Multimedia Games Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

2.9

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX).

Interview

laid back, plenty of technical questions, reviewed my resume and test cases written, how to write a defect. things about me, what I do for fun. 2 people interviewed me at the same time.

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Multimedia Games.

Interview

Applied online, after some time had past I got a call from a recruiter saying they were interesting in offering me an interview and asked if a few different times would work for me. They were all weekday/during work hours but I was able to set an hour aside due to my employer at the time already being fully aware I was looking for another job 100% due to location and a move. Phone interview had many questions about experience and resume, they had taken the time to read my previous work experience over which I respect. Questions were normal for what you would expect a hybrid IT/Customer Service job to include. A lot of the "questions" in the interview were actually direct questions from them about past experience, what you would do in sticky situations, what you've learned from various aspects of your life. I was then given a chance to ask questions about the company for ten minutes or so to make sure, after they knew I would fit in, that the company would fit me and what I was looking for. They also asked about what my long term plans and goals were, which is refreshing to see a tech company looking for career minded people. I was told at the end of my interview that they also had a few applicants they would be interviewing with direct experience in the casino gaming field, and while my interview went well (also another thing that's nice to hear) they were emphasizing that experience in this search and would notify me within a week if they were going to go another route. Within a few days I was told they would like to meet with me for a 1:1 in person. That interview in my case turned out to be more an introduction and a we will be extending you an offer than a secondary interview, but I was able to talk over a lot of the training and transitional questions at that time which was awesome going in to a job blind that you applied for online. Direct questions were asked about technical aspects I had on my resume as skillsets, just to make sure I wasn't making them up. I was honest in those aspects I was rustier on than others, which played well.

Interview Questions

• Asked for an explanation on managing CISCO configurations through a Serial connection which I didn't expect based on the job description. All background check questions were normal considering how regulated the industry is.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation, I was offered on the higher side of what my interviewer said my potential scale to begin could be due to past experience and qualifications. Medical/dental/vision was included from the start as well as PTO accumulation and 401k

Artist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was very laid back - I was very comfortable and able to show my enthusiasm for the opportunity as well as talk about my portfolio which they projected on the wall. The Art Director knows what he likes in an artist and had a current artist, who was the previous artist intern, sit in on the interview to shed light on the internship experience. Both people were very welcoming and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very easy to answer, nothing was outlandish. They looked through my website and had me describe my thought process and reasoning behind the work as they scrolled through.   1 Answer

Network & Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied on the company's website in mid-October, received a call from HR a few days later, a phone interview the next day and a face-to-face panel interview the following week. The interview was preceded by a short technical test consisting mostly of SQL and enterprise networking related questions. The first panel included three members from their NOC team and the second panel included the hiring manager and his boss. Questions varied between the two panels, but it was clear they wanted someone with both an advanced technical aptitude and a customer focused attitude. The tone of the interview was friendly and conversational. I should mention that the location of their office is hidden and hard to find. I highly recommend you search their street address using your favorite mapping app ahead of time so you don't get lost and arrive late.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but the "Are you okay with casino gambling?" and "Can you pass a thorough background check?" were a little unusual.   Answer Question

QA Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Multimedia Games in May 2013.

Interview

I applied via Jobvite and received a response fairly quickly, within a week or two. First was a phone interview. In that interview, they asked many of the typical interview questions, along with some pertaining specifically to QA positions. Overall it lasted about 30 minutes. After that, I was invited in for an in-person interview. They asked many of the same questions in this interview that were asked in the phone interview. Also, this was a 3 part interview. The first part was with two managers. The second was with another, separate manager, and the last was a hands-on exercise in the testing lab. The part with the first two managers was the meat of the interview, where the most specific questions were asked. The second manager asked more general work history questions. While the hands-on exercise just depends on how prepared you are and how your eye for detail is.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Multimedia Games.

Interview

descirbe previous experience. Strongly looking for gaming industry related managment experience and details on projects and success/failures.

QA Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Went in for an interview and was questioned by two people. They were friendly and asked basic questions about planning and scripting experience. The surprise was they took me to a lab and had me come up with a script for a gaming machine. My advise would be to write it out instead of trying to tell them the steps. You might want to study up on their machines and how they work prior to going into an interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep track of your work and how is that information reported to management.   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Multimedia Games (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

A fair process with smart engineers. They are willing to walk through answers and discuss other solutions. Coding is done on a compiler and not on a whiteboard. Opening with the technical portion was a plus as it is nice to get this out of the way early while still fresh. Taking a tour and meeting other members of the team was informative and gave a good feeling of the environment.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in this position as opposed to the traditional games industry.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Multimedia Games in January 2011.

Interview

The interview starts with a HR phone screen and two basic problem set that tests your problem solving and design skill. If you pass this test then there's a phone interview with other software developers. This test tend to test your understanding of C++, math, and design skill. After the phone interview is an in person interview where they would ask you about many gotcha in C++ and to write a few simple programs. Some of the topics in the interview include software design, design patterns, C++ syntax/data structure/exception/stl/templates... basically anything about C++ and programming is fair game.