MuleSoft

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Full Stack Dev Interview

Full Stack Dev

I applied online - interviewed at MuleSoft in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was more at satisfying the interviewers ego than actual stuff. Though interveiw went well, no feedback from the team. Post interview, I wasnt keen and hence didnt follow up.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview Details – I've done many interviews and have to say I was very impressed by the speed and thoroughness of MuleSoft's process.

I applied through Indeed and was promptly contacted by a Recruiter to set up a phone interview later that week. The phone interview was 30-minutes and the recruiter was very helpful and personable. I wasn't too familiar with MuleSoft before but she did a good job in piquing my interest. Questions were fairly standard and experience-based. What I really appreciated was that she told me exactly what she felt I was lacking near the end of the interview. This gave me a chance to make up for it and I was also able to better prepare for it during the onsite interview. The next day, she gave me call and email inviting me to come onsite for first round interviews. This consisted of meeting with 3 members of the team for 45-60 minutes each, which was scheduled for me within a couple of days.

Coming onsite for 3 hours for a first round was pretty daunting. Nonetheless, when I met my recruiter, she was very supportive and gave me good vibes. She gave me a tour of the office which was beautiful and offered me some snacks from the kitchen (fully stocked!! beef jerky!!) which I politely declined. Nonetheless, she later brought me a cup of snacks to my interview room. (I was touched)

First interview was an hour long with the hiring manager. This was definitely the most difficult one and I was pretty nervous throughout. She asked a few unexpected questions - the hardest being "what can I learn from you?" Nonetheless, seeing that the interviews are so lengthy - it gives them a lot of time to get to know you- nerves aside.

Second interview was 45 minutes and went really well. The interviewer was a relaxed guy who was easy to talk to. He asked good questions that showed that he read through my resume closely which I appreciated. My third interview was with someone actually in the position I would be taking on. She was very upfront about her experiences in the role - including its challenges and limitations. I was a little surprised but impressed by her candidness as well as the candidness of the entire process. Another thing I really liked was how each interviewer spoke highly of each other in a way that you knew that they were all good friends.

Soon after, they had me interview via Skype with another team member "so that I could meet everyone on the team" and received an offer soon after.

Overall, great experience and fastest I've ever been through. Well-thought out process/ questions and well-executed. Their hiring process definitely reflects the culture and quality of employees which is a big reason why I decided to join.

Interview Question – What can I learn from you?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MuleSoft in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard back from the company in about one week. The interviewer who were supposed to talk to me on the phone had an emergency. Another interviewer called instead. For this particular position, she only asked three questions: 1) what is your achievement in your college? 2) what is your achievement in your graduate school? 3) what is your achievement in your current workplace. And then "do you have any questions for me?" Speechless.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Just feel that the interviewer was not a professional recruiter.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview Details – Applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by the recruiter. Subsequently transferred to the recruiter's manager. She was articulate and was knowledgeable about product management function. I felt that was a peek into the quality of the people working at MuleSoft.

This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was nice to talk on the phone and asked general background related questions. They had two different openings that I could fit into. My in-person interview was scheduled for 3 weeks later at the MuleSoft offices.

The office is a pretty open layout and in a great location. The interview was conducted by four other PMs- nice, personable people. The questions were easy - probably because the other PMs were early in their careers. During the interview, I found out that the position I was being interviewed for was already filled and they were looking to see if I would fit the other position. Would have been nice if they had asked me first if I was still interested. The final person to interview was the exec - again nice to talk to.

Overall, the interview process was easy and the folks that I interacted with were pleasant and nice to interact with. However, after this point there was ZERO communication. I mailed the recruiter and the hiring manager and neither of them bothered to return my call/email.

Mulesoft recruiting team needs to understand that other people's time is valuable too. I had to skip an entire day of meetings and work to be in the city to attend this interview, the least they could have done was to return call/email stating they were not interested. This is unprofessional, IMHO.

Interview Question – None. Standard product management questions.   Answer Question

Soa Integration Specialist Interview

Soa Integration Specialist
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at MuleSoft in July 2011.

Interview Details – Always start with phone interviews. Then going through at least 2 rounds of phone or in-person interviews before moving onto reference check phase. Interviews centered around concrete examples of past accomplishment and must be able to justify career trajectory. Usually only in-person at the very last round. CEO interviews every candidate that makes it through all other interviewers!

Interview Question – Walk me through your professional accomplishments.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Competitive package upfront then "take it or leave it".

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MuleSoft in March 2014.

Interview Details – Result: HR informed me they would no longer be pursuing candidates for PM roles, but instead focusing on mission-critical positions.

Referred by employee, had a single phone screen before visiting the HQ. Met with three or four people on-site, then had a follow-up call with an individual I did not get to meet.

Company: I think Mulesoft has an amazing product offering and could be a gigantic company ($100B+ market cap).

Execs: I met with one exec and he was great. Lucid thinker, driven, articulate.

Middle management (product): Uninspiring. I wasn't impressed by their dynamic, questions, or position on the company.

Devs: I met with a dev manager and he was great. Smart, friendly, tech agnostic.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. One interviewer went on a question spree, but none were particularly interesting.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview Details – Three weeks two F2F

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Interview

Interview Question – What are your top 5 strenghts?   Answer Question

Director of Sales Operations Interview

Director of Sales Operations
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MuleSoft in March 2013.

Interview Details – They immediately communicated the key qualities that they were seeking without beating around the bush (this was greatly appreciated as many companies unnecessarily drag it out). The hiring manager was professional and asked excellent questions, she clearly stated the responsibilities and even went so far as to explain why she was requiring specific types of experience.

Interview Question – None, it was exactly as expected. I unfortunately did not meet the desired qualifications, fortunately this became obvious half way through the interview and the hiring manager explained why I was not a good fit.   Answer Question

Sales Enablement Interview

Sales Enablement
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview Details – Well orchestrated and executed

Interview Question – Questions about current employer's compensation model for sales.   View Answer

Worked for MuleSoft? Contribute to the Community!