Mueller Industries

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mueller Industries

Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mueller Industries in April 2013.

Recruited at campus fair. Was flown out to their office in Tennessee. Started off with a mixer with upper management. Interviews started the next day in the morning. Went through 5 30-minute interviews with managers from different departments. Was mostly asked situational and behavioral questions. One asked about my future plans in my personal life (I think he wanted to know if I'd continue working if I got married). It was definitely one of those old boy organizations. There were hardly any women expect in sales. Most of the people were okay and friendly but one of the managers seemed to have a prejudice against women.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? By that I mean personally.   Answer Question

Trainee At Their Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mueller Industries in February 2012.

So the Director of Marketing, the one who created the trainee program is the one who did the interview. Others were lucky to interview in a different room with "Professional" Interviewees. This Director is the most awful interviewer I've ever had. He looked uninterested/tired/yawning. He just sat there doing nothing just looking at my resume and not even asking me any questions. I ended up being the one asking questions I even had to ask him if I should tell him about myself (yes he never even asked that most simple beginning interview question). I felt pathetic after I left there. It feels like anyone who interviewed with HIM most likely DID NOT get the job. Because there was nothing to show him since he didn't bother asking any questions.

Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mueller Industries in February 2012.

Question and Answer process and typical interview questions.