Mueller Services

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

1.9

Field Inspector Interview

Several phone interviews. Most questions during the second phone interview were repeats from the first. Computer knowledge, own a smart phone, able and willing to climb ladder, hours you want to work and are available. It's clear this is an entry-level position by the questions asked.

May have to travel for training.

Interview Questions
    • none, relatively easy process. waiting to hear if I am offered a job.   Answer Question

Field Representative/Home Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mueller Services in May 2014.

Hiring and interview process was fairly easy. I was motivated by the internet ad stating $12-$15/hour compensation which turned out to be a lie. They hired me for only $9.00/hour, then raised it to $10 after a lot of complaints from me. Also the "mileage reimbursement" was a fraud; they never paid me 40 cents/mile...it was only some kind of an adjustment on the paycheck deductions. After a while I suffered "job burnout" from being lied to for six months.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions; they seem eager to hire new people all the time.   Answer Question
    I was told $12/hour after the $10/hour training period and it turned out to be a meager $9/hour with NO mileage reimbursement (pathetic).

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Mueller Services in April 2014.

They asked general questions about my experience and past projects. I asked questions about the position and the environment and network. The position was open because current one was retiring.

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mueller Services.

Applied online. Called by Mueller for phone interview. Easy interview. They are after self-starters with good work records. They needed people so the process wasn't too involved. If your resume is solid with work experience (of any kind) and you seem like a go-getter they will probably pass you through to training.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty easy compared to others. I don't remember any difficult questions. They may have asked me why I wanted to work for them.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Mueller Services in August 2013.

Craigslist ad, respond, they ask for resume you send. They call u and ask the stupidest questions. They dont want you working any other jobs, so you must say that your quitting the other job. Finally, a manager calls you and asks you questions to see if you will be a good fit. A good fit is that you will obey there ecery needs.

Interview Questions
    • Will you quit your other job before you start working for us?   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mueller Services in June 2013.

Found position through Craiglist. Went through online hiring process and called within two days. Hired within three days through online interview. Did the paperwork through uploading documentsa and assigned training with the week.

Quality Assurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mueller Services in May 2013.

Phone interview first. Basically to make sure you can speak English/Spanish and to see if you're articulate enough to read important documents. Use proper English. In person interview is scheduled very soon after. Show up on time, dress business casual for the interview. Be friendly. Be willing to learn, because they are really into training. Tell them you can work independently and you're most comfortable working alone. If the first interviewer likes you, they will bring in 3 or 4 more managers to "meet" you. If you get this far, you probably have the job. Be prepared for a typing test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mueller Services in May 2013.

pointless phone interviews

Insurance Inspector Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mueller Services in March 2013.

Phone interview asking about your customer service skills. I was offered the job after the phone interview. You are required to complete a three week virtual training program. If you don't pass you will not be able to work. You get paid for the training. You have to attend on line webinars. I t was informative. Presenter will ask you questions regarding the topic. If you do not score above 80% on the test you fail and will have to take it again. Fail again then you will not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • You have to complete the training is exactly three weeks. The training can be detailed.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biddeford, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biddeford, ME

I applied online – interviewed at Mueller Services in October 2012.

hiring was easy and was hired on 2nd call