Mullen Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2015

2.5

Print Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mullen (El Segundo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very simple, it was a panel-type interview, but instead of a simultaneously present panel, it was one-by-one. It was a pleasure meeting all these people, and I wish I could work at an environment where the interviews were more like conversations.

I'm not trying to brag when I say this, but I would assume my background, qualifications and professionalism at a young age, should have made me a perfect candidate. Now if they didn't want me, I would like a little notice before a month to just say "sorry we found someone more qualified." This is more of an entry-level position, so don't tell me someone is "more qualified" when I have almost a decade of experience at 25. Please...I found it to be more of an insult because they probably wanted someone with less experience to try and pay lower. I understand all that as well, I just felt a month was a bit too long to string me along.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose print production?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Initial phone interview with the hiring manager. Primarily focused on behavioral questions, wanted to know my clients and type of work environment I succeeded in. Follow up was an in-person interview with the hiring manager, then another interview with another team member. Pretty similar conversation, some more detailed questions about the same general topics, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• How do you market brick & mortar clients with the rise of Local SEO?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and taking 2 month to final offer. Most of employee seem fun and great personality and willing to know about your personality. I believe for them team player is the most important. They are growing business right now so it looks like a good time to join the team.

Strategic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Had a very casual interview; Mostly asked about what's on my resume. Nothing too technical. I was interviewed by four different people and the questions were pretty much similar.

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprises me. Most questions derives directly from my resume.   Answer Question

Search Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Had a basic phone screen followed by an in person interview. It went well, and the people were friendly. After repeated attempts at following up, I never got a response.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest challenge you face as a digital marketer   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mullen (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

I was brought in to interview for an account management position. The interview was very informal and it turned out that most of the people I was meeting with weren't even there so they had to change the agenda. It took about two and half hours. When talking with the team lead they made it seem like I was a top candidate, but just like most agencies they didn't have the decency to tell me they decided to pass on me.

They then asked me to interview again for another position. This time I met with several people at a time and the whole thing took about two hours. One of the hiring managers was late to the interview which threw the conversation off. After about a week, they at least had the decency this time to tell me they passed on me.

That's five+ hours I'll never get back.

Media Research Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a really great experience during the interviewing process at Mullen (Boston). The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful with regards to the company culture and procedures. Everyone was really friendly, and the office had a young, energetic vibe. While getting a tour of the office, everyone looked hard at work.

Interview Questions

• The manager wanted me to write a "pitch" as to why I would be a great candidate for the role.   Answer Question

Various Internships Interview

Interview

Very straight forward interview. Asked to show my favorite works and "tell me about yourself"

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Phone call, then Skype with head of group, then a full day of in-person interviews with a variety of positions. Some include small groups and others are 1:1. One interview was over lunch. Only a couple of people asked to see work, others had seen it previously and the interview was more casual conversation for them to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• "Why are you looking to leave your current job?" That's always the hardest question.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied on the company website as recent college graduate with little to no portfolio work, and someone from HR contacted me about a week later explaining that I was not quite qualified for that specific position, but that I should come in an interview for the receptionist/admin assistant position to start.

I interviewed with four different people from a couple different departments. Most of the questions were pretty standard. We discussed salary and I was surprised to see that it was so low for a highly successful agency.

Interview Questions

• How did your experience in retail prepare you for this job?   1 Answer