Murphy Oil

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Murphy Oil in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is extremely long and boring. They make you apply online and take a pointless quiz which easily takes up to two hours. The first steep is a phone interview, the next steep is a video interview on the computer, and then finally the real interview. During my real interview the guys were constantly checking the blackberries while I was talking it was very rude.

Interview Question – How my major can tie into the job   Answer Question

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Murphy Oil in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a member of the recruiting staff. We had an over the phone interview immediately. They set up an interview with three other people for a few months later. I was then sent to a district to run it for six months, temporarily. After six months they then sent me for another interview with myself and two other people. I received the offer within the week.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One sided. I was offered a salary, then I counteroffered with another. I received one other offer and was not given another opportunity to negotiate. I was to accept or not get it. My advice to others would be to submit an offer to them, but be ready to accept or decline quickly.

District Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Murphy Oil in July 2008.

Interview Details – very quick, offer made the next day after interview

Interview Question – Give a specific example of increasing sales.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Murphy Oil

Worked for Murphy Oil? Contribute to the Community!