Munich Re Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

3.2

Strategic Products Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. The interview went really smooth and talked mostly about my resume. It felt like they already chose their candidates from the start of the interview, so I didn't feel too hopeful. At the same time, they were really nice and made it seem like I would definitely get the position. Also, it seems like they prefer hiring males over females. They were barely any women in the building.

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re (Plainsboro, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

LENGTHY: Consisted of initial phone screening, phone interview with hiring manager and a colleague, onsite interview with the same two team members including the Director of the Group, and a third interview at a remote client site 3+ hours away which consisted of a presentation and a case study, and some additional Q&A (reimbursement for travel provided). I did NOT like the fact that I had to travel remotely to meet the team (video or telepresence conference anyone?). They need to make the process less impeding for candidates. Overall, I liked the hiring manager and the home office team, but was certainly not excited at the prospect of working at the other remote client site locations. At the end of the last process, it was clear that it would not be a good fit for either party. I did not want the job and they went internal (I hear this is the norm from other reviews).

Interview Questions

• You have a vague SOW at best and need to get a contract signed per your client ASAP. How would you handle this?   1 Answer

Business Runoff Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Munich Re (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

My initial contact was with a recruiter at a career reception sponsored by our university. I went through one interview with a very nice recruiter, who asked me basic questions such as "What do we do", "Why MunichRe America" and was very easygoing. I was then contacted by a HR specialist to arrange a on site interview (in Princeton, NJ) and underwent a phone interview which consisted mostly of behavioral style questions and how I became interested in risk. After the phone interview, I proceeded to Princeton for a final round interview with an account manager and the Business Runoff Executive, which was very laid back and easygoing. The experience was great, and I would definitely consider MunichRe when I look for internships next year.

Interview Questions

• Know what the basics of Business Runoff is and do your research, as always.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Munich Re in March 2014.

Interview

The first one was a phone interview. It's about 45 minutes, it is behavioral question based interview. HR went through my resume and it was a pleasant talk. Then HR started some questions about my skills and it was confusing.

Interview Questions

• HR asked some half-technical questions like giving evidence to show I am proficient in R. HR was not satisfied with the answer. I was very confused what she was looking for.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Significant investigation of leadership and management skills. Mostly focused internally. Very traditional interview process, some interviews included checklists of questions. HR interview revealed that process was probably not real and generally hired internally.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe when you were last most creative at work   Answer Question

Actuarial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re.

Interview

All day interview with numerous behavioral questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview then office interviews.

Helpdesk Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Munich Re (Farmington, CT) in July 2011.

Interview

We were interviewed by the company's IT people at a company approved contractor's office. There were four people interviewing with them that day at the recruiters's office. We interviewed separately by a panel of two IT department heads and the recruiter. It was at least for me, a very comfortable experience as they were easy to talk to and the exchange of information was easy. They asked typical support related questions including what our backgrounds in IT were and explained what they needed at that time in their project.

Interview Questions

• Going from memory as this has been a while: What are your skills? What is your availabliity? Have you supported VPN?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I wasn't successful, but from what I knew from the interview, I would definitely want to re-apply and they encouraged me to do so. Interviewers were professional, approachable, and friendly. The receptionist was very nice and made pleasant conversation. Definitely seems like a genuine learning culture. Preliminary phone screening asking about my background, my interest, and what I know about the company. In-person serial interview with the 3 members of the department, arranged in ascending hierarchical order. Cognitive ability test - answer 30 questions in 8 minutes, where ~1/3 of the questions are mathematically based.

Actuarial Associate Interview

Interview

First round interview in a seminar format, all candidates are split into groups, group is at a different station each time. Station1 is 3 speed interview (which is stupid) that is 10 minutes each. Station2 is a simple non-technical group activity followed by an office tour.

Interview Questions

• nothing technical... tell me a time etc. give me an example... The group activity is about being stranded on an island.   1 Answer