MultiCare Health System Interview Questions

2.3

Patient SVC Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I applied online – interviewed at MultiCare Health System in October 2014.

Applied online and was contacted several months later via email asking if i was still interested in a job. A week later I had my interview, and not too long after that I was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    The offer was pretty firm, but I was satisfied with the offer given. So there was no need to negotiate.

IT Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MultiCare Health System.

It went smooth. People are really friendly. I enjoyed a lot.
    Interview question were both technical and Non-Technical. All process completed in 5 days.. and my joining was with in 15 days.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question as such. It was more of basic questions.   Answer Question

Epic Education Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MultiCare Health System.

Communication took some time between the recruiter/HR and the hiring manager. The group interview was intimidating! At least 7 people were there. They were friendly but I wasn't expecting the group. It would have been nice to know up front.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected, all behavioral questions. "Tell us about a time..."   Answer Question

Administration Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MultiCare Health System.

The recruitment and hiring process is abysmal. From the time I started to interact with their internal recruiter I felt uncomfortable. During my interview the recruiter walked me from one building to another and while we were in the middle of a crosswalk with people around us he asked in a loud voice, "So, what are your salary requirements?" Very unprofessional. When I received the offer I asked to get back to them within 2 days, and I was told I had 24 hours to respond because they "didn't want me shopping the offer around," and that they figured I "either like them and the offer or I don't." They didn't tell me until I got the offer that I wouldn't get relocation assistance, and when I pointed out that it's not cheap to move state to state the recruiter admonished me by saying that someone just moved there from across the country by having some friends "throw some stuff on a truck." I'm a highly experienced professional and executive, and I'm not going to just throw stuff on a truck. I had to request the offer be in writing in order to accept, and they acted as if that was some strange request. They wanted me to instead travel to their site for a 1 hour paperwork completion meeting where I would then receive the offer in writing. I asked if this could be done remotely instead of me making a 5 hour round trip and they said it could not. I had to explain to them that until I had the details in writing I didn't have anything to accept. Then when I got the offer in writing it contained errors, plus had outlandish constraints expecting me to work for them for several years or be forced to pay back bonus money. I consider them to have a fear based management system rather than a trust based system. I also see them allowing strong arm tactics by their recruiting staff that should not be allowed. I'm not sure what they are afraid people will find when they get there, but they seem very concerned that a new hire will leave soon after arriving.

Interview Questions

I was ready to decline and they decided to rescind the offer ahead of that because they felt I had unreasonable requests. I guess putting the offer in writing was too much to ask.

MultiCare Health System Response

Feb 26, 2014Talent Acquisition Strategist

We are always disappointed to hear that a job applicant has had a less than ideal experience during our selection process. We are very aware of this particular candidate’s situation and have a ... More

ER Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MultiCare Health System.

They pay close attention to body language.
    They check your Facebook
    Realize, that when MHS took over GSH, it exploded into hospital wide (GoodSam) advancement opportunities AND significant early retirement offers, followed by massive new hires.

Med Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MultiCare Health System in March 2011.

the hiring was super sichy and easy.. just show off all your qualification and abilities and youll be great

i was able to negotiate but the compensation was great- i didnt have to

Will Not Disclose Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MultiCare Health System in January 2010.

Applied on-line, plus called the department manager after being referred by a friend to the job. Interviewed with the department manager, in an informal manner.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unusual questions, just the basics: Education, experience, skills, etc.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase. It was a take it or leave it offer. I regret that I was not informed I'd have to join a union to keep the job WHEN I was offered the job (or during the interview process). Note: I cannot enter the interview date below: It was in 2002, but I was forced to choose an inaccurate year.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MultiCare Health System in September 2009.

Applied for an opening. Received phone interview. No follow up call: had to leave a message requesting a feedback on the process for job opening. Received no call back. Instead received an automated email response. Was disappointed with lack of courtesy for an exempt level position. Once determined not a fit, rejection was a quick door in the face. Unfortunate person was impersonal.

Interview Questions
    • Respond to the kind of methods you have used to do your job (vendor, internal staff) etc.   View Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MultiCare Health System in September 2011.

I met with my direct supervisor who asked me the typical questions. She also asked some relevant nursing questions. I then received a call a couple of weeks later with a job offer. I dealt with HR from there negotiating pay and a start date. They have a extensive 2 week new employee training that everyone has to attend. It is amazing the amount of information they provide you with and the specific training that you receive.

Preservice Center Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MultiCare Health System in September 2010.

Fairly long process to actually start on the job

Not much.