Murex Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

3.5

Graduate Developer Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Murex.

Initial meeting with staff at career expo. Very friendly staff.
    I sent my application via email and was asked to resend to the recruitment page on the Murex site.
    I was then invited to a undergo a technical test. very similar to an exam - 20 questions i think 2 hours.
    We were welcomed by a friendly member of staff and given the paper.
    we were told to ask questions if we needed clarification.
    After the test we were told that we would get an answer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • most coding questions were C code - I have never learnt C so decided to use assumptions and my knowledge of Java to answer the questions. I explained my answers.
      There were questions on linux OS.
      Questions on threads
      Questions on OOP and Java
      Questions on database - SQL as well as designing a small database to answer client needs
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Murex in May 2013.

Submitted my resume through their recruitment website (applied for a particular software development position). I was contacted by one of their recruiter one week later to schedule a date for the written test. The date for the written test were fixed by Murex's recruiters and provide little or no room for modification.

The day of the written test, we (myself and about 5 other applicants) were placed in a conference room where a recruiter explained the murex application process, timing, and desired skills. The test comprises optional parts, but form my particular position (software engineer) it embodied only object oriented programming, java, c++, and design problems. The test is not difficult but is particularly long. At the end of the test you are asked to write a little paragraph "in english" about yourself, your projects, etc. (it's a basic english test).

About a week later the recruiter sent me an email to schedule a 1:1 interview with a recruiter following by a 1:2 interview with a software engineering manager. The recruiter interview consisted on previous experience, cultural fit, and a few other behavioural questions.

The technical interview was very stimulating and challenging, it lasted 2+ hours during which I was asked about Object Oriented programming and design, code reviews, etc (basically explain all the answers given in the written test).

The interviewers were always nice. Remember, they are there to asses your problem solving capabilities, coding and design skill, and finally to check whether they will be comfortable working with you.

Interview Questions
    • 3+ hours written test. Nothing too difficult. Study object oriented concepts, java and c++. Prepare for behavioural questions such as "tell us about a time when you had to handle stress".   Answer Question

I had another more interesting offering.

Software Engineer Interview

More than 3h of technical test. Paper based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Murex.

Got an email few weeks after submitting the CV online. The went to Paris for a on-site interview. The 1st round was only a written test with several options to choose depending on the job position. I choose the software developer, but most of the tests are about OO codes test such as java which is not keeping in line with my profile. Then, few weeks later, got the negative news.

Interview Questions
    • nothing was really dificult, but just not so match with my background. If someone has strong background in the OO programming, that could be nice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Murex in February 2013.

At first glance, seems to be an elite company. Beautiful building, leader on its market, difficult process... The first step consist of finance/math/cs/english test. Depending on the position sought, some modules become mandatory, will other can be freely chosen. It took me more than 3 hours to complete a 50+-page test. I passed the test but failed on the next HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • Well, review extensively everything that you might be question about for the technical test (see other review) but more importantly, be quick.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Murex in January 2008.

Writen test (finance, math & English)
    HR interview
    Senior manager interview
    Interview with team leader (N+2)
    Interview with team leader (N+1)

Interview Questions
    • Writen test (check internet forums mostly in french for question types)   Answer Question

Financial Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Murex in October 2012.

Initially i was applied for Financial software consultant, and i gave the aptitude test spending 2.5 hours in murex offices. HR gave feedback that my skills are strong for financial software consultant and Performance Architect consultant role would suit better basing on my qualifications. Again took a 3 hour programming test and passed in that. Final interview with Managing director at 6:30 pm . He was asking questions that sounds strange and feedback was i am too keen on the position and they would not consider my application.

Front Office Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Murex in September 2011.

Written test (maths, financial, IT) + CEO + HR + boss

Interview Questions
    • what is accounting p&l, economic p&l. how to calculate?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Didn't do well in the written test, but still invited to the final interview.

Procurement Interview

Total 4 rounds of interviews - One by phone, three face-to-face.

Fairly tough interviews but confusing for candidates as there were different explanation of the job function from each round of interview. Candidates informed that it is a newly created job function hence could not provide proper indication of performance criteria, however interviewers seem to have very high expectations for the candidate.