Mutual Mobile Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

3.2

Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile.

Interview

lasts for around 45 mins, with two Android Engineering, most of the questions are technique questions, such as what is Activity? Have you used AsynTask, Or Have you used XML, and there are some difficult technique questions such as, could you design an App that can change the languages when the user open the app.

Interview Questions

• Most of the question are based on Android, None of them are about Algorithm and Java   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was first contact with a recruiter who asked basic background questions. Then there was an one hour phone screening with 2 engineers with Android specific technical questions. A few java but no algorithms or puzzles. I did not get to the next step. Overall they are very professional and seems organized with the process.

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Questions were more situational and not many technical questions. Was asked what the key difference is testing on iOS vs. testing on Android. The phone interview lasted roughly 45 minutes. Was pretty straight forward and you get a good feel of what the QA team is like and how they operate.

Not Specified Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had been told to avoid this company by clients and past employees, though more recently I heard that they had a few smart additions to the team. I accepted the request for an interview with an open mind. The initial steps seemed organized, but it deteriorated after that. My feedback from the interview process mirrors what employers wrote in their reviews. It seemed like a very immature organization with more effort spent on achieving a young, hip, and hyped-up environment than achieving business goals. I didn't get the impression that anyone there had any management or business development skills. It isn't a work environment for anyone who is looking for a serious career.

Interview Questions

• Their interview questions were really unmemorable. The questions I asked them was likely harder for them to answer than any technical question would have been.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I did the initial phone screen on the sidewalk outside a bar i was drinking at and was a little buzzed. didnt take it at all seriously and couldnt hear a word they said but i advanced to the technical interview. The technical interview consisted of a screenshared coding exercise during a google hangout which android fundamentals and best practices. After this they asked me how I would analyze/implement a mockup of a user interface. I learned later that the main reason I was hired was because my jokes were funny and I was easy to work with and that they had lazily broken their own interview process protocol multiple times throughout this endeavor.

Interview Questions

• Use an AsyncTask to hit a web API and update the UI accordingly   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring process consisted of screening with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager and an onsite interview. The onsite interview was about 4 hours or so, interviewing with a total of 6 employees, including the hiring manager. Spent most of my time listening to people talk about the company, and their current build process. Also found out the IT department has been reorganized multiple times in just a few months.

Interview Questions

• Developers push their code to Bamboo and the builds are done via a Mac Mini server farm. For whatever reason sometimes the builds fail, and only complete when manually handled. Why? What would cause this?   Answer Question

Iteration Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile in July 2013.

Interview

Had two phone and three 1 hour long onsite interviews. The gap between each interview was 1 week+. The interview questions were as I expected but there was no follow up after each interview. I had to ping the HR to find out about the next round.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile in May 2013.

Interview

Had first round with some QA engineer. Generally basic questions on project and about how to handle situations. After painful wait for 1 week and sending mail to recruiting manager .Got second round with 3 chinese guys.Again they asked me about project details and put some on the spot situational questions. After 2 days no offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Your answer should fit to their requirement, even if you answer exceedingly well they wont consider you.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

This was a long three hour interview. First hour I met with the director of QA and a lead. Second hour I met with two leads and third hour I met with two more leads. There were a couple of programming questions, but they were fairly easy (although I felt the interviewers were not strong coders). The questions ranged from the typical interview questions (such as what would you do in this scenario or that scenario) to some time management quizzes. Sample questions: "Take a look at this app on my phone. Look at it for a minute. Now tell me how you would QA it." "How would you QA this pen" "How would you QA this sample scenario". Overall, it was frustrating at times but I made it through. Keep your cool. Answer with confidence.

Interview Questions

• They try to give you trick questions. There was a time management 'puzzle' with a couple of solutions. Once you answered those, they changed it up on you to an impossible scenario. Instead of saying, "I don't know" you should answer with "I would ask for help"   Answer Question

The pay and benefits leave a lot to be desired. But the company environment seemed very fun.

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

haphazard. One of the interviewers didn't even show up, no apology, no nothing; then when I did see him; he was wearing all black, a black silk shirt, a fedora, gold chain; a sad sad representation of the firm;

Negotiation

simple; they don't pay enough anyway; so it was easy