Mullen Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.6

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was contacted my a recruiter. I was brought in for a full day of interviews. They were really great. The interviews were very conversational. They asked me about my specific skills, my previous work experience, and how my previous work experience would tie in to the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the advanced analytics you did at your previous job.   Answer Question

Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied through their website, and was contacted by HR a few weeks later. There was no phone screen, and I was brought in to meet with 6 people at Mullen during one, 3-hour interview period. The listing mentioned wanting an integrated planner, but the team was only concerned with folks who have worked directly on broadcast. Because my experience leans less traditional and more digital, they seemed disinterested. I was able to see and hear interviewing team members talk about me after leaving the room, so I knew they were disinterested (but also, unprofessional). Their strategy team is going through a lot of changes right now, and because they have so many strategy roles open, almost every member had to ask me which one I was applying for. HR didn't see me out after my interview, nor did they respond to my follow-up. Based on my experiences, I feel like I dodged a bullet. One of the people who would have been on my team made a joke about how Mullen is referred to as a sweatshop, but it can't be considered that if you love the work you do. Take that however you will.

Digital Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a Phone Screen with HR which led to 5 in person interviews all scheduled same day. Process was really easy on site and scheduled soon after the phone screen. Follow up phone call reviewed benefits, offer and salary.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about experiences, favorite ad campaigns/brands in the space, favorite campaign I had worked on. Why was I interested in Mullen? What did I know about MediaHub? Personal interests and passion points. What type of manager style I used.   Answer Question

Print Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mullen (El Segundo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very simple, it was a panel-type interview, but instead of a simultaneously present panel, it was one-by-one. It was a pleasure meeting all these people, and I wish I could work at an environment where the interviews were more like conversations. I'm not trying to brag when I say this, but I would assume my background, qualifications and professionalism at a young age, should have made me a perfect candidate. Now if they didn't want me, I would like a little notice before a month to just say "sorry we found someone more qualified." This is more of an entry-level position, so don't tell me someone is "more qualified" when I have almost a decade of experience at 25. Please...I found it to be more of an insult because they probably wanted someone with less experience to try and pay lower. I understand all that as well, I just felt a month was a bit too long to string me along.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose print production?   1 Answer

Senior Search Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Initial phone interview with the hiring manager. Primarily focused on behavioral questions, wanted to know my clients and type of work environment I succeeded in. Follow up was an in-person interview with the hiring manager, then another interview with another team member. Pretty similar conversation, some more detailed questions about the same general topics, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• How do you market brick & mortar clients with the rise of Local SEO?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and taking 2 month to final offer. Most of employee seem fun and great personality and willing to know about your personality. I believe for them team player is the most important. They are growing business right now so it looks like a good time to join the team.

Strategic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Had a very casual interview; Mostly asked about what's on my resume. Nothing too technical. I was interviewed by four different people and the questions were pretty much similar.

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprises me. Most questions derives directly from my resume.   Answer Question

Search Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Had a basic phone screen followed by an in person interview. It went well, and the people were friendly. After repeated attempts at following up, I never got a response.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest challenge you face as a digital marketer   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mullen (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

I was brought in to interview for an account management position. The interview was very informal and it turned out that most of the people I was meeting with weren't even there so they had to change the agenda. It took about two and half hours. When talking with the team lead they made it seem like I was a top candidate, but just like most agencies they didn't have the decency to tell me they decided to pass on me. They then asked me to interview again for another position. This time I met with several people at a time and the whole thing took about two hours. One of the hiring managers was late to the interview which threw the conversation off. After about a week, they at least had the decency this time to tell me they passed on me. That's five+ hours I'll never get back.

Media Research Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a really great experience during the interviewing process at Mullen (Boston). The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful with regards to the company culture and procedures. Everyone was really friendly, and the office had a young, energetic vibe. While getting a tour of the office, everyone looked hard at work.

Interview Questions

• The manager wanted me to write a "pitch" as to why I would be a great candidate for the role.   Answer Question