Muscular Dystrophy Association Fundraising Coordinator Interview Questions

2.8

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in June 2014.

I initially applied online. I was then invited to do a video interview shortly after. About 3 weeks later they asked to set up a phone interview. About 3 weeks after that they asked me to come in for an interview with the Executive Director. That day they asked me to set up a presentation for the next. About 3 weeks after they called late in the evening to offer me the position. They offered the top price range and gave me a little over 2 weeks before the start date with minimal flexibility.

No negotiation, they offered the highest in the range for the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

The interview process was lengthy. Definitely a behavioral interview, lots of situational questions. They allowed me to ask a lot of questions but at the end of the day I felt like they were not up front with me from the beginning about pay and time requirements. I referenced the many reviews I read on glassdoor about the organization and position which I quickly learned turned the tone of the interview...

Interview Questions
    • Many behavioral questions... tell me about a time when you _____   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in December 2011.

I traveled several hours for 4 interviews over a period of several weeks totaling more than 6 hours of interview time. I was asked to give a presentation with visuals at both my 3rd and 4th interviews. It was the most lengthy yet generic interview process I have ever been through.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected because they have been using the same interview questions for so long, they can be found with a simple google search as they have been posted by several previous interviewees.   Answer Question
    Simple as they made one offer and were unwilling to negotiate.

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

MDA does a behavioral intervew. They want examples of how you made an office run more smoothly, or how you put a plan in place to grow a particular event. Must know Word and Excel pretty well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what you know about our organization (specific info)   Answer Question
    Phone call with offer and start date requested

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boynton Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boynton Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in October 2010.

Two interviews. One with the Divisional Director and one with the Director of the office and the National Programs Director. The second interview occurred on the Tuesday following the initial interview, which was on Friday. All interviews were at their offices in Boynton Beach, FL. Interviews were generally about 1 hour in length. Typical interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about your experience in a fast-paced environment. They also asked about how I was able to take my goals and make them a reality.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in January 2014.

I felt very comfortable interviewing with MDA. I was initially contacted by a Divisional Director and completed a phone screen. I was then called in for an in person interview with a few different managers. Following this interview I received a few follow up questions and was offered the position. Start to finish the process went pretty smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • I had to prepare an elevator pitch to sell MDA - I gave it my best effort and it clearly paid off.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate as they offered me a salary at the higher end of the range that we discussed. It was clear that they valued me as a potential employee.

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

After I applied online I was contacted by a member of HR for a phone screen. It took about 15 minutes.Very general questions. What did you like best/least in your previous position. Tell me about your fundraising/marketing experience. Are you comfortable speaking in front of groups?

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

The interview process was ok I guess. I'm kind of good at interviews though. The ED was dressed extremely unprofessional and very vague regarding the job. I have had better interviewers, but over all it was pretty simple.

Interview Questions
    • I cant think of one. it was pretty simple and straight forward. Not a complicated process at all   Answer Question
    I did not

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Very long slow process. Though they had originally said they needed to fill the spot right away, they took a long time to get back to me during each step of the process. It was also a three step process involving a preliminary interview with the office director. Then another interview with the office director and regional director, and then another interview with both of them and their senior boss. The first interview involved the director speaking most of the time. The second interview was about 1 1/2 hours. The process seemed dragged out considering they didn't have someone in that position and really needed to fill it. Doesn't seem organized in that way to me. I don't think they really had their act together in terms of being organized for this, which makes me nervous about their organizational skills in their jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Please put together a presentation addressing why we should hire you.   Answer Question

I didn't feel that it was a good fit for me

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

The interview and hiring process was like training for the Boston Marathon. There are 5 stages to getting hired. First you have to pass a pre-screening phone test, then a 1hr+ phone interview and then once that is done you are brought in for a 2 1/2 hour interview.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to do a sales pitch on their Shamrock mobiles without telling you what comes in the kit.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate. If you are able to negotiate for the most money because this company will suck the life out of you.

Worked for Muscular Dystrophy Association? Contribute to the Community!