Muscular Dystrophy Association Health Care Service Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.1

Health Care Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in June 2015.

Interview

After an initial online application, I was contacted for a phone interview with an HR Generalist. The next day, a second phone interview was conducted with a Regional HR Worker. They invited me to the office location for an in person interview the following Monday with the Executive Director and Regional HCSC. I received a follow up call from HR and a job offer within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• The phone interviews were much more general in nature and typical interview questions. The in person interview was behavioral in nature and fairly intense. Lots of “tell me about a time” type questions and follow up questions after my responses. I was asked to prepare a five-minute presentation, inviting my interviewers to be a part of an MDA Muscle Walk team.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screening that took around 30 minutes. They sent me some questions beforehand and asked me to provide written answers before the interview. The interviewer was very nice over the phone, and the questions weren't too difficult, but I realized afterward that I hadn't displayed enough excitement about the position. I was not invited to the in-person interview stage of the process. I would advise candidates to research the company and have a strong desire to work with those with Muscular Dystrophy.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? What health services experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

So far I have had two phone interviews and a third in-person interview. They asked for a 5 minute presentation on why I would be the 'best fit.' The interview lasted about an hour. Afterwards, I was asked to complete a paper application and a authorization for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions about setting goals and how you reached them; how you have influenced people; how you organize, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Phila, PA).

Interview

Look professional Know about the company Look enthusiastic

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Reston, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. If they see your passion to make a positive difference in people's lives, they are more prone to hire you. The Regional VP will do most of the talking, but make sure your responses are to everyone in the room.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past that you feel could contribute to your role here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told what my salary was. No room for negotiating since they are a non profit and it is a small team per area with a fixed price offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Syracuse, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

1. Apply by Resume 2. First Contact is made and it was an unscheduled phone interview. 3/4. Face to face interview with several persons including behavioral interview 5. criminal background check 6. job offer

Interview Questions

• Related to the Behavioral interview applying real life situations to the questions they asked. "tell me about a time when......"   Answer Question

Negotiation

They looked a bit uncomfortable when I asked about raises.....I was misled by the response ..."if we make budget". They had not made budget in years, I also asked about advancement opportunities and they seemed a bit puzzled by that. There were serious issues that were not disclosed to me at the time of interview.

Health Care Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in May 2009.

Interview

Wasn't told the truth about all the nights and weekends we will be forced to work with no comp time or extra pay. They really abuse the salaried employees.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MDA   2 Answers
    • Have you ever volunteered for MDA   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, they know that jobs are scarce and can careless if you feel exhausted, sick or overworked to the stress out maximum.