MultiCare Health System Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MultiCare Health System.

Interview

Applied as an internal candidate and was contacted by the manager to set up an interview. The first interview was pretty standard, mostly behavioral and scenario-based questions. The second interview involved a panel of people with a focus on personality fit followed by more scenario-based questions with role play. The manager made a point to tell me he was very selective in his process to ensure they found the right person. Much to my chagrin, i was passed over because I didn't have particular skill sets. Oddly, those skill sets were specifically featured on my resume and the manager neglected to ask me of my experiences! Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult coworkers? Do you like working in a quiet or loud environment?   Answer Question

MultiCare Health System Response

Apr 2, 2015Talent Acquisition Strategist

We are very sorry to hear you didn’t feel like you received the full consideration you deserved in the interview process. Sometimes, managers are uncomfortable providing specific feedback to a ... More

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MultiCare Health System.

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter first. It took quite a while to get that call. After that, the next interview was set up fairly quickly. It was very low key, only with the direct supervisor. Received notice from the supervisor that a decision was delayed due to more interviews and eventually received an automated notice that I wasn't hired.

Patient SVC Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Auburn, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted several months later via email asking if i was still interested in a job. A week later I had my interview, and not too long after that I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was pretty firm, but I was satisfied with the offer given. So there was no need to negotiate.

IT Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MultiCare Health System.

Interview

It went smooth. People are really friendly. I enjoyed a lot.
    Interview question were both technical and Non-Technical. All process completed in 5 days.. and my joining was with in 15 days.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question as such. It was more of basic questions.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process started with an email with contact information to schedule the interview if I was still interested. It was easy to schedule and happened quickly. Staff members were professional yet friendly throughout the interview. Communication as to how candidates learn if they were hired or not were discussed at the close of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Several behavioral interviewing questions were asked during the interview. The most challenging question to answer was, how do you handle someone who is angry? As well as, questions about how do you handle situations when co-workers are not doing there job/pulling their weight.   Answer Question

Epic Education Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MultiCare Health System.

Interview

Communication took some time between the recruiter/HR and the hiring manager. The group interview was intimidating! At least 7 people were there. They were friendly but I wasn't expecting the group. It would have been nice to know up front.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected, all behavioral questions. "Tell us about a time..."   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MultiCare Health System.

Interview

The recruitment and hiring process is abysmal. From the time I started to interact with their internal recruiter I felt uncomfortable. During my interview the recruiter walked me from one building to another and while we were in the middle of a crosswalk with people around us he asked in a loud voice, "So, what are your salary requirements?" Very unprofessional. When I received the offer I asked to get back to them within 2 days, and I was told I had 24 hours to respond because they "didn't want me shopping the offer around," and that they figured I "either like them and the offer or I don't." They didn't tell me until I got the offer that I wouldn't get relocation assistance, and when I pointed out that it's not cheap to move state to state the recruiter admonished me by saying that someone just moved there from across the country by having some friends "throw some stuff on a truck." I'm a highly experienced professional and executive, and I'm not going to just throw stuff on a truck. I had to request the offer be in writing in order to accept, and they acted as if that was some strange request. They wanted me to instead travel to their site for a 1 hour paperwork completion meeting where I would then receive the offer in writing. I asked if this could be done remotely instead of me making a 5 hour round trip and they said it could not. I had to explain to them that until I had the details in writing I didn't have anything to accept. Then when I got the offer in writing it contained errors, plus had outlandish constraints expecting me to work for them for several years or be forced to pay back bonus money. I consider them to have a fear based management system rather than a trust based system. I also see them allowing strong arm tactics by their recruiting staff that should not be allowed. I'm not sure what they are afraid people will find when they get there, but they seem very concerned that a new hire will leave soon after arriving.

Interview Questions

I was ready to decline and they decided to rescind the offer ahead of that because they felt I had unreasonable requests. I guess putting the offer in writing was too much to ask.

MultiCare Health System Response

Feb 26, 2014Talent Acquisition Strategist

We are always disappointed to hear that a job applicant has had a less than ideal experience during our selection process. We are very aware of this particular candidate’s situation and have a ... More

ER Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MultiCare Health System (Puyallup, WA).

Interview

They pay close attention to body language.
    They check your Facebook
    Realize, that when MHS took over GSH, it exploded into hospital wide (GoodSam) advancement opportunities AND significant early retirement offers, followed by massive new hires.

Allied Heath Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview with department manager that lasted 1 hour. Questions were experience and last work history and specialty that I was strong in.Also was asked if I was flexible and capable of supporting 2 other modalities.

Interview Questions

• Expertise with special procedures and limitations of hardware and software used at specific site.   1 Answer

Med Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

the hiring was super sichy and easy.. just show off all your qualification and abilities and youll be great

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate but the compensation was great- i didnt have to