Muscular Dystrophy Association Fundraising Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I did an phone screen with HR. It was very quick 30 minutes. The HR rep had no information and could not answer any of my questions. Everything I asked she said I don't know. Was called back for an in person interview with the office I would be working but had decided to accept another position.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with cold calling? That seems to be the only aspect of the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Greensboro, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively quick as my particular office had been looking to fill my role for awhile. I had two phone interviews followed by an in person interview with the executive director that the divisional director Skyped into. The process was thorough and informative in a way that got to me while allowing me to learn a lot about the role. The in person interview was two hours, but it went by really quickly.

Interview Questions

• Working in development in the past, what was your most challenging encounter and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was expedient. Over the course of 2 weeks, I had participated in 2 phone interviews and a skype interview (as I was planning to move from out of state).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a position that required you to meet goals.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Really bare bones. Sounds like there has been a huge turnover in the office so they were trying to move me through quickly. It was not particularly challenging, but I did see a lot of red flags come up about the way they operate. I would not take a job working there. Also glad I checked Glassdoor afterwards.

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted about a month later for a screening with HR. Three days after that i had an interview with regional Directors. Very quick. HR was accessible. Offer was made quickly. I felt like MDA was very respectful of my time.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview- What would I do, and what I have done in various situations. I also prepared a presentation.   Answer Question

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in February 2015.

Interview

HR screening with very basic question. The in person interview was a list of 30ish questions. They just read off a list. Not very personal. They don't really explain exactly how much you would actually work. Temp flex isn't really opinion.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. Definitely a behavioral interview, lots of situational questions. They allowed me to ask a lot of questions but at the end of the day I felt like they were not up front with me from the beginning about pay and time requirements. I referenced the many reviews I read on glassdoor about the organization and position which I quickly learned turned the tone of the interview...

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral questions... tell me about a time when you _____   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

I initially applied online. I was then invited to do a video interview shortly after. About 3 weeks later they asked to set up a phone interview. About 3 weeks after that they asked me to come in for an interview with the Executive Director. That day they asked me to set up a presentation for the next. About 3 weeks after they called late in the evening to offer me the position. They offered the top price range and gave me a little over 2 weeks before the start date with minimal flexibility.

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered the highest in the range for the position.

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Interview

MDA does a behavioral intervew. They want examples of how you made an office run more smoothly, or how you put a plan in place to grow a particular event. Must know Word and Excel pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about our organization (specific info)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone call with offer and start date requested

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Interview

After I applied online I was contacted by a member of HR for a phone screen. It took about 15 minutes.Very general questions. What did you like best/least in your previous position. Tell me about your fundraising/marketing experience. Are you comfortable speaking in front of groups?