Muscular Dystrophy Association

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

Ed Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

The Process starts with a call from HR once you have applied online and are deemed an potential fit. The Phone Screen is about 30 minutes with the local HR rep (this is new). Then the hiring manager will meet with you for 1-2 interviews in person that will include a presentation. This is set up by HR. Once you are selected they will then contact you to begin the background check and other details as well as make you an offer. The process is fairly quick.

Interview Questions
    • What don't you like about your current job.   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

The interview process was lengthy. Definitely a behavioral interview, lots of situational questions. They allowed me to ask a lot of questions but at the end of the day I felt like they were not up front with me from the beginning about pay and time requirements. I referenced the many reviews I read on glassdoor about the organization and position which I quickly learned turned the tone of the interview...

Interview Questions
    • Many behavioral questions... tell me about a time when you _____   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

questions are fully based on examples, "name a time when X happened. what did you do" "how did you handle when X happened" etc. How do you multi-task? Do you work best in teams or alone? Name a time when you had multiple projects coming due at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • the experiential questions are normally not really expected so it was difficult   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant - New York City Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in June 2014.

Bait and Switch. Don't bother wasting your time on an interview. No-one greets you when you arrive, you have to find them. They ask for all your professional and personal information first. Then they give you a very basic Word and Excel test. then they tell you "Sorry you did not pass the Excel." I asked why since all the formulas and questions were correct. But they want it to look like an internal template - only seen by MDA. Very poor tricky sales tactic, as no-one knows this template style except them. They are only looking for donors, so they choose people who have worked for large companies. I asked for all my documents back so they could not solicite my former company for money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in June 2014.

I initially applied online. I was then invited to do a video interview shortly after. About 3 weeks later they asked to set up a phone interview. About 3 weeks after that they asked me to come in for an interview with the Executive Director. That day they asked me to set up a presentation for the next. About 3 weeks after they called late in the evening to offer me the position. They offered the top price range and gave me a little over 2 weeks before the start date with minimal flexibility.

No negotiation, they offered the highest in the range for the position.

Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Group interview with 5 people total. Introduced ourselves and said our favorite job/why. Next person had to repeat what you said. Given information about position and company. Brainstormed words that came to mind when you thought of their Lockup event. Had to prepare a script to get someone to become a jailbird.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare a script to your best friend to invite them to the Lockup event   View Answer
    None. Training is 10/hour, and after a week it goes up to 11/hour

Health Care Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in April 2014.

So far I have had two phone interviews and a third in-person interview. They asked for a 5 minute presentation on why I would be the 'best fit.' The interview lasted about an hour. Afterwards, I was asked to complete a paper application and a authorization for a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral questions about setting goals and how you reached them; how you have influenced people; how you organize, etc.   View Answer

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

MDA does a behavioral intervew. They want examples of how you made an office run more smoothly, or how you put a plan in place to grow a particular event. Must know Word and Excel pretty well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what you know about our organization (specific info)   Answer Question
    Phone call with offer and start date requested

Director of Business Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Performed three different interviews with a Senior level manager, then Executive Director, and then finally met with two Area Directors.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were all very typical and nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

After I applied online I was contacted by a member of HR for a phone screen. It took about 15 minutes.Very general questions. What did you like best/least in your previous position. Tell me about your fundraising/marketing experience. Are you comfortable speaking in front of groups?