Muscular Dystrophy Association
www.mda.org Tucson, AZ 500 to 999 Employees

Muscular Dystrophy Association Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 20, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Interview Details – Group interview with 5 people total. Introduced ourselves and said our favorite job/why. Next person had to repeat what you said. Given information about position and company. Brainstormed words that came to mind when you thought of their Lockup event. Had to prepare a script to get someone to become a jailbird.

Interview Question – Prepare a script to your best friend to invite them to the Lockup event   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Training is 10/hour, and after a week it goes up to 11/hour

Bothell, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in August 2011.

Interview Details – Came in for an in-person interview, in a group setting with about ten other candidates and they said they were looking to hire 2-4 VRCs. The Fundraising Coordinator led the interview, asking questions about how we handle rejection, stay motivated, and more. She also had us read a phone script while she was facing away to simulate hearing us on the phone, which was a little intimidating and I was glad I didn't have to go first!

Interview Question – How do you stay motivated after repeated rejection?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Contract job; each agency has a set bill rate - you may be able to negotiate with the agency you work, but MDA won't talk dollars.

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in November 2010.

Interview Details – First half hour interview with MDA Employee.
Next Hour Group Interview with both Fundraising coordinators with about 6 other people. Asked questions like "What would you say to a person you were asking to commit to the Lock Up?" "What kind of people are good jail birds". Not a good discription of what the job entails. Led to believe we are given tons of names to cold call but in reality you have to make do with about 10 new numbers a day.

Interview Question – "write down a script for asking for a jailbird to commit to the lock up."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Pay was discussed before the interviews.

Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview basically consisted of reading and being told to follow a script word for word. We were also required to read the script to the group that was in the interview. Went around the room, stood and stated our name and why we wanted to work at the Muscular Dystrophy Association. The next day we watched a very outdated film that was supposed to relate to the job we were being considered for. Then we were given a list and a telephone and basically told to start phoning. Oh, and we did listen to other on the phone for approximately 45 minutes before we actually started.

Interview Question – What is the reason you want to work for the Muscular Dystrophy Association?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Muscular Dystrophy Association

Worked for Muscular Dystrophy Association? Contribute to the Community!

Muscular Dystrophy Association Videos

Muscular Dystrophy Association – Why Work for Us?

Why just work? Start making a difference today! MDA is the nonprofit health agency dedicated to finding treatments and cures for muscular dystrophy, ALS and related diseases by funding worldwide research. The… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Muscular Dystrophy Association Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Muscular Dystrophy Association employees and interview candidates.