Music & Arts Center

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Music & Arts Center.

Interview Details – Very easy! Just be upbeat and prove you have a drive to win. Training process once hired was good. I was already knowledgeable as a manager so it made things easier. Just be yourself.

Sales Associate - Keyholder Interview

Sales Associate - Keyholder
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Music & Arts Center in June 2012.

Interview Details – Cold called asking about a job for 3 years (i was 15 at first) and they finally gave it to me at 18 because they needed rental temps. after rescheduling interview twice, I was sat down with 2 managers. The DM, and store manager, and they were extremely basic with their questions. "How long have you known about the company, what instruments do you play" and was very quickly hired.

if you know the difference between brass and woodwind, and a violin and a viola you will be fine.

Interview Question – none. cookie cutter interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Contract Writer Interview

Contract Writer

I applied in-person and interviewed at Music & Arts Center.

Interview Details – Be ready to answer questions about sales and customer service. This is a 90 day job and some are kept on after that. Did training and was paid. Good job for a high school kid. I enjoyed working for the company. Will try and stay on if they will allow me.

Interview Question – Where will I be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Rental Season Temp Interview

Rental Season Temp
Peabody, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Music & Arts Center in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview went very well. I was interviewed by the current Store Manager and District Sales Manager, who were both terrific bosses. They essentially asked what I'm about as a musician, my previous employment experiences and what I could bring to the table to get them though their busiest time of the year. I immediately liked them and they immediately liked me. It was a very comfortable, pleasant experience.

Interview Question – "Any background in customer service?" That was tough because I hadn't really had any retail experience prior. I just told them how a very small aspect of my last job involved working with the public.   Answer Question

Full Time Sales Associate/Keyholder/Assistant Manager Interview

Full Time Sales Associate/Keyholder/Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Music & Arts Center.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email after submitting my resume to my local Music & Arts. The district manager at the time was a lot of fun to talk to and it was one of the easiest interviews I've ever had. In truth it was more like a conversation than an interview. I wish she'd gone into more detail about what I'd be doing as I had no idea the job I'd accepted was essentially an Assistant Manager position.

Interview Question – Well the most difficult was the question I always get asked in interviews. What's your greatest weakness? It's hard to answer that truthfully and still sound like a good candidate for the job. Most of the questions she asked were easy to answer   Answer Question

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Senior Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Music & Arts Center in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very fast from sending in the application for the position to being hired. Took less than 4 days until I had the position offered to me.

Interview Question – How I view the position with Music & Arts. Full timers are also "managers-in-training" so DM's and RM's like to have an idea of who they can count on for possible promotions.   Answer Question

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Full Time Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Music & Arts Center in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted by both my immediate manager and the DM. The District Manager has most of the hiring/firing "say-so". The meeting lasted about 30 minutes where we discussed the regular responsibilities and duties of my upcoming position and they asked a series of questions.

Interview Question – Most of the questions asked were normal interview questions such as "where do you see yourself in the next couple of years?" or "which is more important, sales or customer service?"   Answer Question

Customer Sales Representative Interview

Customer Sales Representative
New Britain, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Music & Arts Center in October 2011.

Interview Details – This was by far the most unprofessional interview I've ever gone through.

I received a call from the district manager while I was in class after an employee referral. I returned his phone call only to be asked why I didn't pick the phone up on the first ring. He asked me what I knew about the store and what work I had done in the music field. (I had 90 credits towards a music education degree, worked 6 years as a salaried performer, etc).

Then the real shocker came. He offered me the position on the grounds that I drop out of school! (not to mention, my classes were only 2 days/week). Not only was this the sickest thing I've ever heard from an interviewer, but it was only for a PART TIME position, not 40 hours/week.

Needless to say, not only did I decline, but made sure I never went back to the store.

Interview Question – How much are you getting paid to be educated?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had more integrity and couldn't see myself sacrificing education to make less than minimum wage on commission

Employee Interview

Employee
Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Music & Arts Center in April 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was easy. I emailed my resume to the person listed on the site, and received an email to come into the business that afternoon for an interview. I arrived with my resume, dressed professionally, and greeted the manager. We spoke for a minute before heading back to the interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – What do you feel you could bring to this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I interviewed for a part time position, but was offered a full time position with benefits.

Contract Writer Interview

Contract Writer
Littleton, CO

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Music & Arts Center in August 2011.

Interview Details – I basically walked in because it said they were hiring on the door. They double their staff at the beginning of the school year because it's instrument rental season. The guy working in there was nice and gave me an application, it was a very simple application, it didn't even ask for references or anything like that actually. I filled it out and gave it back to him, then I left to go to the mall and fill out some applications there. About a couple hours later, M&A called me back and asked me to come in for an interview later that day. I went in for an interview with a manager and it was fairly simple. He asked me about previous work, why I was qualified etc. Nothing that should take you by surprise. He also asked the typical "3 words to describe yourself". The interview was pretty easy, and the jobs there aren't too competitive (not a lot of people apply there). They called the next day and offered me the job. However, it would only be a seasonal job, so the ending of the "season" was undetermined. I only got to work for them for about a month, which was okay because you have to wear dress pants and a nice blouse and must be very conservative. So if you know a ton about instruments and like dressing nicely and conservatively than this is the job for you! it wasn't really the job for me though... The application/interview process is fairly simple though.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Music & Arts Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Music & Arts Center interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Music & Arts Center employees and interview candidates.