Mullen

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Art Director Interview

Junior Art Director

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Mullen in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired from an internship position. I talked casually with a few people on the team, showed them my book, and was made an offer same-day.

Interview Question – It was very casual, and not your typical interview questioning. Nothing really difficult was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, by sharing what another company had offered me

Various Internships Interview

Various Internships

Interviewed at Mullen

Interview Details – Very straight forward interview. Asked to show my favorite works and "tell me about yourself"

Art Director Interview

Art Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mullen.

Interview Details – Phone call, then Skype with head of group, then a full day of in-person interviews with a variety of positions. Some include small groups and others are 1:1. One interview was over lunch. Only a couple of people asked to see work, others had seen it previously and the interview was more casual conversation for them to answer questions.

Interview Question – "Why are you looking to leave your current job?" That's always the hardest question.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer/Planner Interview

Assistant Buyer/Planner
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mullen in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very long but not too hard - you meet with essentially everyone that will be on your team and you just have a nice conversation and have to tell them about yourself. Make sure you know campaigns, the clients Mullen has, talk about Mullen's philosophy "unbound"

Interview Question – What is your favorite ad campaign out there currently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – absolutely zero negotiating. your salary is your salary.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mullen.

Interview Details – Applied on the company website.

Promptly received a phone call to set up an interview.

Interviewed with department head, as well as three other people within the department.

Was offered a position within 48 hours.

Negotiation Details – The call with HR to go over the offer, was extremely helpful, and lasted about an hour.

All of my questions about health care coverage, vacation days, benefits, 401K etc were answered and clearly explained.

I was able to successfully negotiate salary.

Account Director Interview

Account Director

Interviewed at Mullen

Interview Details – Fast. Phone and in-person interviews with team and key decision-makers.

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mullen in December 2009.

Interview Details – The process was fair and fast-moving. I submitted my resume and heard back within the next few days. I was asked to come in for five half-hour interviews. The recruiter was very kind and accommodating--and even gave me some tips. I met with five people who all asked fair questions, not many tough hypothetical (e.g., "Sell me this pen!") kind of questions. They wanted to know about my experience's relevance to Mullen, my opinion of their company, etc.

Interview Question – "Tell me something you disliked about the last agency where you worked."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was 2009, and the economy was terrible. I took the job and low salary without hesitation.

NOTE: I liked the interview process, but I hated the job (see reviews) and left within a few months.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Assistant Media Planner
Winston-Salem, NC

Interviewed at Mullen

Interview Details – I interviewed for a couple positions after completing an internship at Mullen.. The interviews were scheduled and I talked to about 5-6 different people over a period of about 4 hours. They were all very informal and conversational. Most were laid back, but one person definitely tried to steam-roll through the interview. Typical interview questions mixed with some very random creative-type questions (most of which seemed irrelevant).

Interview Question – If I had to be something in a salad, what would I be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiations, the salary they offer you is all they are willing to give you. And if you don't want it they make it clear that they will very quickly find somebody who will.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Creative Interview

Senior Creative
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Mullen.

Interview Details – Totally through connections.

Interview Question – Want a job?   View Answer

Broadcast Interview

Broadcast
Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Mullen in November 2009.

Interview Details – Pleasant experience with creative company. Overqualified though. Their needs are students out of media schools.

Interview Question – what was the most challenging project you worked on?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Could not come to salary agreement.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mullen

Worked for Mullen? Contribute to the Community!