Mueller Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

1.9

Field Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mueller Services.

Applied on line and was then contacted via email to set up the 1st interview. I called in and spoke to a representative to schedule an interview but she actually did it on the spot. This interview lasted around 10 minutes and wasn't hard at all. They really want to know if you are currently working and if you have the intentions of quitting that job. Even though I applied for part-time they wanted a full commitment. For $12 an hour, they are out of their minds! They also want to know your availability that will pull you away from their company. (Weddings, doctor's appt's, vacations, etc). I made the mistake of saying I had a weekend conference & they asked everything about it except what I was wearing to it. Bottom line, they want to know how much time if any you will not be available for them. If they want that much of your time, you'd think they would up the ante in pay? After the interegation, I was told I'd get an email for the next step which was a webinar. Step 2 in the interview process you have to call & log into a webinars where they show a powerpoint presentation about what you will do as a Field Service Rep. After this is over, you are given a number to set up an interview with Manager that is in your territory. Why they can't cut through the chase & let the manager do all of this is beyond me? I called & scheduled set up an interview time w/ a manager which was in 2 days. As I was waiting, a friend of mine that works as a contractor for insurance claims told me to steer clear of Mueller because they had a bad rep for not taking care of their people. She told me to check out the reviews on Mueller on the glassdoor.com and boy am I glad I did!!! After reading "5" pages of NEGATIVE reviews, it was a no-brainer that I DID NOT want to work for this company. One of the most important things that stuck out to me in a litany of negative reviews is this: Although you may commit to working your own hours, you day WILL NOT END until you complete numerous reports for them. Oh, and by the way...you won't get paid for it! One of the managers called me & I politely declined to proceed any further w/ the interview or the company. What's funny is the next day, Mueller emails me to say "they" decided I didn't meet their requirements and declined my interview. LOL, idiots! I decided not to continue with YOU! Word to the wise, DO SOME RESEARCH on any company you apply with or talk with someone in that organization who is unbiased. I thank God for the glassdoor.com, saved me future frustration.

Interview Questions
    • Even though this is a part time position, can you dedicate to full time and how many hours a day can you commit?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mueller Services in February 2015.

Initial phone interview to make sure you meet company requirements for the position. Second interview with a field manager to talk about the position in more detail and make sure you are ok with it.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mueller Services in February 2015.

2 interviews by phone, one by web questionnaire. Each about 30 minutes. Much designed to provide the recruiter with a sense of the applicant's experience and ability to function independently. Pay scale was very vague.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work independently, without supervision?   View Answer

Field Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mueller Services in December 2014.

It is clear that they have high turnover as they have a assembly line recruiting, interviewing and training process which is very efficient. These folks are all business. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy or a lot of adaptation to your individual needs, this is not the place.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if you confronted by an angry person at a home your are surveying?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. You will be paid during training. Your pay will be based on your efficiency and quality when you go out into the field. It's clear that if you meet their well defined parameters, you can take advantage of the benefits of a varied, flexible schedule, outdoor work and autonomy. If you can't meet their parameters, they just move on. If you can't see yourself walking onto a property in the inner city, unannounced in ANY weather, don't bother to apply.

Insurance Inspector Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mueller Services in October 2014.

There is a phone interview, by a very rude representative asking very generic questions.
    The second call is to the local/regional manager who asks more generic questions. Everything is very rushed, The questions are read from a script and you have to wait while they type in the answers...very ackward.

Interview Questions
    • None, because of my experience, I was hired on the spot.   Answer Question
    There aren't any, the pay is posted in the ad.

Field Inspector Interview

Several phone interviews. Most questions during the second phone interview were repeats from the first. Computer knowledge, own a smart phone, able and willing to climb ladder, hours you want to work and are available. It's clear this is an entry-level position by the questions asked.

May have to travel for training.

Interview Questions
    • none, relatively easy process. waiting to hear if I am offered a job.   Answer Question

Field Representative/Home Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mueller Services in May 2014.

Hiring and interview process was fairly easy. I was motivated by the internet ad stating $12-$15/hour compensation which turned out to be a lie. They hired me for only $9.00/hour, then raised it to $10 after a lot of complaints from me. Also the "mileage reimbursement" was a fraud; they never paid me 40 cents/mile...it was only some kind of an adjustment on the paycheck deductions. After a while I suffered "job burnout" from being lied to for six months.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions; they seem eager to hire new people all the time.   Answer Question
    I was told $12/hour after the $10/hour training period and it turned out to be a meager $9/hour with NO mileage reimbursement (pathetic).

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Mueller Services in April 2014.

They asked general questions about my experience and past projects. I asked questions about the position and the environment and network. The position was open because current one was retiring.

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mueller Services.

Applied online. Called by Mueller for phone interview. Easy interview. They are after self-starters with good work records. They needed people so the process wasn't too involved. If your resume is solid with work experience (of any kind) and you seem like a go-getter they will probably pass you through to training.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty easy compared to others. I don't remember any difficult questions. They may have asked me why I wanted to work for them.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Mueller Services in August 2013.

Craigslist ad, respond, they ask for resume you send. They call u and ask the stupidest questions. They dont want you working any other jobs, so you must say that your quitting the other job. Finally, a manager calls you and asks you questions to see if you will be a good fit. A good fit is that you will obey there ecery needs.

Interview Questions
    • Will you quit your other job before you start working for us?   View Answer
    No negotiations.