Murex

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Murex in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview 1 hour long all technical questions
Complexities of Vector Link List
Implement fibonacci series

Interview Question – How to reduce Complexity of a fibonacci series   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Murex in April 2012.

Interview Details – Got the interview by applying online. First a screening phone call to make sure that you understand what you have applied to and also to make sure that everything on your resume is Ok. Then comes a phone call, usually someone from the integration team who would ask you about what's listed in your resume. Make sure you know all definitions for this interview as well as basic algorithms, as stupid as this may sound I got stuck trying to define a class/object in Java and coming up with a decent algorithm to calculate root square using (Newton's sequence).

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Murex in October 2008.

Interview Details – Made contact with an HR recruiter at a University event, spoke with the recruiter and then presented my CV. Was then contacted for an initial phone interview after a week (some logic problems albeit not very technical) , then by another interviewer (more technical problems). Two weeks passed before I received an invite for an on site interview in NY, all graciously arranged by the company. Upon my arrival was directly ushered in to take a knowledge test on technical skills (Math and Computer Science). I was then interviewed by 4 members of their team and felt the first couple of interviewers were in a hurry and just throwing in their questions before moving on. All interviews consisted of a brief summary of what they did, what I have done, before trying to solve 2-3 problems/algorithms and then moving on.
That last day of interview was short but intense but I think that was the intent. Like any other place I think it has its cast of characters that you would enjoy to work with and some that you wouldn't.

Interview Questions

• What are the courses you took in University, which did you prefer and why ?   Answer Question
  • Given a grid of any height and width, write an algorithm to traverse it in a spiral. (Starting at the top left and ending in the middle)   Answer Question

Worked for Murex? Contribute to the Community!