MuleSoft Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.9

Account Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

Reached out to recruiter and was contacted by another recruiter to set up a call with the hiring manager. Initial call was pleasant and just touched on my history. Next set up three Skype calls with various members of the team. The product is fantastic, and while the sales process is fairly technical, it's made out to be far more complex than it actually is.

Most tech companies in this space hire the best of the best, but it's hard to be appealing when you are coming off arrogant and elitist throughout. This isn't Google or Salesforce.

Receptionist Interview

Interview

The interview was very impersonal and the questions asked were not coherent or relevant to what the resume presents. The recruiter does not respond to your answers, so it was very hard to carry out any natural conversation with him. Too bad they hired someone graduated from a staff company that deals with quantity rather than quality, and this is the first impression that MuleSoft leaves to those who have interest in their company.

Account Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

There were multiple rounds with cross functional interviewers. First round consists of peers and a hiring manager, which is then followed by an exercise. The final round consists of Directors and at least one VP. Everyone is pleasant, but each interview builds on the last as they dig into your resume.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MuleSoft (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Reached out by a recruiter. They asked to rescheduled because they missed our time, completed the phone screen and never heard back one way or the other. Somewhat unprofessional.

Solutions Architect Interview Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn for the position from the internal recruiter. After expressing interest via e-mail, I was passed to HR to make sure I can work in US, I speak English... all that HR stuff. The next round was a skype interview with the hiring manager.

I'm relatively senior in my current employment and I manage a team. I find the hiring manager very bright but lack experience making the distinction between activity and productivity. Working very long hours was important to him and while work is important to me, I am not willing to average 60-70 hours per week.

Sounds like an interesting company with a well-positioned product, just not for me.

Director of Global Support Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MuleSoft in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position of Director of Global Support with MuleSoft, for which I have all the experience and qualifications. I also approached the hiring manager through linkedin. Eventually I had an interview setup with one of their recruiting managers. Having been in the market for a while I am used to odd behavior during interviews, but this one was really a doozy. The person seemed totally disinterested, so much so that they hardly bothered to ask any questions at all ("I am here to make sure you have all the information you need, ask me any question you have"). They claimed to do "cultural screening" so that they gets to work with people they like, which, according to this interview, does not require any actual skill or relevant experience. The person promised feedback within two or three days, a month later there's still no response from them. If this is a reflection of the company's culture and ability to get anything done, then I am glad to not be working there.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter who appeared friendly and pleasant via email. After accommodating his request to block out 30 minutes to discuss the role, I was shocked at how unprofessional my overall experience was with this person. He didn't take the time to read my resume, and only realized during our interview that I didn't have recent tech experience. His demeanor completely changed and he became so condescending and arrogant that I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He basically refused to give me any information about the role and abruptly ended the conversation after 9 minutes. I, too, specialize in Talent Acquisition and have spoken to many candidates - some great and not so great. I have never treated a candidate the way I was treated by this recruiter. I also have never been treated by recruiters so poorly, even for positions I didn't get offered. After looking up this recruiter's background, I saw that the only experience prior to going in-house was predominantly at staffing agencies. He applied the same interview tactics that recruiters from similar boiler room backgrounds utilize, which is void of finesse and sophistication. If I were the executive team at Mulesoft, I would be concerned about this person being the first point of contact for external applicants because my experience left me with such a poor impression that it makes me question the overall professionalism of the organization's HR Department.

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MuleSoft (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR recruiter via my LinkedIn profile. I had never applied to Mulesoft. I was invited for a brief chat. So I agreed. The HR recruiter who contacted me, passed me on to talk to another HR interviewer. I was asked the standard questions about " What do you know about Mulesoft" , " Have you downloaded the product" etc. The phone interview ended with her asking me about my compensation, my willingness to travel. At that point I was told that I will be passed on to talk to the hiring manager.

The phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled for Friday afternoon, but due to his work commitment we ended up having the interview at 8 pm local time. The hiring manager asked similar questions as the HR recruiter, asked me "Why should I hire you" ? Ended up with asking my compensation package and willingness to travel. He remarked "you are doing good with your salary", at which point I answered , "I have been fortunate". He said he will pass me on to the senior architect in the team for detailed interview. He added that the next interview will be a tough one.

Next Monday I got an email from the another HR recruiter that he just caught up with the team and they have extended an offer that was accepted to another candidate so we need to halt the interview process for this role. He said that I do have a solid background so he hoped he can reach back out to me down the road when they open up headcount for that team again.

I didn't understand the point of interviewing me, if they had made an offer to another candidate. Also I never applied for the position, I was contacted looking at my LinkedIn profile.

Account Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MuleSoft in February 2015.

Interview

First had a behavioral interview with a recruiter, then a more detailed one with an account development manager. I would recommend having a good idea of their product's value proposition (IE read the case studies). I got moved on to the next round and had 3 phone interviews set up. I had another mostly behavioral interview with an ADR, and then had another interview with the same account development manager the same day. At this time they asked me to do a mock sales call, which I flubbed pretty badly. At this point, I was cut from the process.

I would not recommend entering this process as a new grad. Though they certainly sound interested, MuleSoft seems to put most of its efforts into hiring folks with a few years of sales experience. They expect you to be able to sell the product from the get go, which is unreasonable to expect from entry-level graduates with little to no work experience. Unless you have plenty of sales experience already, I would not apply. The time you spend completing 5+ first round interviews and wrapping your head around a technical product could be better spent applying to other jobs.

Interview Questions

• Give me a call in 5 minutes with the intent to sell our product. I'll pretend to be the CIO of [blank] company.   Answer Question

Pre Sale Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at MuleSoft in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted company through online job posting. About two weeks later I received my first email through their jobvite recruiters. Then another 10 days later from another internal recruiter.I finally was able to speak to a recruiter who thought I would be perfect for the position. Then 2 more weeks before another contact, etc, etc. In no time did they ever keep in contact or provide a phone number. In fact they avoided it - which is weird. Interviews all went very well - each giving my the thumbs up. Then it went silent again. I can't tell if this company is real, immature or just odd. To date I have not been given an offer nor denied an offer - just silent.