Muscular Dystrophy Association

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

District Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in December 2008.

Two days after I applied I received a phone call to set up a phone interview with the Regional Director. The interview was made for the next after noon. Standard questions: why do you want to work for MDA, what do you know about the organization, why should we choose you? The next day I was invited to a group interview with RD and RC. Asked to make a presentation using whatever means I chose, 'selling' myself to MDA.
I did a Powerpoint matching my skills to the job description. I was offered the position a few days later. They intimated that the $60,000 as at the upper end of what they could offer and may preclude a raise.

Interview Questions
  • What do you find to be the most difficult aspect of working for a nonprofit organization?   View Answer
I found after I started that most Directors where at between $45k and $60k. If anyone was over that, I was unaware of it.