Multimedia Games Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.8

Artist Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was very laid back - I was very comfortable and able to show my enthusiasm for the opportunity as well as talk about my portfolio which they projected on the wall. The Art Director knows what he likes in an artist and had a current artist, who was the previous artist intern, sit in on the interview to shed light on the internship experience. Both people were very welcoming and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very easy to answer, nothing was outlandish. They looked through my website and had me describe my thought process and reasoning behind the work as they scrolled through.   1 Answer

Network & Systems Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied on the company's website in mid-October, received a call from HR a few days later, a phone interview the next day and a face-to-face panel interview the following week. The interview was preceded by a short technical test consisting mostly of SQL and enterprise networking related questions. The first panel included three members from their NOC team and the second panel included the hiring manager and his boss. Questions varied between the two panels, but it was clear they wanted someone with both an advanced technical aptitude and a customer focused attitude. The tone of the interview was friendly and conversational. I should mention that the location of their office is hidden and hard to find. I highly recommend you search their street address using your favorite mapping app ahead of time so you don't get lost and arrive late.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but the "Are you okay with casino gambling?" and "Can you pass a thorough background check?" were a little unusual.   Answer Question

QA Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Went in for an interview and was questioned by two people. They were friendly and asked basic questions about planning and scripting experience. The surprise was they took me to a lab and had me come up with a script for a gaming machine. My advise would be to write it out instead of trying to tell them the steps. You might want to study up on their machines and how they work prior to going into an interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep track of your work and how is that information reported to management.   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

A fair process with smart engineers. They are willing to walk through answers and discuss other solutions. Coding is done on a compiler and not on a whiteboard. Opening with the technical portion was a plus as it is nice to get this out of the way early while still fresh. Taking a tour and meeting other members of the team was informative and gave a good feeling of the environment.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in this position as opposed to the traditional games industry.   Answer Question