Murphy Oil Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Murphy Oil.

Interview

The interview process was initially informal and then later turned into a formal one-on-one interview with a hiring manager. Ultimately, this process could have been done over the phone. It was a typical "getting to know you" conversation with the 1st 30 minutes consisting of going over the Murphy Benefits Plan and company culture.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself?" "Describe your experience with xyz?"   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Murphy Oil (Dallas, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process is extremely long and boring. They make you apply online and take a pointless quiz which easily takes up to two hours. The first steep is a phone interview, the next steep is a video interview on the computer, and then finally the real interview. During my real interview the guys were constantly checking the blackberries while I was talking it was very rude.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Murphy Oil (Carthage, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

I think the interview went well at least I hope it did.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Murphy Oil in January 2014.

Interview

After submitting my application it took roughly four to six weeks to hear back from Murphy Oil due to it being Christmas time. I had two interviews with HR and the team that I would work within. These were conducted very professionally, the initial interview focused more on the technical aspects of the role and how my experience was relevant to the analyst position. The second interview was behavioral based and focused more on my personality and attributes. Murphy also did a background check and had me complete psychometric tests online. All in all the interview process took roughly two months before I was informed of the decision.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember any specific questions, the HR manager that interviewed me was very professional and made me feel comfortable while interviewing.   1 Answer

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Murphy Oil in June 2013.

Interview

Interview secured through recruiter. The job was for more senior position but they are 'looking around' for less senior since they were unable to hire. Managed to go through one stage technical interview (2 to 1) before they gave negative feedback back to the recruiter. I was told that they need people who 'hit the ground running' and 'have everything on their fingertips'.

Interview Questions

• Explain the workflow for fluid PVT analysis using PVTi and/or PVTP.   Answer Question