Murphy Oil Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Murphy Oil in May 2011.

Interview

I applied on the company's website. About a month later I received a phone call from the DM and had a quick phone interview. Then met with the Store Manager for an interview at the store. A couple days later I had a one on one interview with the DM. He offered me the job. I accepted and had to do a drug test and allow a background check. Those took about 3 days. Then I went in to complete video training, which lasted 2 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negotiate my pay, but only got 50¢ extra. I'd say start high because they will counter it

Other Interview Reviews for Murphy Oil

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Murphy Oil in February 2010.

Interview

Went in for an Assistant manager position. Talked to the store manager first and then the DM just so happened to be there and he hired me on the spot (he cared more about checking out my butt than anything else). That day he ran a background check and had me do a drug test.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. I went in as an assistant and 2 weeks later was offered a store management position making 30,000