Multimedia Games

Very Easy Interview

Artist Intern Interview

Artist Intern
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Multimedia Games in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was very laid back - I was very comfortable and able to show my enthusiasm for the opportunity as well as talk about my portfolio which they projected on the wall. The Art Director knows what he likes in an artist and had a current artist, who was the previous artist intern, sit in on the interview to shed light on the internship experience. Both people were very welcoming and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – All questions were very easy to answer, nothing was outlandish. They looked through my website and had me describe my thought process and reasoning behind the work as they scrolled through.   View Answer

Network & Systems Specialist Interview

Network & Systems Specialist
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Multimedia Games in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on the company's website in mid-October, received a call from HR a few days later, a phone interview the next day and a face-to-face panel interview the following week. The interview was preceded by a short technical test consisting mostly of SQL and enterprise networking related questions. The first panel included three members from their NOC team and the second panel included the hiring manager and his boss. Questions varied between the two panels, but it was clear they wanted someone with both an advanced technical aptitude and a customer focused attitude. The tone of the interview was friendly and conversational. I should mention that the location of their office is hidden and hard to find. I highly recommend you search their street address using your favorite mapping app ahead of time so you don't get lost and arrive late.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, but the "Are you okay with casino gambling?" and "Can you pass a thorough background check?" were a little unusual.   Answer Question

QA Analyst II Interview

QA Analyst II

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Multimedia Games in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied via Jobvite and received a response fairly quickly, within a week or two.

First was a phone interview. In that interview, they asked many of the typical interview questions, along with some pertaining specifically to QA positions. Overall it lasted about 30 minutes.

After that, I was invited in for an in-person interview. They asked many of the same questions in this interview that were asked in the phone interview. Also, this was a 3 part interview. The first part was with two managers. The second was with another, separate manager, and the last was a hands-on exercise in the testing lab. The part with the first two managers was the meat of the interview, where the most specific questions were asked. The second manager asked more general work history questions. While the hands-on exercise just depends on how prepared you are and how your eye for detail is.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Multimedia Games.

Interview Details – descirbe previous experience. Strongly looking for gaming industry related managment experience and details on projects and success/failures.

Interview Question – Relating non-gaming experience to the gaming industry   Answer Question

QA Analyst II Interview

QA Analyst II
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Multimedia Games in April 2012.

Interview Details – Went in for an interview and was questioned by two people. They were friendly and asked basic questions about planning and scripting experience. The surprise was they took me to a lab and had me come up with a script for a gaming machine. My advise would be to write it out instead of trying to tell them the steps. You might want to study up on their machines and how they work prior to going into an interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep track of your work and how is that information reported to management.   Answer Question
  • What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Multimedia Games in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview starts with a HR phone screen and two basic problem set that tests your problem solving and design skill. If you pass this test then there's a phone interview with other software developers. This test tend to test your understanding of C++, math, and design skill. After the phone interview is an in person interview where they would ask you about many gotcha in C++ and to write a few simple programs. Some of the topics in the interview include software design, design patterns, C++ syntax/data structure/exception/stl/templates... basically anything about C++ and programming is fair game.

Interview Question – Explain all the details of a failed constructor call.   Answer Question

Worked for Multimedia Games? Contribute to the Community!