Mutual of Omaha

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Trainee Interview

Sales Trainee
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was a long and tedious process that took about three months. After the initial application I was called within a week to set up a time for a phone interview that would happen in the next two weeks. During the interview the lady was nice as well as very respectable. The questions she asked were mostly STAR based questioning and it only took about 30 minutes. I received a call about two weeks later saying I made it to the final round of interviews and they were flying me out to the headquarters in Omaha for the final Interview. The final interview was a day and half long group interview consisting of group presentations, separate individual interviews, individual activities, all the while hiring mangers from different location were watching our every move as we attempted to woo them. To me the final interview was the only stressful part of the process especially since some candidates knew some of the hiring managers prior to the interview which was a disadvantage to half of us who were seeing them for the first time. All in all it was a great experience; the interview process was fun yet stressful and I enjoyed the experience even though I was not offered the position.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen!!   Answer Question

Insurance Based Financial Advisor Interview

Insurance Based Financial Advisor
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in November 2013.

Interview Details – The District Sales Manager was very easy to get along with. He lets you know what it took for him to get to where he is in the company. He said in the beginning while I was training he would go out with me and make the sales and I would get the commission. He has been very patient in waiting for me to get my license and I will be starting in approximately two weeks.

Interview Question – What do you expect your salary to be in two years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate only coming to the office two days a week after I am trained. The other days I plan to work in the field in my own hometown and surrounding counties.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview Details – I applied through LinkedIn, Few days later received an call from the recruiting specialist from the local branch and was invited for a interview. After a week was called on with an interview with the general manager. He touch based in detail about the process of the company which took place in the first interview

Interview Question – The interview was mostly behavioral questions and after few minutes the interviewer would give an overview of the company.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very short because I was called in by a recruiter who basically lied to me about what the job would entail. This is the type of position for the die hard salesperson b/c if your not selling, your starving.

Interview Question – How quickly would you be able to add value to Mutual of Omaha? Basically asking: Could you sell water to a fish?   View Answer

Finance Advisor Interview

Finance Advisor

Interview Details – Applied through Linkedin. Got a call the next day asking to fill a form online to see whether I was a good fit. The first meeting was a one-on-one with a HR rep. followed by an hour long interview with one of the district sales manager. I was then asked to fill another form once I got home to see what my expectations of the job were. Finally got called in for a second interview 3 weeks later to learn about how the company operates and how they deal with coompensation.

Interview Question – Would you be able to use your present network to expand your sales business and are you willing to sell to people you know?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Could not take job because I was not a U.S. Citizen

Senior Underwriter Interview

Senior Underwriter
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview Details – Initial interview is with the human resource area where they ask about your experience in the applied occupation. The next interview will be with the manager of the area. They will ask more specific questions looking for skill set. They may set up another interview if more than one candidate qualify. The time it takes to be contacted may vary by department.

Interview Question – Where do you foresee yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in January 2014.

Interview Details – One phone interview and then three face to face interview with managers.

Interview Question – There were not unexpected questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me why I asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by face to face interview.

Interview Question – Describe past projects that did not go well and what you did to turn it around.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very detail oriented and intuitive

Interview Question – What would the person who likes you least say about you   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location

Financial Adviser Interview

Financial Adviser

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who called me in for an initial interview. He asked me about my resume and a little about myself. Then, he introduced the company and the training program (I was right out of college), which showed the steps to becoming an adviser (i.e. insurance license followed by series 6 and 63). At the end of the interview, he asked me to complete an assessment online which asked questions like "how much salary do you expect to make in the first year/after five years" and "how much do you value spending time with family" and "how much do you think you will have to study to obtain licenses." The questions are set up as multiple choice. I was invited back for a second interview, and it was less about me, more about the company, detailing expectations, procedures and salaries, although I was asked a couple of questions about my resume and experiences. At the end of the second interview, I was asked to prepare a one-page marketing strategy, and at the third and final interview, we discussed the strategy and "why should we hire you" questions.

Maybe because I was right out of college, I didn't understand how companies do things, but I was caught off-guard with the company's lackadaisical approach. They were twenty minutes late to a meeting once (I had to wait in the waiting area), and they were not clear on a start date, salary (despite the second interview, they did not discuss my salary expectations with me at all), or benefits. They offhandedly mentioned that they wanted me to start before I graduated, but did not ask me. Overall, I felt more like they were trying to sell me a product (and maybe not being entirely truthful about the costs and benefits) than they were trying to recruit me as an employee.

Interview Question – What do you like to do in your spare time?
What other companies have you interviewed with?
Why should we invest in your training (i.e. hire you)?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was put off by the fact that they were late and too "laid back." I felt it was unprofessional, and the fact that they did not provide and offer letter and were unclear about salary, benefits, and start date made me feel uncomfortable accepting the position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mutual of Omaha

Worked for Mutual of Omaha? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mutual of Omaha interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mutual of Omaha employees and interview candidates.