Mubadala

Mubadala Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mubadala.

I was interviewed once, face to face interview. The interviewer was frequently asking the same questions and sometimes out of point. Didnt feel comfortable during the interview, there was so much confusion and it seemed like he/she wasnt so sure of what exactly they were asking. It took about an hour.

Internal Audit Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mubadala in April 2012.

Seems to bea very thorough hiring process. I'm still interviewing with them. It took initial HR email communication, then IQ/Numeric aptitude test, followed by a phone interview 2 months later. Shape test was actually pretty tough in terms of time allocated for your answers. I could not finish it in allocated time. The boss who interviewed me next was very professional and on the ball. Asked several situational questions pertinent to the job. Overall seems to be a good company.

Interview Questions
    • Your team is successfully half-way through a difficult engagement, when 2 of the key team members are taken away. What is your course of action?   View Answer

Head of Operations Audit At Mubadala Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mubadala in October 2011.

Had a first interview with an agency based in Singapore (in July 2011)
    The interview process was thorough, they obviously filtered effectively candidates.
    Agent had a face to face debrief with Head of Audit - following this I was further interviewed by the agent (probably clarifying some queries Head of Audit had) - this occurred in late September 2011).
    Following that interview my details were submitted to the Head of Internal Audit. He decided to move forward with me and I got the news back early October 2011.
    I had to undertake the online psychometric selection test in mid-October 2011. I was told that I was successful and an interview with the Head of Internal Audit was scheduled end of October 2011.
    Interview went well (according to me) and covered mostly key situations, past experiences relevant to the role.
    Following that interview never heard anything back.
    Feedback from agent was minimal to none.
    Couple of months later I was contacted by another agency because my profile was perfect for a role they were recruiting for: this exact same job. That was in July 2012. The job was still open and back to square 1, one year later.
    Reading previous comments in Glassdoor from another candidate who applied for this role in October 2010 I was not surprised any more by my experience. You definitely need to question whether the boss and/or the HR process is flawed.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you have an extremely important report to deliver to the Audit Committee in 3 days but your team lead on this assignment is home sick?   View Answer

Head of Operations Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Mubadala in October 2010.

Very long, drawn out process.
    Like another poster here, it started with HR interview by phone - asking me to talk through my CV.
    Followed up by phone interview 5 weeks later with Government Audit body HR guy - asking my motivations for moving to the region.
    No opportunity to speak to the guy who would be boss - took a further 4 weeks for interview with him to be arranged (admittedl Eid fell in between).
    Also had to complete a "what comes next in the sequence" shapes test and a basic numeric test sent to me online.
    Interview with the boss good - gave lots of info on the role and the objectives behind building this team.
    Final stage was to be flown out for face to face interviews (2 days) - this took a further 5 weeks to arrange:
    Day 1 - HR consultant (external company) put me through a range of case studies, numeric, verbal and spatial tests, business plan, strategy review of diffrent scenarios
    Day 2 - 7
    Interviews with HR, the boss, Heads of busines units, Group CFO - all good fodder to understand the business and ask their views of Internal Audit.

Was offered job within a week of returning but 3 weeks later the offer was withdrawn - in between they have done a U-turn and not explained why.

HR seem to be very hand-in-glove with management - but it doesn't seem that the hiring boss made himself available - and issues which could have quickly been solved were lost in translation between several people. There are many many ex-pats working in Mubadala - don't be taken in by the "pace in the Middle East" - the sheikhs have to sign off a job offer but the hiring process itself is down to very remote hiring boss.

Overall the process felt thorough - at times I didn't get why they were putting me through certain hoops when I hadn't had the chance to ask about the role - so you have to be hugely prepared from your own side without them giving much away.

I was probably misled - and the fact the team have not reached even 10% of forecast numbers some 2 years on you have to question whether the boss and/or the HR process is flawed.

Interview Questions
    • What are the key risks our company faces?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mubadala in July 2010.

general question about the IT industry and financial analysis

Economics Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mubadala in February 2010.

I had a good experience during the selection process. The first round was 2 phone competency based interviews with HR and with the boss of the department. It was followed by a second round of 1 afternoon interview with 4 different people.

Finance and Administration Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mubadala in December 2009.

Multiple phone interviews with various staff prior to a potential local interview. HR interview sounded like scripted.
    Final interview that I had (phone based) was not pleasant, felt the other party was being very careful about answers to my simple questions. The phrase "world class" seems to be the buzz word.

Interview Questions
    • Reasons for leaving one particular previous job.   View Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mubadala in November 2009.

Long and detailed process, but great company

Interview Questions

The role was not right to make such a move, not enough compensation.

IT Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mubadala in September 2009.

Video conf call with hiring manager and his line manager

Interview Questions
    offer take or leave start immediately

Internal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mubadala in June 2009.

I applied to MDC through a former colleague who was looking for an internal consultant to assist the group. From statement of initial interest, to the actual interview took 2 months. We discussed the position and timing a few times over the phone during this time. The 2 months was partially due to our differing schedules, and internal administration.
    The actual interview spanned 5 hours, where I met with approximately 11 people. The interviews ranged in time from 30 to 60 minutes, and I met with between 1 and 3 people per interview - the interviews were personality, technical knowledge and 1 case interview.
    Questions ranged from asking about my background, the industry I would be covering, how I would deal with internal and external challenges (within the industry, due to cultural differences, differences in educational backgrounds, etc).
    The work/office is similar to that of many Middle Eastern offices, very diverse in terms of personalities and backgrounds.
    I am still technically in process of the interview at the moment - I should hear more about a potential start date later in the year. The long delay is largely due to the current economic environment.

Interview Questions
    • Our company wishes to be a Tier 1 supplier to a leading European manufacturer in 3 years, how can we do this?   View Answer
    • How will you encourage youth to enter the field? How will you overcome obstinate personalities? What will you try if this doesn't work?   Answer Question