Mullen

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.5

Art Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Mullen.

Contacted by recruiter and taking 2 month to final offer. Most of employee seem fun and great personality and willing to know about your personality. I believe for them team player is the most important. They are growing business right now so it looks like a good time to join the team.

Strategic Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mullen.

Had a very casual interview; Mostly asked about what's on my resume. Nothing too technical. I was interviewed by four different people and the questions were pretty much similar.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing surprises me. Most questions derives directly from my resume.   Answer Question

Search Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mullen.

Had a basic phone screen followed by an in person interview. It went well, and the people were friendly. After repeated attempts at following up, I never got a response.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest challenge you face as a digital marketer   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mullen in August 2014.

I was brought in to interview for an account management position. The interview was very informal and it turned out that most of the people I was meeting with weren't even there so they had to change the agenda. It took about two and half hours. When talking with the team lead they made it seem like I was a top candidate, but just like most agencies they didn't have the decency to tell me they decided to pass on me.

They then asked me to interview again for another position. This time I met with several people at a time and the whole thing took about two hours. One of the hiring managers was late to the interview which threw the conversation off. After about a week, they at least had the decency this time to tell me they passed on me.

That's five+ hours I'll never get back.

Various Internships Interview

Very straight forward interview. Asked to show my favorite works and "tell me about yourself"

Art Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mullen.

Phone call, then Skype with head of group, then a full day of in-person interviews with a variety of positions. Some include small groups and others are 1:1. One interview was over lunch. Only a couple of people asked to see work, others had seen it previously and the interview was more casual conversation for them to answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Why are you looking to leave your current job?" That's always the hardest question.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Mullen in February 2014.

I applied on the company website as recent college graduate with little to no portfolio work, and someone from HR contacted me about a week later explaining that I was not quite qualified for that specific position, but that I should come in an interview for the receptionist/admin assistant position to start.

I interviewed with four different people from a couple different departments. Most of the questions were pretty standard. We discussed salary and I was surprised to see that it was so low for a highly successful agency.

Interview Questions
    • How did your experience in retail prepare you for this job?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mullen.

Applied on the company website.

Promptly received a phone call to set up an interview.

Interviewed with department head, as well as three other people within the department.

Was offered a position within 48 hours.

The call with HR to go over the offer, was extremely helpful, and lasted about an hour.

All of my questions about health care coverage, vacation days, benefits, 401K etc were answered and clearly explained.

I was able to successfully negotiate salary.

Assistant Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mullen in May 2013.

Very long but not too hard - you meet with essentially everyone that will be on your team and you just have a nice conversation and have to tell them about yourself. Make sure you know campaigns, the clients Mullen has, talk about Mullen's philosophy "unbound"

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite ad campaign out there currently?   Answer Question
    absolutely zero negotiating. your salary is your salary.

Account Director Interview

Fast. Phone and in-person interviews with team and key decision-makers.