Mutual of Omaha Financial Advisor Interview Questions

2.2

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

take out 3 pages of questions and ask you to answer one by one, the recruiter will take notes of your answers one the paper and ask you to take a survey after the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mutual of Omaha

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Tigard, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter, who scheduled the resume with me via phone. She was very nice and told me that with my management background, I really stuck out and they were looking to fill the Financial Advisor position. This all sounded great, so I met up with the General Manager of the Portland Office in Tigard. It was a pretty standard interview, however it turns out that their "Financial Advisor" position is in fact a sales position with the pay 100% based on incentive and no salary. Had I known this beforehand, I would have turned down the interview since I wasn't interested in that kind of a role. Perhaps if the position was titled "Financial Sales Advisor" or the like it would be less misleading.

Interview Questions

The title of the position is misleading in terms of pay structure.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, Few days later received an call from the recruiting specialist from the local branch and was invited for a interview. After a week was called on with an interview with the general manager. He touch based in detail about the process of the company which took place in the first interview

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly behavioral questions and after few minutes the interviewer would give an overview of the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was very short because I was called in by a recruiter who basically lied to me about what the job would entail. This is the type of position for the die hard salesperson b/c if your not selling, your starving.

Interview Questions

• How quickly would you be able to add value to Mutual of Omaha? Basically asking: Could you sell water to a fish?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Baltimore, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a financial advisor after submitting my resume to my school's career website. I was able to set up an interview a week later at their office. The interview was pretty standard. We talked one on one for about half an hour about my experiences and the responsibilities of the job. My interviewer felt that I should move on to the next part which is a questionnaire with over 200 multiple choice questions dealing with personality and skills. The results are sent to the interviewer a day later at which point they decide whether they want you to come back for the second interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mutual of Omaha in June 2011.

Interview

I met them at a job fair and spoke to them briefly while I was waiting for another company, so I was surprised to receive their call a week later. It was straightforward and they were very friendly. The interview lasted about 90 minutes with the interviewer speaking for the majority of the time. They seemed to be more focused on selling the company to me, rather than learning about me. I then briefly met with the HR director and she did a background check and told me about a multiple choice aptitude test that I needed to take. The website link to that was sent via email that evening and it took about 2 hours to complete. They said they'd call with results but didn't. I followed up about 6 weeks later and they enthusiastically said they'd take it to the next level. After the interview, I got a feeling that the lack of additional contact might have been a test to see how I was at chasing a sale.

The opportunity is a great one for someone that wants an aggressive sales role, flexibility and autonomy. After learning more about it, it just wasn't a career path that I want to pursue.