I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Mu Sigma in October 2012.
Interview Details – 2 phone screening rounds followed by a daylong interview process
Interview Question – Case Study : Factors that cause customer churn in a telecom company. Ho churn affects revenue. Answer Question
Reason for Declining – Salary below market rate
I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Mu Sigma in September 2012.
Interview Details –
1. Initial screening done by HR. Beware HR has no clue of what they are doing. The process is not clear to anyone
2. Then they give you a case study to return in 48 hours. Average difficulty especially if you are from a consulting background. Make sure you cover all angles in your case study
3. Then had an interview with someone at Director / VP level. They went over my profile, checked analytical skills, thinking, etc. Again average difficulty.
There was then a huge wait for the next round. Took almost a month in my case. Never any clarity or communication of whats going on. I then had to travel to Bengaluru. There were around 20-25 folks all applying for different levels. Again surely this can't be sensible process !!
The face to face interview was as follows - (Entire process takes 6-8 hours on a day)
1. Starts with a video synthesis test. You are given a video clip to watch and you are expected to synthesize it. (describe key takeaway)
2. Then you are required to write a psuedo-code / algorithm for a program. Again more to test your logical and thinking than the syntax
3. You then have a group activitiy. You will have to work in a group and come up with a presentation for a given problem. You have 45 minutes as a group to think and 15 minutes for presentation. Groups of 3 usually
4. You then have what I felt was the crappiest round of them all called "creativity test". You are given a wierd sentence like "Dirty water polluted the river" and you are expected to think creatively and come up with a story and enact / narrate it.
5. Finally you have a face to face interview which again goes over most of what you have done in earlier rounds like case study, resume walkthorugh, etc
After spending a day, you will be told if you are in or out but no salary details will be provided. Salary details will come a day or 2 later and will be a shocker when they arrive !!
Reason for Declining –
Salary way below market rate !!
In general I felt its a proper Lalaji company. They want folks to work 13-14 hours day, think creatively, be technical, manage a team, etc. And guess what salary will be 30-40% below what all other companies pay. It might be a good place to learn more about analytics. Good for freshers but I think they have to take a good look at their salary structure if they are to compete in the market place for laterals
Finally have to say that even by Indian IT standards, HR folks were pathetic to put it mildly. No clue of what they are saying or doing
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mu Sigma in February 2012.
Interview Details –
Got an initial call from a HR executive in the Company. She had asked me about my work experience and the compensation I expected. I did not answer her questions on compensation directly. I told her that I will be ready to join - if Mu sigma offers me the salary what is defined by the Industry for a profile like mine. After this she scheduled a call with VP - Delivery. In the interview he asked about my professional failures and Sucesses. In the end he also asked me about my expectation on compensation. My answer to him was the same as what I told the HR Executive earlier. After this I got a call from VP - Talent Management. The VP told me that Mu Sigma generally pays lesser than its competitors/industry. He also told me that I should join Mu Sigma with long term vision in terms of growth, role and responsibility. He concluded the call saying that he wanted a commitment from me in terms of a lower Compensation. Once he gets a commitment from me he will be able to process the next steps.
I have not heard from them after that.
First hand Perceptions - Tough negotiators in terms of Compensation, are looking for high potential talent and want long timers. Work culture seems to be flexible as per my conversations.
Mu Sigma is a leading provider of decision sciences and analytics solutions, helping companies institutionalize data-driven decision making We work with market-leading companies across multiple verticals, solving… — Full Overview
Provided by employer [?]
This is the employer's chance to tell you why you should work for them. The information provided is from their perspective.
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
The difficulty rating is the average interview difficulty rating across all interview candidates.
The interview experience is the percentage of all interview candidates that said their interview experience was positive, neutral, or negative.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a recent interview experience or current/former employer. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –