Mutual of Omaha

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

Training/Recruiting Manager Interview

Several interviews and background checks. Drug screening, licensing requirements. A background in the insurance industry would be helpful but a talented recruiter would be considered. Focus is on a positive, driven personality. Result driven organization expect to be held accountable. Public speaking and organizational skills a must.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult customer service issue you have experienced & how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

There is an initial interview then if you are selected from that you will be asked to take a profile test, basically like a personality test then they will offer you the job depending on your score.

None

Financial Advisor Interview

take out 3 pages of questions and ask you to answer one by one, the recruiter will take notes of your answers one the paper and ask you to take a survey after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mutual of Omaha in September 2014.

I was contacted via email by a recruiter, who scheduled the resume with me via phone. She was very nice and told me that with my management background, I really stuck out and they were looking to fill the Financial Advisor position. This all sounded great, so I met up with the General Manager of the Portland Office in Tigard. It was a pretty standard interview, however it turns out that their "Financial Advisor" position is in fact a sales position with the pay 100% based on incentive and no salary. Had I known this beforehand, I would have turned down the interview since I wasn't interested in that kind of a role. Perhaps if the position was titled "Financial Sales Advisor" or the like it would be less misleading.

Interview Questions

The title of the position is misleading in terms of pay structure.

Training & Recruiting Specialist Interview

Interview with General Manager first to discuss interest in position and reasons you would be a successful candidate. Then meet with Regional Sales Director to discuss the same things and answer other questions, such as "Why Mutual of Omaha." Interviews are heavily focused on understanding of the financial services industry, as well as ideas and plans for how you will attract, retain and develop new and experienced advisors.

Interview Questions
    • Specific ideas on how you will develop your recruiting pipeline.   Answer Question
    There was really no wiggle room on the base pay or bonuses. Bonuses are based on number of successful recruits.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

I applied through LinkedIn, Few days later received an call from the recruiting specialist from the local branch and was invited for a interview. After a week was called on with an interview with the general manager. He touch based in detail about the process of the company which took place in the first interview

Interview Questions
    • The interview was mostly behavioral questions and after few minutes the interviewer would give an overview of the company.   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mutual of Omaha in May 2014.

It was a long and tedious process that took about three months. After the initial application I was called within a week to set up a time for a phone interview that would happen in the next two weeks. During the interview the lady was nice as well as very respectable. The questions she asked were mostly STAR based questioning and it only took about 30 minutes. I received a call about two weeks later saying I made it to the final round of interviews and they were flying me out to the headquarters in Omaha for the final Interview. The final interview was a day and half long group interview consisting of group presentations, separate individual interviews, individual activities, all the while hiring mangers from different location were watching our every move as we attempted to woo them. To me the final interview was the only stressful part of the process especially since some candidates knew some of the hiring managers prior to the interview which was a disadvantage to half of us who were seeing them for the first time. All in all it was a great experience; the interview process was fun yet stressful and I enjoyed the experience even though I was not offered the position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Mutual of Omaha in May 2014.

The process is time consuming so be patient. Once you apply, it will take awhile to hear if you received an interview. The hiring area is friendly and helpful. The company is welcoming. The interview process is interesting. They described it as a behavioral interview. They want specific examples of a time you experienced the topic of the question, not how you would handle it so don't get confused.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in your work history when you addressed an integrity issue. What happened?   Answer Question

Finance Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Applied through Linkedin. Got a call the next day asking to fill a form online to see whether I was a good fit. The first meeting was a one-on-one with a HR rep. followed by an hour long interview with one of the district sales manager. I was then asked to fill another form once I got home to see what my expectations of the job were. Finally got called in for a second interview 3 weeks later to learn about how the company operates and how they deal with coompensation.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to use your present network to expand your sales business and are you willing to sell to people you know?   Answer Question

Could not take job because I was not a U.S. Citizen

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Initial interview is with the human resource area where they ask about your experience in the applied occupation. The next interview will be with the manager of the area. They will ask more specific questions looking for skill set. They may set up another interview if more than one candidate qualify. The time it takes to be contacted may vary by department.