Mutual of Omaha

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview Details – I applied through LinkedIn, Few days later received an call from the recruiting specialist from the local branch and was invited for a interview. After a week was called on with an interview with the general manager. He touch based in detail about the process of the company which took place in the first interview

Interview Question – The interview was mostly behavioral questions and after few minutes the interviewer would give an overview of the company.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very short because I was called in by a recruiter who basically lied to me about what the job would entail. This is the type of position for the die hard salesperson b/c if your not selling, your starving.

Interview Question – How quickly would you be able to add value to Mutual of Omaha? Basically asking: Could you sell water to a fish?   View Answer

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a financial advisor after submitting my resume to my school's career website. I was able to set up an interview a week later at their office. The interview was pretty standard. We talked one on one for about half an hour about my experiences and the responsibilities of the job. My interviewer felt that I should move on to the next part which is a questionnaire with over 200 multiple choice questions dealing with personality and skills. The results are sent to the interviewer a day later at which point they decide whether they want you to come back for the second interview.

Interview Questions

Financial Advisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in June 2011.

Interview Details – I met them at a job fair and spoke to them briefly while I was waiting for another company, so I was surprised to receive their call a week later. It was straightforward and they were very friendly. The interview lasted about 90 minutes with the interviewer speaking for the majority of the time. They seemed to be more focused on selling the company to me, rather than learning about me. I then briefly met with the HR director and she did a background check and told me about a multiple choice aptitude test that I needed to take. The website link to that was sent via email that evening and it took about 2 hours to complete. They said they'd call with results but didn't. I followed up about 6 weeks later and they enthusiastically said they'd take it to the next level. After the interview, I got a feeling that the lack of additional contact might have been a test to see how I was at chasing a sale.

Reason for Declining – The opportunity is a great one for someone that wants an aggressive sales role, flexibility and autonomy. After learning more about it, it just wasn't a career path that I want to pursue.

Worked for Mutual of Omaha? Contribute to the Community!