Museum of Science

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Museum of Science

Coordinator Interview

It took 2 months. I was called a week after sending my resume. HR screened on the phone. Then I was interviewed by the manager. 2 months later I interviewed with the team.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you deal with a manager that is very hands on?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Museum of Science.

The interview process involved a brief phone interview with HR, a phone interview (30 min) with the team I'd be working with, an in-person interview with the same team (1 hr). The time from when I sent my resume to my first day was 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything that caught me way off guard. I suppose the hardest would be how I handle problems with co-workers.   Answer Question
    I was called and offered the job over the phone and was given time to think about it. I accepted the offer without further negotiations as I had already said what my salary requirements were and the offer was in that range.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Museum of Science in September 2010.

Interviewed four different times. First with Human resources, then a one on one with the department manager, next with 3 colleagues, and lastly with the vendor I would have close contact with. It was a good process in which they filled me in on who I would be meeting next. Many of them asked the same simple questions, so I felt quite over prepared.

Educator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Museum of Science in August 2011.

An interview among peers. It was professional and casual at the same time. It consisted of a more formal introduction of how my interviewers arrived in their current positions, and how I came to this position as well. After a presentation of my teaching skills, there was a more formal Q&A session, which was full of questions about how I handle certain situations, such as audiences and technical problems. I felt very comfortable the whole time and I was very satisfied with the process.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of how you had to solve a problem while presenting to an audience?   View Answer

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Museum of Science in May 2010.

The interview process was fast and easy. They respond only to qualified candidates but I received an email for an interview within two days of sending in my application. The recruiter coordinated a phone interview with the intern coordinator. It was an easy interview with questions that one would anticipate for all interviews (e.g. interest in the internship, experience).

Interview Questions
    • Can you remember a time when you had to handle a customer or interacted with someone that was difficult?   Answer Question
    • When you teach someone what tools would you use?   Answer Question