Murex

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Murex in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted via video conference with a director and a senior consultant.

Interview Question – no technical questions.
very basic questions about TVM, Bond, and termstructure.
all the other questions from CV
  Answer Question

Paris (France)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Murex in January 2008.

Interview Details – Writen test (finance, math & English)
HR interview
Senior manager interview
Interview with team leader (N+2)
Interview with team leader (N+1)

Interview Question – Writen test (check internet forums mostly in french for question types)   Answer Question

Interviewed at Murex

Interview Details – Didn't do well in the written test, but still invited to the final interview.

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Murex in January 2012.

Interview Details – I went to the Murex office on 4 occasions. The first day to sit an assessment and the other 3 times for follow up interviews. The assessment was very varies covering a wide range of fields but none of the questions were too challenging although they did have a section n Credit Risk which I was clueless about.

I was asked to come back for an interview with the HR manager. This was a 1:1 interview of about 80 minutes going through my CV and work history. It was an extremely rigorous interview and she left no stones unturned. She basically asked me about every decision that I had made at each step of my career. Half way through she told me that she saw some particular problems with areas in my past employment and asked me to convince her why she'd be wrong to think that way. Overall it was a really tough interview but very professional at the same time.

The third and fourth interviews were called 'technical interviews' but I was asked no technical questions in either of them despite the fact they were being carried out by technical staff. Instead it was the same HR and competency type questions. I found this really frustrating as I had done a lot of work on the technical side of things in preparation for both interviews but I didn't mention this as I didn't want to jeopardise my chances.

I didn't get the job in the end and the feedback was that I needed to be more professional when describing my previous work history. I had left a different career type to go back to college and was a bit too honest in my descriptions of why I had wanted to change career direction.

Interview Questions

• You have two games.
    Game A You toss one coin. Heads you win $1, Tails you lose $1.
    Game B: You toss two coins. Two Heads you win $2, two Tails you lose $2, a combination of both and you win or loss nothing.

What is the Expected Value, Variance and Standard Deviation of both games?

Which game would you prefer to play and why?
      Answer Question
  • Who is the head of the European Central Bank?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Murex in August 2010.

Interview Details – 1st test: Paper test
2nd round: Little HR, more math , little finance,derivatives stuff
3rd round: Derive BlackScholes etc

Interview Question – Derive formula for delta   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Murex

Worked for Murex? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Murex Financial Consultant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Murex employees and interview candidates.