Muscular Dystrophy Association Fundraising Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was expedient. Over the course of 2 weeks, I had participated in 2 phone interviews and a skype interview (as I was planning to move from out of state).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a position that required you to meet goals.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Really bare bones. Sounds like there has been a huge turnover in the office so they were trying to move me through quickly. It was not particularly challenging, but I did see a lot of red flags come up about the way they operate. I would not take a job working there. Also glad I checked Glassdoor afterwards.

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted about a month later for a screening with HR. Three days after that i had an interview with regional Directors. Very quick. HR was accessible. Offer was made quickly. I felt like MDA was very respectful of my time.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview- What would I do, and what I have done in various situations. I also prepared a presentation.   Answer Question

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in February 2015.

Interview

HR screening with very basic question. The in person interview was a list of 30ish questions. They just read off a list. Not very personal. They don't really explain exactly how much you would actually work. Temp flex isn't really opinion.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. Definitely a behavioral interview, lots of situational questions. They allowed me to ask a lot of questions but at the end of the day I felt like they were not up front with me from the beginning about pay and time requirements. I referenced the many reviews I read on glassdoor about the organization and position which I quickly learned turned the tone of the interview...

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral questions... tell me about a time when you _____   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

I initially applied online. I was then invited to do a video interview shortly after. About 3 weeks later they asked to set up a phone interview. About 3 weeks after that they asked me to come in for an interview with the Executive Director. That day they asked me to set up a presentation for the next. About 3 weeks after they called late in the evening to offer me the position. They offered the top price range and gave me a little over 2 weeks before the start date with minimal flexibility.

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered the highest in the range for the position.

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Interview

MDA does a behavioral intervew. They want examples of how you made an office run more smoothly, or how you put a plan in place to grow a particular event. Must know Word and Excel pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about our organization (specific info)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone call with offer and start date requested

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Interview

After I applied online I was contacted by a member of HR for a phone screen. It took about 15 minutes.Very general questions. What did you like best/least in your previous position. Tell me about your fundraising/marketing experience. Are you comfortable speaking in front of groups?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I felt very comfortable interviewing with MDA. I was initially contacted by a Divisional Director and completed a phone screen. I was then called in for an in person interview with a few different managers. Following this interview I received a few follow up questions and was offered the position. Start to finish the process went pretty smoothly.

Interview Questions

• I had to prepare an elevator pitch to sell MDA - I gave it my best effort and it clearly paid off.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as they offered me a salary at the higher end of the range that we discussed. It was clear that they valued me as a potential employee.

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interview process was ok I guess. I'm kind of good at interviews though. The ED was dressed extremely unprofessional and very vague regarding the job. I have had better interviewers, but over all it was pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• I cant think of one. it was pretty simple and straight forward. Not a complicated process at all   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not