Mullen Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.6

Search Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mullen.

Had a basic phone screen followed by an in person interview. It went well, and the people were friendly. After repeated attempts at following up, I never got a response.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest challenge you face as a digital marketer   Answer Question

Various Internships Interview

Very straight forward interview. Asked to show my favorite works and "tell me about yourself"

Art Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mullen.

Phone call, then Skype with head of group, then a full day of in-person interviews with a variety of positions. Some include small groups and others are 1:1. One interview was over lunch. Only a couple of people asked to see work, others had seen it previously and the interview was more casual conversation for them to answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Why are you looking to leave your current job?" That's always the hardest question.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Mullen in February 2014.

I applied on the company website as recent college graduate with little to no portfolio work, and someone from HR contacted me about a week later explaining that I was not quite qualified for that specific position, but that I should come in an interview for the receptionist/admin assistant position to start.

I interviewed with four different people from a couple different departments. Most of the questions were pretty standard. We discussed salary and I was surprised to see that it was so low for a highly successful agency.

Interview Questions
    • How did your experience in retail prepare you for this job?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mullen.

Applied on the company website.

Promptly received a phone call to set up an interview.

Interviewed with department head, as well as three other people within the department.

Was offered a position within 48 hours.

The call with HR to go over the offer, was extremely helpful, and lasted about an hour.

All of my questions about health care coverage, vacation days, benefits, 401K etc were answered and clearly explained.

I was able to successfully negotiate salary.

Assistant Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mullen in May 2013.

Very long but not too hard - you meet with essentially everyone that will be on your team and you just have a nice conversation and have to tell them about yourself. Make sure you know campaigns, the clients Mullen has, talk about Mullen's philosophy "unbound"

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite ad campaign out there currently?   Answer Question
    absolutely zero negotiating. your salary is your salary.

Account Director Interview

Fast. Phone and in-person interviews with team and key decision-makers.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I interviewed for a couple positions after completing an internship at Mullen.. The interviews were scheduled and I talked to about 5-6 different people over a period of about 4 hours. They were all very informal and conversational. Most were laid back, but one person definitely tried to steam-roll through the interview. Typical interview questions mixed with some very random creative-type questions (most of which seemed irrelevant).

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiations, the salary they offer you is all they are willing to give you. And if you don't want it they make it clear that they will very quickly find somebody who will.

Senior Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mullen.

Totally through connections.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mullen in February 2011.

I applied via Monster and followed up through emails. All the way from the start, they were very nice and friendly. About three days after submitting my resume, I got a call from the Dir. of PR to set up a phone interview. It was friendly, mostly resume stuff, lasting about 15 minutes.

They got back to me in a week and invited me to come and have six interviews with people ranging from AE's to VP's. The interviews were all pretty positive, and the conversation was generally flowing. I didn't feel as if they had asked any questions out of my ability to answer. This was followed by a writing test and a mock press release, which took about two extra hours to complete.

Unfortunately, after a number of (successful) follow-up conversations with people I had met, I was informed about two weeks later that they had accepted someone else for the position. Still a positive experience though.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your style of how to successfully pitch media?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something that makes you unique from all the other candidates...   Answer Question