info Session (with written test: aptitude, logical reasoning, etc.) followed by next day interviews.

Interview Question – Drawing inferences from a movie clip as concisely as possible.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mu Sigma in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through College Career Services and got selected for interview within 2 weeks. The interview was for an hour. First 30 mins they asked questions like who are you, why you have interest in technology and why Analyst. Then they asked what I am aware about Mu Sigma and why I want to work there. After the discussion, they asked few mathematical logical questions, database queries - In operator, Joins, Normalization. Then a mini-gre test was given to be solved in 20 mins. The interview was overall okay and the interviewers were very unprofessional.

Interview Question – I did not expect the paper test to be all gre questions   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview Details – They came to my college in Chicago. Submitted a logical-matematical test and on the basis of that would proceed to an actual interview.

Interview Question – They expected us to answer all the 30 maths question in about 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview Details – I was given a point of contact, who asked me to create a powerpoint presentation on a business case and synthesize the information in a video. Following that I was interviewed thrice on the telephone and then had an in person interview. All the interviews were relaxed and had a lot of discussions, 2 interviews had a case question. The interviewers were very friendly and open.

Interview Question – They asked you to "Tell me more" after every case answer.   View Answer

Interviewed at Mu Sigma

Interview Details – Requires a test and an interview.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mu Sigma